Re: Polo Blue GT

Post by wigit »

picture of the front
Mart!n-GTI-DK
Platinum Member
Drives: '14 Polo BlueGT

Post by Mart!n-GTI-DK »

wigit wrote:did a trial fit of my 15" steelies today to double check they clear the front calipers (they are for GTI/GT but we've all heard that before)

in terms of tyre wear at 8,000 miles, front are an even 6mm and rears are an even 7mm so pretty pleased and will be rotated after winter
I bought 15" Audi pepperpots for winterwheels. But borrowed one from a friend first too to testfit before I bought them. But luckily they fit. :)

aniseedvan
Getting There!

Post by aniseedvan »

Thanks wigit, 8k wear on that little tread sounds promising. I was lucky to get that out of one set of bridgestones..

Fingers crossed mine arrived at the dealers today, pick up is thursday...
Faye_Valentine
Getting There!

Post by Faye_Valentine »

Mine's officially now on a ship somewhere on the ocean but I still haven't found out if the upholstery is correct or not! Guess it's too late now regardless! lol

Currently taking sweepstakes at work for my delivery date - I'm saying 2nd November....
aniseedvan
Getting There!

Post by aniseedvan »

Faye_Valentine wrote:Mine's officially now on a ship somewhere on the ocean but I still haven't found out if the upholstery is correct or not! Guess it's too late now regardless! lol

Currently taking sweepstakes at work for my delivery date - I'm saying 2nd November....
Speaking to a chap at work this afternoon who has an R line. The first one he had came with no air con despite him paying for it. Dealer had to order another car and he drove the first polo until the replacement turned up.
Just don't necessarily accept what's delivered if it's not right, and you're not happy!
wigit
Bronze Member

Post by wigit »

aniseedvan wrote:Thanks wigit, 8k wear on that little tread sounds promising. I was lucky to get that out of one set of bridgestones..

Fingers crossed mine arrived at the dealers today, pick up is thursday...
i was also surprised given i do like to drive it a little, my Fiat 500 ran bridgestones and these are on a similar wear rate to those so more than happy, my 35 gets through a set of fronts in 10k lol
Faye_Valentine
Getting There!

Post by Faye_Valentine »

aniseedvan wrote:
Faye_Valentine wrote:Mine's officially now on a ship somewhere on the ocean but I still haven't found out if the upholstery is correct or not! Guess it's too late now regardless! lol

Speaking to a chap at work this afternoon who has an R line. The first one he had came with no air con despite him paying for it. Dealer had to order another car and he drove the first polo until the replacement turned up.
Just don't necessarily accept what's delivered if it's not right, and you're not happy!
I've just heard back from the dealer - looks like Alcantara upholstery was selected on my order by mistake. :(

By some mystical stroke of luck they have found another car, ordered by another dealer with the same spec and options as I originally ordered already being shipped to the UK. They've contacted that dealer who has agreed to swap my Alcantara car for their Blue Speed car! :)

So, good news all round really! :D
wigit
Bronze Member

Post by wigit »

never ceases to amaze me how they mess up orders, you would think they have a QA system, interior is what makes the car for me
aniseedvan
Getting There!

Post by aniseedvan »

wigit wrote:never ceases to amaze me how they mess up orders, you would think they have a QA system, interior is what makes the car for me
I will be going with a checklist tomorrow, colleague's air con story worried me rather. Yes i'm picking up a pre-specc'd car but i've paid my money like anyone else, I'm expecting whats on the sheet..

Fingers crossed it'll all be fine..

So.. Are there any perks for being a VW owner? With Peugeot over the years i've been to Alton Towers the day before it opened to the public, tickets into one of the endurance events at Silverstone, an rcz track evening and this year drove the 208 Gti up the Goodwood hill climb.. To be fair i don't recall getting anything with Renault, Skoda or Seat in the past, so I have been pretty lucky to get in on these for nothing!
wigit
Bronze Member

Post by wigit »

the perk of being a VW owner over Peugeot is you have a car worth something after 3 years, nothing more, only joking
aniseedvan
Getting There!

Post by aniseedvan »

wigit wrote:the perk of being a VW owner over Peugeot is you have a car worth something after 3 years, nothing more, only joking
Ha you're not far wrong. Book price for my 5.5 year old car is depressing, especially compared to what husband got for his Octy which was a year older, and had 30k more miles on the clock...
It has been a hoot to drive though :lol:
Jason6003
New

Post by Jason6003 »

At 2pm tomorrow I'll be the proud owner of my 5 door Candy White BlueGT, it's finally collection day :D
Faye_Valentine
Getting There!

Post by Faye_Valentine »

wigit wrote:never ceases to amaze me how they mess up orders, you would think they have a QA system, interior is what makes the car for me
Well she was very apologetic about it but I didn't take that as her admitting blame, just that an error occurred somewhere and as it happens the new(er) car I'm getting also has the optional Convenience Pack (which I didn't order originally) at no extra cost, so I feel like I've got the best out of a bad situation. I really didn't want the Alcantara interior and nor did I want the hassle of waiting another three months, so to be honest although a mistake was made, I feel very lucky to have the resolution I have and pleased at how promptly it's been sorted.
Faye_Valentine
Getting There!

Post by Faye_Valentine »

Jason6003 wrote:At 2pm tomorrow I'll be the proud owner of my 5 door Candy White BlueGT, it's finally collection day :D
Woohoo! Good luck, make sure you take lots of photos! :D
aniseedvan
Getting There!

Post by aniseedvan »

Faye_Valentine wrote:
Well she was very apologetic about it but I didn't take that as her admitting blame, just that an error occurred somewhere and as it happens the new(er) car I'm getting also has the optional Convenience Pack (which I didn't order originally) at no extra cost, so I feel like I've got the best out of a bad situation. I really didn't want the Alcantara interior and nor did I want the hassle of waiting another three months, so to be honest although a mistake was made, I feel very lucky to have the resolution I have and pleased at how promptly it's been sorted.
That's excellent! I'm probably sad, but I think you'll appreciate that auto dimming mirror once you've got one. When my husband's driven my current car, he turns off the auto-on lights and rain sensors, but that's one thing that is just there and works..

I'm picking mine up around 1 today...