Polo Blue GT

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Faye_Valentine
Getting There!

Re: Polo Blue GT

Post by Faye_Valentine »

aniseedvan wrote:
Faye_Valentine wrote:
wigit wrote:never ceases to amaze me how they mess up orders, you would think they have a QA system, interior is what makes the car for me
Well she was very apologetic about it but I didn't take that as her admitting blame, just that an error occurred somewhere and as it happens the new(er) car I'm getting also has the optional Convenience Pack (which I didn't order originally) at no extra cost, so I feel like I've got the best out of a bad situation. I really didn't want the Alcantara interior and nor did I want the hassle of waiting another three months, so to be honest although a mistake was made, I feel very lucky to have the resolution I have and pleased at how promptly it's been sorted.
That's excellent! I'm probably sad, but I think you'll appreciate that auto dimming mirror once you've got one. When my husband's driven my current car, he turns off the auto-on lights and rain sensors, but that's one thing that is just there and works..

I'm picking mine up around 1 today...
The pack just contains auto-dimming rear mirror & rain sensing wipers now, the automatic headlights have apparently recently been removed. I'm sure back in August when I ordered that the convenience pack did contain auto-on headlights so whether I'll have them or not is anyone's guess... but as far as I'm concerned it's all additional toys I didn't order, so whatever I have I'll be happy!

Good luck for 1pm!
Norbreck21a
Silver Member

Post by Norbreck21a »

Polo's have never had Auto lights out of the factory (always a retro fit)....mores the pity.
aniseedvan
Getting There!

Post by aniseedvan »

Norbreck21a wrote:Polo's have never had Auto lights out of the factory (always a retro fit)....mores the pity.
Agreed, I will miss that - clearly getting lazy in my old age... :roll:
Norbreck21a
Silver Member

Post by Norbreck21a »

With the wife it's not so much lazy, as downright forgetful. Because her previous Polo (a 2011 6R SEL), used the standard headlights and tail lights as DRL's, she really never needed to worry about switching on her lights, as they are on all the time.

However, with the Blue GT (and the Xenon lights with the LED DRL'S), she sometimes forgets she has no tail lights on, and has been known to drive around at dusk, with just the powerful DRL's at the front on. I keep telling her, but I think she thinks' I'm trying to teach her how to drive :D

Auto lights would at least solve that problem !
Last edited by Norbreck21a on Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jason6003
New

Post by Jason6003 »

Its finally home!!!

aniseedvan
Getting There!

Post by aniseedvan »

Looking good!

Mines in the garage, was entertaining driving back trying to keep the bunch of flowers the dealer gave me upright..

Busy weekend (son's birthday tomorrow), mine might not come out til Monday..

Am I right in thinking you can't activate Siri from the Bury kit? I am actually one of those who uses it quite a lot to text and add reminders on my way home through my BT headset.
Jason6003
New

Post by Jason6003 »

My Bury kit is still in its box in the boot! I stumped up the cash and had the Bluetooth fully integrated into the stereo / instrument cluster
Norbreck21a
Silver Member

Post by Norbreck21a »

Jason6003 wrote:My Bury kit is still in its box in the boot! I stumped up the cash and had the Bluetooth fully integrated into the stereo / instrument cluster
Good man, you know it makes sense :D
gt_lock
New

Post by gt_lock »

aniseedvan wrote:Looking good!

Mines in the garage, was entertaining driving back trying to keep the bunch of flowers the dealer gave me upright..

Busy weekend (son's birthday tomorrow), mine might not come out til Monday..

Am I right in thinking you can't activate Siri from the Bury kit? I am actually one of those who uses it quite a lot to text and add reminders on my way home through my BT headset.

Not through the bury kit, as it works independently. However I love the voice activation on it, so much better than siri esp if you have an accent! It got my voice straight away and after setting up the magic word or 'activate voice control' all i have to do is say 'call.....' and it never messes up on me. It doesn't look great though, but does its job very well. Voice control is far safer than scrolling, so bury or siri you are good. You can still use siri though but as soon as the call is made and you have the bury kit active it will then show in the screen of the bury kit... like mirroring essentially. So for example say i jump in the car, start up and then decide to have a look at my phone to quickly check an email then decide to call someone using the phone, the bury kit will recognise this and you can then continue the call from it as you drive off, its pretty convenient.You can still use siri as before, as until you say the 'activation' word for the bury kit, it won't come on. Hope that helps!
Faye_Valentine
Getting There!

Post by Faye_Valentine »

Norbreck21a wrote:Polo's have never had Auto lights out of the factory (always a retro fit)....mores the pity.
My bad.... oh well, still the other features are very welcome as an additional freebie!
gt_lock
New

Post by gt_lock »

Jason6003 wrote:My Bury kit is still in its box in the boot! I stumped up the cash and had the Bluetooth fully integrated into the stereo / instrument cluster
Out of interest how much approx did that set you back? I don't know if i can justify costs and as i say i like the bury kit.However for a tidier dash i sometimes toy with the idea.

Your car looks great, i really like the combo of the white paint with the anthracite wheels, contrasts well. Just as I like the contrast of the blue silk with the silver wheels, however tis just personal preference i guess. Here is a low res snap of mine a while back after a quick detail (photobucket quality is not great as it resizes and pixelates when your image is a customised crop) ah well anyway :

Are you keeping all the badges on the boot?
Last edited by gt_lock on Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
daydotz
Silver Member

Polo Blue GT

Post by daydotz »

Can you not activate the rear lights to be on with the drl with vcds it would certainly help ;)
wigit
Bronze Member

Post by wigit »

both of those are looking great, i think the darker wheels do work on the white, nice to see one that isn't blue

we will have to arrange a Blue GT meet now there are a few of us owners
broelling
New

Post by broelling »

Just washed and did my BlueGT with Poorboys World EX Sealant with Carnuba. Waaauw. What a difference. It's just never been THAT black (and shiny mirror) before...
Jason6003
New

Post by Jason6003 »

The cost to integrate the Bluetooth into the stereo / instrument cluster was £300 from the dealer, this was fitted before delivery, they said they used a local guy who came in and did it as it was cheaper than them doing it!!! it's a lot of money and I had trouble coming to terms spending that just to make the odd phone call, but I intend to keep the car a while so I went for it. I have the Bury kit in a box so I was considering selling it to recoup some of the costs (it will make me feel better!)