Polo WRC Edition - Would you fall for it?

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Wolfi
Bronze Member
Drives: 2015 6C GTI

Polo WRC Edition - Would you fall for it?

Post by Wolfi »

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/ ... on/1647982#

It looks pretty cool IMO and the guy (possibly dealer?) must have spent some money on it: stickers, genuine VW body kit, black mirrors, VW genuine motorsport alloys. All it needs is some lowering springs!!
- Certainly a good head turner! :D
Last edited by Wolfi on Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
benjamin
Getting There!

Re: Polo WRC Edition - Would you fall for it?

Post by benjamin »

Looks really good, but I'm not a fan of the stickers tbh
greypolo9n3
Gold Member
Drives: white 6r 1.6 tdi rline/gti

Post by greypolo9n3 »

looks like a chavvy halfords kit up, makes any other polo look bad!

the real thing is far better :P

http://www.themotorreport.com.au/conten ... e67d76.jpg
gtblue
New

Post by gtblue »

greypolo9n3 wrote:looks like a chavvy halfords kit up, makes any other polo look bad!

the real thing is far better :P

I though the real one was: Image

I like the front bumper of your link a lot more.
Mart!n-GTI-DK
Platinum Member
Drives: '14 Polo BlueGT

Post by Mart!n-GTI-DK »

gtblue wrote:I though the real one was: Image

I like the front bumper of your link a lot more.
That is the real one... I have seen it IRL... I don't think it looks bad. But the Blue one does look much better.
Wolfi
Bronze Member

Post by Wolfi »

It looks better from this angle...
gt_lock
New

Post by gt_lock »

Wolfi wrote:Image
Yes I agree best angle is profile and the blue callipers set it off. I hope they update the design of the bi-xenons LEDs on future polos as they just don't look 'finished' and bit tacky, the reason i didn't go for them on my blue GT. However just on the lower bumper in a small horizontal line, as in the first pic here looks good (like the audi's) Be interesting to see if they put out an R street version for the masses in time, that is similar to this in performance spec with improved handling and with all the bells and whistles! Bye bye to any fuel efficiency then, but I could be tempted!
Wolfi
Bronze Member

Post by Wolfi »

gt_lock wrote:
Wolfi wrote:Image
Yes I agree best angle is profile and the blue callipers set it off. I hope they update the design of the bi-xenons LEDs on future polos as they just don't look 'finished' and bit tacky, the reason i didn't go for them on my blue GT. However just on the lower bumper in a small horizontal line, as in the first pic here looks good (like the audi's) Be interesting to see if they put out an R street version for the masses in time, that is similar to this in performance spec with improved handling and with all the bells and whistles! Bye bye to any fuel efficiency then, but I could be tempted!

I can't see VW doing a car for the masses tbh. They would want to keep the model exclusive to 2500 models.
Besides, if I had £30,000 to spend on a car, it would be on a Golf R, certainly not a polo!
My uncle has one and it is seriously quick (standard btw), only the other day, he went racing an BMW M5 on the A1 lol - he says the Beemer just couldn't get away until they went past (ahem) 110 mph even though he was absolutely gunning it! :D
wigit
Bronze Member

Post by wigit »

had a look at one of these and was underwhelmed, interior the seats weren't great and they had replaced the gloss black trim with silver

best bits of the car the rear diffuser and the wheels
gt_lock
New

Post by gt_lock »

I can't see VW doing a car for the masses tbh. They would want to keep the model exclusive to 2500 models.
Besides, if I had £30,000 to spend on a car, it would be on a Golf R, certainly not a polo!
My uncle has one and it is seriously quick (standard btw), only the other day, he went racing an BMW M5 on the A1 lol - he says the Beemer just couldn't get away until they went past (ahem) 110 mph even though he was absolutely gunning it!
Oh no I wouldn't spend £30 + either on a polo instead of a golf! What i meant was something sitting above the current GTI spec and that draws performance spec simliar to this WRC version, it would have to be competitively priced ofcourse or people wouldn't be interested unless it was a limited version ,prob why this one is selling.Taking what wigit says then if the quality of the interior wasn't up to scratch i wouldn't take a second look anyway. For under that £30+ you could get a lovely specced up Golf GTI, which my bro has just purchased. It is dripping in quality!
Wolfi
Bronze Member

Post by Wolfi »

Yeah I get your point, but the mk6 does also have a lovely interior, but the R is wicked with the 4WD - especially in the wet!
However, I think £30 is a lot of money for a Golf! (Unless the 0-60 time is under 5 secs)
...New GTI is a lovely car btw! Apparently is feels a lot quicker than the figures suggest! Get your bro to let you have a go in it :D