Polo Blue GT

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Immlang
New

Re: Polo Blue GT

Post by Immlang »

aniseedvan wrote:Mine went in for the auto door locking at the weekend, I'm hoping someone can clarify if it's now set up right..
Basically when I'm on my own I get out and open the drivers door, i can't open the doors/boot until I use the remote to unlock them. Every other car i've owned unlocks all the doors/boot when you open the drivers door.

They also switched the unlock on the remote to one single one to open all doors at my request, as i'm not in dark dodgy car parks at night on my own..
You can program it to autolock at 10 mph, as you've done, and to unlock everything when you take the key out of the ignition. A ross tech dongle can do it. I did mine yesterday!
gtblue
New

Post by gtblue »

How it's your noise at iddle?

I have notice the engine sounds similar to a diésel one.

Does it also happens in yours?
Mart!n-GTI-DK
Platinum Member
Drives: '14 Polo BlueGT

Post by Mart!n-GTI-DK »

I will agree that is sounds a little different than other cars in idle... But it's nothing like a diesel...
Listen to a Mk 5/6 Golf GTI in idle. Now that sounds like a diesel. :wink:
joelburbidge
Bronze Member

Post by joelburbidge »

don't know if anyone has looked at getting there blue gt remapped but i have found this http://www.jfautomotive.co.uk/portfolio ... k7-tuning/ and i have spoken to one of the technicians about the blue gt its £445 pricey but they give you piece of mind with the insurance just in case anything ever did happen
wigit
Bronze Member

Post by wigit »

i'd be interested how they have managed to crack the MK7 GTI ecu as the big boys have been struggling or is it a piggy back ecu

oddly not felt the need to map the Blue GT and curious how it will work with the cylinder deactivation and whether it is an edu out and i could do without the modified insurance etc on the Polo, i'll save the remap for the next years new arrival
joelburbidge
Bronze Member

Post by joelburbidge »

I am also interested to see how the 2 cylinder will work I imagine that it would turn on more but couldn't possible say until myself or someone else has it done
Email from the technician
Two options
Remap: This is all software based and to read and write the maps to the vehicle we have to remove the ECU and connect direct to the plug.

Module: This is a stand alone module that works in conjunction with the Bosch ECU 
ubiquitous-j
Bronze Member

Post by ubiquitous-j »

joelburbidge wrote:don't know if anyone has looked at getting there blue gt remapped but i have found this http://www.jfautomotive.co.uk/portfolio ... k7-tuning/ and i have spoken to one of the technicians about the blue gt its £445 pricey but they give you piece of mind with the insurance just in case anything ever did happen
Not sure I believe those figures. Why are the 122PS and 140PS 1.4 TSi engines seeing different results when they are both the same EA211 unit. You can see both the 86PS and 105PS 1.2 TSI units achieve the same mapped figure, so something isn't quite right. Call me sceptical but I don't believe they've had their hands on all the models yet.
ubiquitous-j
Bronze Member

Post by ubiquitous-j »

Thinking I might finally buy a BlueGT, does anyone know this one - http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... 2030297688 ?

Looks like its the 2014MY as seems to have the sensor pack. What surprised me is the properly integrated Bluetooth with the RCD 510, as all the others I've seen have the Bury interface for bluetooth. Mileage perhaps a little high but its well priced.
skipster
Silver Member
Drives: 2010 GTI

Post by skipster »

ubiquitous-j wrote:Thinking I might finally buy a BlueGT, does anyone know this one - http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... 2030297688 ?

Looks like its the 2014MY as seems to have the sensor pack. What surprised me is the properly integrated Bluetooth with the RCD 510, as all the others I've seen have the Bury interface for bluetooth. Mileage perhaps a little high but its well priced.
Yes - that mileage does seem high for a 13 reg, that is no more than 9 months old, it is more than my 60 reg GTI! If priced right could be a massive saving on new, looks like it could be up in Scotland judging by the reg. no.
GrumpyOldWesty
New

Post by GrumpyOldWesty »

Couple of more questions, firstly can a standard steering well be upgraded to multi function, and if so what is likely cost. And secondly in stead of the Bury Bluetooth can a RNS315 be upgraded to do the job, and again likely cost.

Thanks

Peter
skipster
Silver Member
Drives: 2010 GTI

Post by skipster »

Calling Blue GT owners, just had a thought, is the battery housed in the boot like the GTI?
matti
New

Post by matti »

skipster wrote:Calling Blue GT owners, just had a thought, is the battery housed in the boot like the GTI?
Nope, it's in the front. Boot is same size as standard Polo.
Norbreck21a
Silver Member

Post by Norbreck21a »

skipster wrote:Calling Blue GT owners, just had a thought, is the battery housed in the boot like the GTI?
No, under the bonnet as usual.
Faye_Valentine
Getting There!

Post by Faye_Valentine »

So, I found out I had a slow puncture on Monday night when the tyre pressure warning light came on. I took the car to a garage and the right rear tyre was registering 20psi. Topped it back up to 32 and left it overnight, by the next morning it was 28.

Confirmed at VW it was a slow puncture on the wall of the tyre so they couldn't repair it but turns out they can't supply the Dunlop SP Sport Maxx tyres that the car came with from the factory. They just don't do them - at all! The only tyres they could supply were Pirellis but as I was only going to replace the one (the tyres have only done 1600 miles) I wanted Dunlops to match the tyres I already have.

Turns out these Dunlop tyres aren't easy to get hold of!

Bear in mind I found out about the puncture on Monday night, on Tuesday morning I went to VW (they fitted the spare wheel for me) and then I rang round local tyre shops. None of them had it in stock, it was an order-in only. Kwik Fit couldn't get a tyre til Friday morning, Halfords couldn't get one at all and the local indie garages who could get one also said Friday, so I went through Blackcircles because they could get the tyre to a local garage for Thursday morning. Living in a fairly large city, maybe it was wishful thinking to expect at least one garage to have something in stock?

I got a call from them on Wednesday just before 5pm informing me they had lost the tyre en route and it hadn't arrived at my garage. I waited in all day yesterday to hear any news. They finally confirmed at 2.30pm yesterday that their courier had experienced an IT issue and because of this, they had ended up sending my tyre 200 miles away (you honestly couldn't make this up!)

So it's Friday morning now, I haven't been able to get into the office and I'm still without a tyre. I've paid £120 for a replacement which still hasn't arrived at the garage. I knew these tyres would be £120 each, but I had no idea they'd be so difficult to get hold of!
NMavs
Gold Member

Post by NMavs »

Should have used love tyres. There by far the best website. Ordered them on a Monday and was delivered to my works the following day. And their cheaper than black circles. Id cancel your order and try these :D