Bluetooth

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
ASneakyHippo
New
Drives: 2017 Polo GTI DSG

Bluetooth

Post by ASneakyHippo »

Hi all,

I have a new polo R Line on order in white with the LED lights, DAB radio and heated seats. When I ordered the car I was under the impression that upgrading the radio meant I didn't have to have the hideous taxi style mini screen for the Bluetooth. Clearly I was wrong!

What can I do to get rid of the mini screen? The upgraded DAB radio unit is the same as the golf etc so why doesn't it work the same way as other cars??

Cheers,
Mart!n-GTI-DK
Platinum Member
Drives: '14 Polo BlueGT

Re: Bluetooth

Post by Mart!n-GTI-DK »

ASneakyHippo wrote:Hi all,

I have a new polo R Line on order in white with the LED lights, DAB radio and heated seats. When I ordered the car I was under the impression that upgrading the radio meant I didn't have to have the hideous taxi style mini screen for the Bluetooth. Clearly I was wrong!

What can I do to get rid of the mini screen? The upgraded DAB radio unit is the same as the golf etc so why doesn't it work the same way as other cars??

Cheers,
I have original Bluetooth Plus in my Polo. No "taxi screen" all controled on the radio and speedo.
Wilxay
Silver Member

Bluetooth

Post by Wilxay »

To get the proper bluetooth setup you need quite a few retrofits. MSW, bluetooth module and minimum RCD 510 I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ASneakyHippo
New

Post by ASneakyHippo »

Thanks for the replies.

I should of mentioned I'm in the UK if that makes a difference to the specs. I have upgraded to the RCD 510 touch screen radio.

Mart!n what age is your polo? How come you don't have the mini screen?

Cheers
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Post by alexperkins »

The Polo in the UK isnt available with factory fit bluetooth. The little screen is the VW touch phone kit which is dealer fitted on delivery to them from germany
ASneakyHippo
New

Post by ASneakyHippo »

alexperkins wrote:The Polo in the UK isnt available with factory fit bluetooth. The little screen is the VW touch phone kit which is dealer fitted on delivery to them from germany
Ah ok that's for clearly that up :) has anyone got a link to the parts I will need to get the Bluetooth to work like a normal car? And a rough cost?
Mart!n-GTI-DK
Platinum Member
Drives: '14 Polo BlueGT

Post by Mart!n-GTI-DK »

ASneakyHippo wrote:
alexperkins wrote:The Polo in the UK isnt available with factory fit bluetooth. The little screen is the VW touch phone kit which is dealer fitted on delivery to them from germany
Ah ok that's for clearly that up :) has anyone got a link to the parts I will need to get the Bluetooth to work like a normal car? And a rough cost?
it isn't in Denmark either... But that dosn't meen it don't work together. ;)
ASneakyHippo
New

Post by ASneakyHippo »

Haha :) where do I need to start then?
funlovincriminal
Bronze Member
Drives: 6R GTI

Post by funlovincriminal »

I thought the same- by upgrading to the RCD510.
I was pretty annoyed when I picked my gti up from the dealer to find the bury kit installed.
Your dealer installs it upon delivery so just tell them NOT to install it - either get money off and buy the bluetooth module, or sell it and buy the bt module.
I wish i did that ^, i didn't realise the dealer installed them.
It's quite idiotic of VW to do this.
I have phone buttons ony steering wheel and RCD510 Which are completely useless as they don't connect to the bury kit.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
ASneakyHippo
New

Post by ASneakyHippo »

I have just had an email from the dealer saying they are able to fit the Bluetooth module for £350+vat!!

If they know it is possible why isn't it a standard feature. I don't want to pay that much for something that really should be standard on a brand new 14 plate VW.
stan-the-man
New

Post by stan-the-man »

The hidden BT setup was not available for 6R Polos as far as I managed to find out as there is no hole under the seat for module to go in.
Im in the process of making the loom but still didnt decide where to place the module. Can anyone share where they fitted theirs?
The taxi style yoke is awful and we were offered this when ordering car last year. I thought it was hidden one but then I saw it in the Passat in show room and said hell no!