Facelift Polo 6R spotted.

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Wilxay
Silver Member

Post by Wilxay »

So what do we think? That sport button is obviously for the suspension, soft and majestic or hard and racey. Then there is the auto cruise. Do we think they will have normal cruise as well or will the auto be the only cruise control option?

I dare say some people might end up with 6r's which have 6r(2) bumpers lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ciclo
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 6R'13/G7.5'19

Re: Facelift Polo 6R spotted.

Post by ciclo »

vc-10
Silver Member
Drives: 2019 Seat Ibiza 1.0 TSI Xcellence Lux

Post by vc-10 »

Interesting about the petrol powered Bluemotion. I wonder if the TDI option will remain? Or will the new 1.4 TDI be as good, and therefore be the de-facto replacement? I know the regular TDIs aren't the best bet for cities, what with having the DPF and all that.
K.I.T.T.
Platinum Member
Drives: Bicycle

Post by K.I.T.T. »

None of the new TDIs (or other manufacturers' diesels for that matter) will be good for city driving as they all have to have DPFs to comply with emission regulations. Kinda makes sense bringing out a petrol Bluemotion in this regard.

The 1.6 CR and 1.2 CR engine internals weren't as strong as the 2.0 CR, or the old 1.9 and 1.4 PD engines. Surprised they're building a new 1.4 CR TDI - wouldn't it have been easier to derive a 3 cylinder 1.5l CR from the existing 2.0 CR engine?

Ash
JayW
Silver Member

Post by JayW »

OMG those headlights!!! Why didn't they do this on the current model :(
JayW
Silver Member

Post by JayW »

So can anyone confirm if the new headlights will be a direct fit on the old polo??

i hope we dont need extra wiring for the DRL strips to work in the headlights.
ubiquitous-j
Bronze Member

Post by ubiquitous-j »

Looks fantastic to me :D. Granted some of the changes are quite subtle but its just enough to freshen it up and make it look like a baby Golf Mk7. The biggest improvements are clearly with the engines, very good news that we'll finally be seeing the back of the ancient 1.2 and 1.4 N/A petrol units. Should very neatly and effectively fill the gap between the Up and new Golf, probably stealing sales from both.

Looking forward to trying this out, and better still when the GTI and R are officially unveiled!
Last edited by ubiquitous-j on Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vc-10
Silver Member

Post by vc-10 »

K.I.T.T. wrote:None of the new TDIs (or other manufacturers' diesels for that matter) will be good for city driving as they all have to have DPFs to comply with emission regulations. Kinda makes sense bringing out a petrol Bluemotion in this regard.

The 1.6 CR and 1.2 CR engine internals weren't as strong as the 2.0 CR, or the old 1.9 and 1.4 PD engines. Surprised they're building a new 1.4 CR TDI - wouldn't it have been easier to derive a 3 cylinder 1.5l CR from the existing 2.0 CR engine?

Ash
Yup- but if you live in the countryside, or drive on the motorway a lot, then the TDI makes sense. Anyway, I went on the Autocar website, and it says that there will be a TDI Bluemotion, getting 88.3 mpg (yeah right). Should still be better than the standard cars though mpg wise.

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-c ... ead-geneva
K.I.T.T.
Platinum Member

Post by K.I.T.T. »

Too early to tell about the headlights. And rewiring for DRLs is piece of cake. There's already an output on the stock headlight switch (it's been this way for over 10 years) for DRLs
vc-10 wrote: Yup- but if you live in the countryside, or drive on the motorway a lot, then the TDI makes sense. Anyway, I went on the Autocar website, and it says that there will be a TDI Bluemotion, getting 88.3 mpg (yeah right). Should still be better than the standard cars though mpg wise.

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-c ... ead-geneva
I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss the MPG claims. Bold, but it might not be too far off. My old '53 plate 9n 1.4 TDI still does well over 60 MPG on the motorway (calculate brim to brim) without trying too hard and that's with a 15 year old engine design. The 6r is lighter and has newer technology. I know someone with a 1.6 that gets 70+ fairly regularly.

Ash
vc-10
Silver Member

Post by vc-10 »

The old PD engines get their claimed figures. The regular CR engines get more than the PD engines, but not their claimed figures. Cars with the stop/start system get better than the regular CR engines, but no closer to their figures. I seriously doubt that the new Bluemotion TDI will get 88mpg in day-to-day running. It will if you hypermile it, but not normally. The EU test cycle is broken.
joelburbidge
Bronze Member

Post by joelburbidge »

not so keen on the grey centre console think the glossy black in the current polo looks much better
chrispy.
Gold Member

Post by chrispy. »

I want them headlights! Keen to know if they are plug & play - probably not
K.I.T.T.
Platinum Member

Post by K.I.T.T. »

Do you have a CR TDI vc-10? What figures are you getting out of it?

I'm not sure what the book figures are for the 1.4 PD, but I recall ~49 MPG town, ~72 MPG highway and ~61 combined. My overall combined consumption according to the trip computer (which is dead accurate if not slightly pessimistic in my car) is just over 50 MPG.

In the summer, I consistently managed low 60s cruising between 65 and 70 MPH on 100+ mile motorway trips. The other day on a 200 mile trip from Luton to Blackburn I got 64, and that trip included being in a standstill for a while on the M6 in rush hour and the odd burst into naughty speeds. I think the 50 MPH limit around Birmingham mitigated said bursts though, however I was amazed as that's the best I've ever got on a "realistic" run despite the fact it's winter diesel at this time of year. The best I've ever had was 70, but that was barely doing 50 MPH from London to Peterborough for a laugh to see how high it would go.

What I will say is the more miles I put on the car, the better the MPG seems to get. It's on 67k now and is definitely better on fuel compared to when it was on 30k.

Anyway I digress and will stop derailing this thread :oops:

Ash :)
K.I.T.T.
Platinum Member

Post by K.I.T.T. »

chrispy. wrote:I want them headlights! Keen to know if they are plug & play - probably not
If they physically fit, it won't be too hard to get them to work (think 9n3 rear lights on a 9n and vice versa).

Ash
chrispy.
Gold Member

Post by chrispy. »

They do look like they would fit snug in our 6R's but just thinking of the gubbings behind.
Will soon find out i guess :)