9N3 GTi k04 hybrid track car

Chat about your facelift 9n3 Polo - Including the 9N3 Polo GTI!
S44mvp
Getting There!

Re: 9N3 GTi k04 hybrid track car

Post by S44mvp »

i havent updated in a while so here we go!

ive fitted my mocal oil cooler, braided lines and thermostatic sandwich plate:

i also vented my oil breather system to atmosphere underneath the car:

managed to pick myself up some genuine VW polo cup front and rear bumpers =):

then the mrs got me a lifeline 4 litre fire extinguisher system for christmas! awesome present imo:

i finally got around to ordereding a momo boss to fit my sparco 300 steering wheel:

ive now bought a devils own water methanol injection system which im yet to plum in:

bought and fitted a trackslag 2.5" charge pipe kit, must say i was very pleased with the quality of the produce and the service from them was excellent as well!:

also got some forge motorsport boost auxillary silicon hoses which i fitted the same time as the charge pipe:

ive now also got my passenger seat ready to fit, black sparco pro 2000 carbonio, perfect match for my drivers seat imo:

Simon90
Silver Member

Post by Simon90 »

Sam, looking epic mate!! Talk to me if your selling that standard bumper.. Mines smooth and I'm not a fan of it ATM

But my spray shop want £200+ for spraying a standard bumper like a gti!!
S44mvp
Getting There!

Post by S44mvp »

Simon90 wrote:Sam, looking epic mate!! Talk to me if your selling that standard bumper.. Mines smooth and I'm not a fan of it ATM

But my spray shop want £200+ for spraying a standard bumper like a gti!!
thanks mate! ilol be selling it eventually but not until i have fitted the cup bumpers and theyre all painted, ill let you know as and when though
Simon90
Silver Member

Post by Simon90 »

Cheers mate, this is going to look epic with that kit fitted.. I wanted a cup front bumper but the one on eBay is just bumper skin and vw aren't very helpful with getting other parts to complete it like grilles etc

Where did you get yours from?
S44mvp
Getting There!

Post by S44mvp »

got mine from ebay mate, seller was "master of bumpers" or something. i think they have another front bumper for sale atm now!

my mate ryan, he got one from vw paid quite a bit for it though, hes on here!
Simon90
Silver Member

Post by Simon90 »

Yeah that's the bumper I'm looking at, just I thought it was pretty expensive considering the damage and there's nothing else included

Yeah I seen his car! Very nice!! Vw supplied his bumper jheezzz he must have got on the good side of them! My lot are a nightmare and not really helpful
S44mvp
Getting There!

Post by S44mvp »

the price is high because theyre a different material, not normal abs plastic like most bumpers so theyre expensive to repair, he does a good job though.

haha where abouts u from? i seem to get on alright with my local tps
ryanday91
Bronze Member

Post by ryanday91 »

looking good sam!, best get cracking for ring!
S44mvp
Getting There!

Post by S44mvp »

ryanday91 wrote:looking good sam!, best get cracking for ring!
It'll be done mate =)
S44mvp
Getting There!

Post by S44mvp »

reciveved all remaining engine hoses from ash so im now able to finish plumming them in:

turbo to fmic boost hoses all plummed in:

dv, fpr and boost gauge vacuum hoses, fuel tank vac and water return hoses plummed in:

fmic to tb boost hoses plummed in:

purchased the side mounts for my passenger seat so i was able to fit that finally:

now have the cup edition front bumper fitted ready for paint:

ive also prepped and drilled the hard pipe after the fmic so the map sensor flange can now be welded:

nimmo
New

Post by nimmo »

Hi am following your build thread, very impressive. I am looking to fit a quaife lsd but am unsure of the part no. Quaife state I need to know the ring gear size, if it is 114mm then it will fit O2J. If it is 113mm they will have to machine the diff. Do you please have a part no? Many thanks, Justin
S44mvp
Getting There!

Post by S44mvp »

nimmo wrote:Hi am following your build thread, very impressive. I am looking to fit a quaife lsd but am unsure of the part no. Quaife state I need to know the ring gear size, if it is 114mm then it will fit O2J. If it is 113mm they will have to machine the diff. Do you please have a part no? Many thanks, Justin
Sorry mate I haven't got a part number for the diff as it's now fitted in the gearbox and on the car
S44mvp
Getting There!

Post by S44mvp »

got the map sensor flange welded and fitted the pipe:

extended the map sensor wiring and fitted the sensor:

genuine engine oil, gearbox oil, oil filter and ngk bkre7e spark plugs:

the last mikalor clamps to go onto the fmic and my brake servo vacuum turned up and fitted:

added some more heat protection around the silicon joiner off the turbo onto the charge pipe:

i then fired the engine up =) and it runs like a dream considering it hasnt yet got a downpipe fitted or o2 sensors wired up lol =)

ive now fitted the rear cup edition bumper as its nearly time to go to the bodyshop for paint:

new windscreen has also been fitted which is another item knocked off the list:

and ive also bought a sunstrip as i know longer have any sun visors and chances are ill be getting blinded in the summer:

nimmo
New

Post by nimmo »

Hi mate, as your build thread is so popular I thought I would post an update on my Quaife lsd upgrade. Gearbox stripped down by Stealth Racing and crown wheel has been sent to Quaife for modificatios to fit their diff. It is not a straight forward.
S44mvp
Getting There!

Post by S44mvp »

nimmo wrote:Hi mate, as your build thread is so popular I thought I would post an update on my Quaife lsd upgrade. Gearbox stripped down by Stealth Racing and crown wheel has been sent to Quaife for modificatios to fit their diff. It is not a straight forward.
Do you know what modifications? As far as I know the only modification to the crown when is that the rivets are removed and replaced with arp bolts