My candy white polo GTi build thread

Chat about your facelift 9n3 Polo - Including the 9N3 Polo GTI!
Simon90
Silver Member

Post by Simon90 »

So in the time I've been on this forum this is my 3rd GTi I've owned, all started off when I was 18 with my first candy white one, I was foolish and put a year old car on finance (£13k) anyways a year later I was fed up with the £300 odd a month coming out my account and being an appprentice it wasn't easy to do anything to it other than drive it..

Next was my black one which I got when I traded my noisy astra Vxr (typical gearbox issues) I also owned about 3 other cars since I sold the white one..

Now since selling the black one buying an S3 then a 320d and then a clio 172 sport, I've now got a white one again, but I've managed to get myself a house now so you could say the apprenticeship done me well!

I know what your thinking why another polo why not a golf or anything.. It's just something about the polo that i love.. It's small, quick and the potential is unbelievable with these engines..

So I brought the car in December last year off a bloke in Frome, Somerset who had done everything performance wise with it so with it running revo stage 2 I was happy for the time being so just focused on styling as it were.

First was new coilovers and powerflex bushes up front, also got rid of the bbs reps that came with the car and got the standard wheels powder coated grey (It wasn't the colour I wanted but cut a long story short the bloke was a nightmare to deal with so just took the wheels back) and put brand new conti's on them.. Next I purchased a full TT225 brake conversion off a guy on here. Then I got hold of some edition 30 seats and i spent a few hours fitting those but rears wouldn't fit so I'm doing a flat boarded out boot and having a couple of JL subs flush fitted in the floor.. Then I got on eBay bagged a brand new bluemotion splitter and sideskirts for a bargain! Got those painted along with my new bumper and valance as the previous owner bumped it and cracked the paint.. Also got the steering wheel, gearknob, gaitor and hand brake fully retrimmed.. Also done the xenon headlight conversion, not the cheap angel eye kit, very much like 9n3turbo's headlights but mine are different to his and also sprayed matte black not gloss to look different..

I'm sure there's loads I've missed but hopefully going to be at UD with it with my new wheels on.. Any feedback welcome good or bad

Cheers ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tony Boi 92
Silver Member

Re: My candy white polo GTi build thread

Post by Tony Boi 92 »

Only just realised, I was watching this car on eBay :) lol

Love it, watching this progress!
Simon90
Silver Member

Post by Simon90 »

I watched the price drop loads then I went and viewed it and snatched it up for £5300.. Then sold those bbs for £400 so really paid £4900 for it as the monza's came with the car also

I reckon alot of people could have been put off by the wheels and mileage but I live 2miles from work and won't be using it in the summer so mileage won't change and I now have a couple if sets for wheels for it now haha
Simon90
Silver Member

Post by Simon90 »

Little update,

Met a lad off here Wednesday night to swap my standard wheels over for his TT comps and here's the end result..

Also got my cambelt done! VW didn't supply me with an hydraulic tensioner so had to leave the car at my mates work shop and get on the phone to vw yesterday and get one! £97 later and I had one!! Also fitted 9N3 turbo's double din that I brought off him but no pictures yet

Not a massive update but I'm trying to keep on top of this thread,

Enjoy
Simon90
Silver Member

Post by Simon90 »

Those reps weren't at all to my liking but made £400 by selling them so wasn't all that bad!

Yeah updates may be slow I've not long brought as house
Simon90
Silver Member

Post by Simon90 »

Small update, weekend just gone, I couldn't resist tinting my car I do alot of window tints / wraps..

And I also wrapped my exhaust valance as that was the intention from the start but I didn't want it painted so wrapped it instead

Next job is to roll the arches and get my new wheels on ready for UD! There off to the powder coaters this week so ill have them back in 3 or 4days then it's wax them up and get tyres put on.. Oh and also need to fit my bluemotion sideskirts!
Simon90
Silver Member

Post by Simon90 »

Also the tints are 50% not black.. I like nice and subtle as the wheels will be the main thing I want to stand out (with my colour choice there stand out for sure!!!)
Simon90
Silver Member

Post by Simon90 »

Havent updated this in a couple of months

No major changes really got the bluemotion skirts fitted and the front splitter on.. Gave it a good clean and went to UD Image

I sprayed the comps matte black as my new wheels werent ready in time for UD..

So about a week after UD the wheels were back with there owner and went onto the car after i sealed them with carbon collectives platinum wheels - my god this stuff is amazing when youve got dirty wheels just jet wash them and bang clean wheels!!

Image Image

Also purchased a jap spec rear bumper which will be fitted for player classic along with my private plate

And last but no least got leon cupra front brake set up, which im planning on doing white as i think it should look pretty cool behind the red roti's

Not many more update will come to be honest as im concentrating on my house this year and cars in a pretty good place at the mo
Eddie9n
Bronze Member

Post by Eddie9n »

Wow, this is one nice looking polo! How did you get on with the headlights? Was it a relatively easy job? Also the side skirts you've got are votex, not bluemotion.
Loved this at UD's :D
TomG
Bronze Member

Post by TomG »

This looks very tidy..

Make sure you post up how you get on with fitting the brembos under those Rotiforms! Ive always wanted a set but thought they didnt fit over the Brems..
Simon90
Silver Member

Post by Simon90 »

Cheers guys , headlights were a ball ache to be honest but id do another set haha

Yeah brembos are getting test fitted this weekend.. Fingers crossed there go on otherwise ill repaint calipers and sell as i cant part with these wheels!!!
TomG
Bronze Member

Post by TomG »

Do they fit??
Simon90
Silver Member

Post by Simon90 »

Umm i asked a bloke who had them on his 9n3 with blq's and they fit fine

So off they went to the powder coaters and should be back this week all shiny and like brand new!
Simon90
Silver Member

Post by Simon90 »

havent updated for a while,

brembos are on and looking sweet behind the blq's

ill let the pictures do the talking

had a mini photoshoot aswell with a friend whos looking into getting into photography
Simon90
Silver Member

Post by Simon90 »

Front splitter is now sold and im going lower for dubs in the park this weekend