New New car - Now Shadow Blue GTI

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
benhowarth6
Bronze Member

Re: New New car - Now Shadow Blue GTI

Post by benhowarth6 »

hornmeister wrote:Just asking as it's less than 6 months old. 7000 miles is a bit more than I'd expect on a pre-reg and someones stolen your back doors :mrgreen:

Looks lovely in blue. When I bought mine a year ago there were about 3 available second hand and not a lot cheaper than new so I did buy new. Now there's quite a few black 5drs like mine available 2nd hand :(
Ah right, yes I doubt it pre reg with that mileage! Haha I'm only 18 and don't really have the need for the extra two doors, I also prefer the look of the three doors 8)

When I bought the white one in december there we're hardly any about that I liked but now there's over 30 of them available, must be something to do with the new polo/ new reg.
Arran
New

Post by Arran »

benhowarth6 wrote:
hornmeister wrote:Nice. Wish I'd gone for blue.

Just a quick query. Is this pre-registered or dealer stock? Seems a bit early for a 63 plater to be available.
Yeah I love the colour, looks even better in person.

Not entirely sure, the car only has 7000 miles on it so I'm guessing its used, it also doesn't have the Yorkshire plate number on it so its not from round here.
Registered in the Northampton area.
benhowarth6
Bronze Member

Post by benhowarth6 »

Arran wrote:
benhowarth6 wrote:
hornmeister wrote:Nice. Wish I'd gone for blue.

Just a quick query. Is this pre-registered or dealer stock? Seems a bit early for a 63 plater to be available.
Yeah I love the colour, looks even better in person.

Not entirely sure, the car only has 7000 miles on it so I'm guessing its used, it also doesn't have the Yorkshire plate number on it so its not from round here.
Registered in the Northampton area.
Yes I checked the plate and it came up with that.
funlovincriminal
Bronze Member
Drives: 6R GTI

Post by funlovincriminal »

Shadow blue ftw. Great choice, there are 2 of us now!
benhowarth6
Bronze Member

Post by benhowarth6 »

funlovincriminal wrote:Shadow blue ftw. Great choice, there are 2 of us now!
I actually thought this may had been your Polo from looking at your pictures before I got the car with it being a 63 plate! But mine doesn't have xenon's :(
bii3h
New

Post by bii3h »

B E Autiful in blue Pal 8)

bii3h
benhowarth6
Bronze Member

Post by benhowarth6 »

bii3h wrote:B E Autiful in blue Pal 8)

bii3h
Cheers! I absolutely love the colour too, use to see loads in white when I had that one, but I'm yet to see another shadow blue GTI!
benhowarth6
Bronze Member

Post by benhowarth6 »

Realised I hadn't actually uploaded any pictures of the car since I got her, these aren't great and I'll get some better ones up next time she has a wash but they'll do for now!

This one was taking the day I picked it up.

benhowarth6
Bronze Member

Post by benhowarth6 »

Aaaand so the problems begin,

I've owned the car for around 2 months now and it has started misfiring quite badly recently and at first there wasn't any warning lights etc, so I thought it must just be the spark plugs, bearing in mind the car has only done 9000 miles but I know that the OEM ones can go pretty quickly on these. But then the misfires started getting much more violent with warning lights and limp mode. I checked the fault codes on VCDS and there is a problem with the HPFP (high pressure fuel pump) so I took it to VW to get their opinion and the master technician told me the fuel pump isn't supplying enough fuel to the engine and thats why there is a misfire.

So I said okay but here's where it gets bad, they told me that they will replace the fuel pump, the fuel lines and the fuel rails and possibly the injectors. Having had all the issues with my previous car I wasn't too pleased especially considering this one is only 6 months old! They then said that since the engine is relatively new they can't actually get the parts yet, they are on back order and they will give me a call to let me know when they are in. Having dealt with the service at my local dealer I know that I won't get a call and I will have to chase them up every week, they are useless at communication.

Now the only issue is the car is getting progressively worse, the misfires are happening even lower down in the rev range the previously and lasting much longer, the car jumps about erratically and is not fun to drive anymore.

Anyone have any suggestions?
hornmeister
Bronze Member

Post by hornmeister »

I'm sorry to learn of the continued issues.

To be honest taking the history into account if it was me I'd be asking for a full refund and take my money elsewhere. You just seem to be the unluckiest person in the world. It was not meant to be.
benhowarth6
Bronze Member

Post by benhowarth6 »

hornmeister wrote:I'm sorry to learn of the continued issues.

To be honest taking the history into account if it was me I'd be asking for a full refund and take my money elsewhere. You just seem to be the unluckiest person in the world. It was not meant to be.
I'm starting to think the same thing, its started chucking out white smoke out the back now which I believe is the turbo? Misfires are getting more and more violent and VW can't tell me when they're going to be able to fix it due to the parts being on back order. I'm unsure what to do and I'm not sure if they will be happy to give another refund like they did before. I wouldn't get another 1.4TSI again though thats for sure, I'd probably get something like a 2.0 TSI or TFSI next.
ben4012
Getting There!

Post by ben4012 »

Refuse the car and walk away. It doesn't make any difference if they're happy to refund. The sale of goods act is on your side.
hornmeister
Bronze Member

Post by hornmeister »

ben4012 wrote:Refuse the car and walk away. It doesn't make any difference if they're happy to refund. The sale of goods act is on your side.
Bang on with the history they shouldn't really quibble, take it to VW headquarters if the dealer kicks up a fuss. alternatively if there's a golf GTI in stock that's a year or two old at a similar value then suggest a swap.
benhowarth6
Bronze Member

Post by benhowarth6 »

The thing is I absolutely adore the car, I love how aggressive the little thing is and how its always willing to bite off more than it can chew and still put up a good fight! I got the car back today after spending what seemed like a very long two days in a 1.4 N/A DSG polo, it seems to be running a lot stronger now so I'm guessing the old HPFP was just weak. The only issue now is the car doesn't like starting, takes a few attempts and around 10 seconds to fire up, need to speak to VW about this again but hopefully its not a big issue!
hornmeister
Bronze Member

Post by hornmeister »

I'm completely with you. Love mine and touch wood had no issues. Only done 3700 miles though at its had 1 litre or oil plus a service.

I wish I'd gone for the 5 year warranty but I'm desperate that the R comes out next year so that I can trade it in. The only issue I have with the car is it's too easy to sit there with the wheels spinning, not going anywhere and I think awd will fix that. I'll be wandering back to VW with the car and likely a very large cheque if they do bring it out. :roll:

I hope this starting issue is simple to fix. At the very least I'd be requesting a warranty extension or free breakdown cover. For me in your situation it's the worry or failure that is a prime concern.