Pressed plates

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Connorlee2013
New

Pressed plates

Post by Connorlee2013 »

This has probably been done to death before but are pressed plates legal? Fancy some but not worth it I'm gonna be pulled over all the time! Also, does anyone know what I'd be able to do on my r line style with vag com/vcds? Not sure what cluster it has so could anyone clarify?
Cheers!
nVIR
New

Re: Pressed plates

Post by nVIR »

I have pressed plates on my R Line:

Never been stopped or even questioned (touch wood) - they set the polo off really well.
Steve9413
Getting There!
Drives: Polo BlueGT

Post by Steve9413 »

I do believe that they're not road legal because the Pressed plates Aren't retroreflecting unlike the UK Perspex ones which are.
However i know a lot of people that have them and like nVIR said, he hasn't been stopped before.
When my new car is ready i'm going to get some pressed plates for her.
Connorlee2013
New

Pressed plates

Post by Connorlee2013 »

They do look smart! I've bought some now, couldn't get German style writing cause knowing my luck I would get stopped! Thanks for that.
Anyone know anything about the vcds situation?
nVIR
New

Post by nVIR »

My pressed plates are reflective :)

As for VCDS, I enabled coming home, needle sweep, LED DRL off when indicator active, anti hijack, unlock when key pulled from ignition :)
Connorlee2013
New

Pressed plates

Post by Connorlee2013 »

Do you know what I could enable on my r line style? Because I know you have to have a certain type of cluster or something?
nVIR
New

Post by nVIR »

Should be able to enable anything I have bar the LED DRL stuff.

The cluster is the same on all polos bar the BlueGT and the GTI which have the MFD cluster, which allows you to customise more stuff from the menu. It also contains more information than the standard cluster such as litres until empty and a large MPH readout.

Any of the stuff I've enabled using VCDS should work on any polo (bar the LED DRL stuff (which will work if you have the Xenon kit)).
IZVVC
Bronze Member

Post by IZVVC »

nVIR wrote:My pressed plates are reflective :)

As for VCDS, I enabled coming home, needle sweep, LED DRL off when indicator active, anti hijack, unlock when key pulled from ignition :)
wow how did you manage to enable all of these features, would you be able to upload a picture of your cluster?
Connorlee2013
New

Pressed plates

Post by Connorlee2013 »

Hmmmmm interesting shout! I'm considering getting one now :D
Connorlee2013
New

Pressed plates

Post by Connorlee2013 »

Can anyone recommend a cable that will work that won't cost 350?!
NMavs
Gold Member

Post by NMavs »

Bought my pressed plates from Dubmiester. 100% UK road legal plates. Have the BS kite mark, address & postcode and are reflective.