Polo gti newby - few questions

Chat about your facelift 9n3 Polo - Including the 9N3 Polo GTI!
BenjWilcox07
New

Polo gti newby - few questions

Post by BenjWilcox07 »

Hi guys,
Finally back in the vw world after a few years. Previous project was a stage 2 mk4 golf gti.
I have just picked up a 57 plate candy white 3door polo gti running stage 2. As I am new to the polo world, I was hoping you could help me out with a few questions;

Is the polo like the mk4 golf where it is possible to fit a smaller 'sharan' rear badge?
Does anyone have a picture of a white gti, rear badge black with colour coded white centre?
I have a debadged front grill. What do people use to add a colour stripe as per std grill as the debadged has no holes for the std grill trim?
Is there oem xenon or projector headlights available for this model?
Top mounts sounds like they need changing... Is there updated ones available?

Think that's it for now :-) will be starting a build thread soon. Thanks for the replies in advance!
Samuel434
Getting There!

Re: Polo gti newby - few questions

Post by Samuel434 »

Hey there.

Welcome! Get a pic up so we can have a perv mate.

The red trim for the front grill you can get on eBay. It's like a rubber trim you fit between the grill and bumper. You'll have to cut it to size but I did it on my 6n2 and worked rly well. Can see it on my 6n2 thread. It's only short but you can see the before / afters.

http://www.uk-polos.net/view ... ts#p458728

Check that re lights!

http://www.uk-polos.net/view ... ge#p472011

Check that re the rear badge. If anyone can do it he can tell ya how. I believe you can very carefully separate the silver VW from the backing plate to do your own thing mate.

Top mounts... http://www.uk-polos.net/view ... ts#p468545

Hope that helps you a bit!

Cheers, Sam
BenjWilcox07
New

Post by BenjWilcox07 »

Hi dude,
Thanks for the reply! Regarding the red trim... the stuff you use is what I want but I can only find it from china on ebay!

Regarding the headlights... didnt really want to go down the hid route, was hoping for oem stuff.

Thanks for the other links! And I will get some pics up once I have put my own subtle touches on the car ;-)

Benj
BenjWilcox07
New

Post by BenjWilcox07 »

Hi dude,
Thanks for the reply.

Regarding grill trim... I am struggling to find anything on ebay that isn't from china!

Headlight wise I was hoping there is something oem?

I will get a pic up once I have done a few subtle mods so it's got my stamp on it from the previous owner.

Thanks

Benj
Samuel434
Getting There!

Post by Samuel434 »

Sorry for the late reply man, i'll see if I can a link for you and post that up.

I've not looked into the lights much to be honest, if you search the DIY guide on this forum there is probably someone who has done the xenon upgrade? You'd have to search though I got limited 3G!

Cheers
BenjWilcox07
New

Post by BenjWilcox07 »

Cheers dude that would be great!
Turbomier
Silver Member

Post by Turbomier »

i have my badgeless grill for ages.
back than there weren't any red stripes for sale.
so i clicked off my stock one an used a dremel-tool to modify it, so i could glue it with silicone to the gill.
looks like stock :D