accelerator pedal issues. help.

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo
The_Nasman
New
Drives: 6n2

accelerator pedal issues. help.

Post by The_Nasman »

hey guys, I own a 1.0 6n2 and ive been having some issues with the accelerator pedal, i recently took it to a garage to plug it into the computer and i got the following code "16610 Throttle Pedal Position Sensor (G79) Implausible Signal P0226 Intermittent" sometimes when i'm driving along the car will start to lose throttle response then throw itself into limp mode (EPC light comes on) and it reduces itself of the little power that it already has, and sometimes when i set off it jerks and judders and finally gets up to speed.

has anyone experienced this problem before? ive heard that the pedal set up is different in 1.0 to the 1.4 and the gti, but im not sure.

by any chance is this the part that i need?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-AUDI-SEAT- ... 2592a1cfc6

thanks in advance
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Re: accelerator pedal issues. help.

Post by alexperkins »

Yes thats the part, but get this one

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Audi- ... 258b26ba01

New is much better
The_Nasman
New
Drives: 6n2

Re: accelerator pedal issues. help.

Post by The_Nasman »

so since my last post, i have purchased 2 pedal position sensors (1 with the wrong part number, which had to be sent back) and the new one thats on the car. but unfortunetly the problem presists, i still have my EPC light coming on from time to time (limp mode) and i also still have the same code as before.

i have been told that this could be a fault from the brake light switch, or my throttle body, BUT i have done a test on the throttle body through the computer and ive had no faults.

does anyone know what the problem could be? surley if it was the brake light switch or the throttle body i would get different codes?