Passenger Window Issue

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
pete105
New

Passenger Window Issue

Post by pete105 »

Hello all,

I've been searching on this and other forums for the answer to my question, but I can only find people with similar (but not the same) issue.

Basically the passenger electric window in our 2006 Polo stopped working (both switches don't work/no noise from the motor), so having read of this being quite a common issue I took the door card off to have a look. Having disconnected and reconnected the connectors and switch, it suddenly starting working again. Despite this I also checked the wires going through the plastic rubber in the door as I'd also heard this was a common problem but I couldn't see any obvious breaks. Great!

Thinking it was a loose connection on the switch or connector in the door, I put everything back to together and it continued to work as normal. However having left it for about 10 minutes, it stopped working again. At this point I took the door card off again and repeated the same process, and to cut a long story short, I can't get the window to stay in a working condition.

I'm not sure if it's a connection\wiring issue as I can disconnect then reconnect everything, but it only works for a matter of minutes packing up again. I don't really want to replace the whole window regulator if I can get away with it. Could this just be the motor and if so, can this be replaced without replacing the whole regulator?

Does anyone have any clue what might be wrong? Any help or advice would be appreciated before I take it to a garage.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers,

Pete.
Esgobion
New
Drives: Polo 1.4 petrol 80

Re: Passenger Window Issue

Post by Esgobion »

I know this is a long time ago but did you ever get this sorted?

If yes what was the issue as I find myself in exactly the same position
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Re: Passenger Window Issue

Post by RUM4MO »

Esgobion wrote:I know this is a long time ago but did you ever get this sorted?

If yes what was the issue as I find myself in exactly the same position
I'd reckon that "he" has gone, one post in 11 months, does not look too good!