Polo 6C GTI/R-Line/R

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
nVIR
New

Polo 6C GTI/R-Line/R

Post by nVIR »

Hey guys,

Anyone got any idea when these are gonna be released? Instinct tells me we should see them at the Paris Motor Show on the 2nd of October with first orders being taken in Late Dec/Early January. I'm wondering as I'm tempted to change my R Line to an R when it comes out :)

Cheers,
Phil
Tooks
Bronze Member
Drives: 2011 Polo GTI

Re: Polo 6C GTI/R-Line/R

Post by Tooks »

I've no idea, but I'd have thought they'd announce the facelift GTI before any AWD R?

Can't see VW wanting the R to eclipse the new GTI, so my guess is GTI announced soonish with orders taken for delivery spring next year, and R to follow...
hornmeister
Bronze Member

Post by hornmeister »

We have seen an R 4WD protoype though. Has there been a GTI? I've missed it if there has.
I think there's still a question mark over which engine the GTI is going to have. Varying reports of a revised 1.4TSI to a 1.8T.

Personally I think deviating from a small genning is a bad idea. They know what caused the oil consumption issues so should be able to fix it. Making it a 1.8 will impact tax & insurance.
Mart!n-GTI-DK
Platinum Member
Drives: '14 Polo BlueGT

Post by Mart!n-GTI-DK »

The faceliftet GTI has not been shown yet. It will go on sale summer 2015.
Tooks
Bronze Member

Post by Tooks »

Good points you make hornmeister, although the GTI isn't all new I guess, just an evolution of the existing one in line with the facelift? I can't see them coming out with anything significantly different until there's a brand new polo model/platform. That's what they do with the Golf etc?

I think the engine will be a tweaked 1.4, with some changes to address the issues some engines had.

I think the R is not far off, given the prototype that has been spotted out and about, but I think the timing of any launch will be more of a marketing thing than anything else.

I'm just speculating though!
Tooks
Bronze Member

Post by Tooks »

Mart!n-GTI-DK wrote:The faceliftet GTI has not been shown yet. It will go on sale summer 2015.
If the new GTI is that far away, then maybe there is space to launch the AWD R version?
hornmeister
Bronze Member

Post by hornmeister »

Tooks wrote:
Mart!n-GTI-DK wrote:The faceliftet GTI has not been shown yet. It will go on sale summer 2015.
If the new GTI is that far away, then maybe there is space to launch the AWD R version?
I'm crossing everything and I've now put my back out.