Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
YamiPrem
New
Drives: POLO 6R

Headlight bulbs

Post by YamiPrem »

Hello all,

I'm a newbie at all things car-modding.

Since the Polo always has it's headlights on (VW call that acceptable DRL...), I might as well make it look nice. I have the yellow boring halogen (I'm assuming) bulbs. Can I make it look much nicer? I doubt LEDs will work, right? How about Xenon (IDK what they are really... just something I read)? What works? And I understand there are many versions of the headlight unit, and each has their own removal method, but what's the difference and how do I know which is mines, so I know which bulbs will fit?

Thanks in advance. As proven, I really know little about bulbs and all. I just replaced my number plate lights to LED and the sun-shade lights to LED, thanks to Halfords. :D

EDIT: Bought some MTEC H7s after reading around here some more. I'm after white looking light, and not that bothered about visibility as I don't drive outside town where there's no street-light on road.
Last edited by YamiPrem on Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
YamiPrem
New
Drives: POLO 6R

Post by YamiPrem »

No one want to point a newbie at the riggt direction? :(

I saw super bright bulbs in Halfords but IDK if that's best. I heard things about night breakers or something.
Little Jonny
Getting There!

Headlight bulbs

Post by Little Jonny »

I installed osram night breakers and wasn't impressed I eventually went with some Phillips ultra xenon blue lights. Don't worry they are not blue at all and quite a bit whiter have a look at them dude.
I tried installing led sidelights and hated them. They are obvoously very white but you could hardly see them. In the daytime they were practically invisible and at night they were swamped by the headlight. The Phillips bulbs also came with a set of sidelights and they compliment each other well I'll see if I can find a link for you I bought them from Amazon
chrispy.
Gold Member

Headlight bulbs

Post by chrispy. »

I had the same issue
The osram nightbreakers are good for distance covered..
However in my eyes, they just aren't white enough

I had the MTEC's but found they would blow easily
I have since got myself some Ultra Power Bulbs from ebay
5000K, amazing coverage, lasted really well.. And are only £7 a pair on ebay :)

Cant go wrong
nry
Bronze Member

Re: Headlight bulbs

Post by nry »

MTECs are cheap and dangerous, my 2014 BlueGT has really white headlamp bulbs but the DRLs are naff orange ones, strange.
Little Jonny
Getting There!

Headlight bulbs

Post by Little Jonny »

Philips 0730220 12972-BVUSM H7 Blue Vision 100% Headlight Bulbs (A Pair) by Philips http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00440CWE4/r ... dub10TPBD6