Just got a GT

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
slowmotion
New

Just got a GT

Post by slowmotion »

hey just picked up a 5 door 9n GT and im needing to get some bits sorted on it.
mainly the front arches they are both bubbling and peeling this seems to be very common across all the cars made at this time golf passat etc has anyone successfully claimed against vw for this on a polo.

also tires whats everyone recommend as its on an exotic mix of mohawak, nexen and arrowspeed at the moment!

any decent little things to do to it to make it a bit better?

cheers
JackM1479
New
Drives: 2003 9N 1.2

Re: Just got a GT

Post by JackM1479 »

When it comes to the arches I think it's just your luck on whether they're effected or not, I've had no problems with mine.

As for the tire cocktail; 4 tires that are the same would be a good start. As for brands etc. it really depends on what you're willing to spend, they're are may websites which you can type your reg in and (assuming you're on the stock wheels) they'll give you a range of tires that will fit. I've currently got 4 Continental tires but I have bigger and wider alloys than the stock model so I can't really comment.

If you're looking to do some small mods or whatever have a look at the 9n guide here: http://www.uk-polos.net/viewtopic.php?t=2248
Virrminator
New
Drives: 9n 1.2 TWIST

Post by Virrminator »

I just got mine a full set of rubber, went for 'AVON ZV5' as they are mid range and a decent price, got them for 60ea on size 205/45/16.
They feel like a magnet to the road! But if you have abit more money to spend try continentals as I had those before this set and got 20k out of the fronts with tread to spare!
Hope this helps a little lol :)
slowmotion
New

Post by slowmotion »

i had conti rainsport 3's on my 6n2 gti they seemed alright in the 1k i did on them before selling the car and the 6r bluemotion is wearing nokian winter at the moment

i was tempted by all seasons but there doesnt seem to be more than 1 type in the size it wears as standard

eagle f1 asymetric 2's for 63 isnt bad will need to check on what load is required 83 or 87

tracking needs sorting first as im sure both wheels are trying to go in different directions !