1.4TSI 2015 DTUK Tuning Box

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
rsmagee
Silver Member
Drives: BlueGT (6C)

1.4TSI 2015 DTUK Tuning Box

Post by rsmagee »

Hi guys, will do a full review of this thing soon, but here is a teaser pic. Was given this to try a little early, but know have permission from Andrew at DTUK to show off.

It gives the car a big kick in 2nd, 3rd and 4th gear, with more pull in 5th and 6th as well. I have it combined with a pedal box, and it offers a feel rather like my old MKv Golf GTi without a remap.
Mayhem
Silver Member
Drives: 2010 polo 1.2 tsi

Re: 1.4TSI 2015 DTUK Tuning Box

Post by Mayhem »

Deffo going to be my early birthday present. Bet it works really well having both boxes. Any idea if Andrew is planning to come on the site? Do discounts for all us lovely people? I believe the vauxhall groups get special rates
rsmagee
Silver Member

Post by rsmagee »

Mayhem wrote:Deffo going to be my early birthday present. Bet it works really well having both boxes. Any idea if Andrew is planning to come on the site? Do discounts for all us lovely people? I believe the vauxhall groups get special rates
Ring them direct, mention you saw this thread, sure he can sort something for you. TBH if you live chat on there website right now you will probably get an response right away. They don't seem to ever switch off!
TheFrog
Silver Member
Drives: 2015 Blue GT

Post by TheFrog »

Could you explain what the difference is between this and the pedal box, what happens if you only fit one, why don't they offer a single unit that does everything, etc? In other words, what should I buy?
Mayhem
Silver Member

Post by Mayhem »

I did ask but with the pedal box and tuning box being on that combo deal it wasnt open for extra discount. Tbh they are decent enough price but always worth a shot. Was eyeing up the Racechip and TMC versions but dont want to pay that much when not UK based in case of issues. Plus the DTuk seem pretty big on the vauxhall forums. I know TMC are big on Briskoda but at the same price think DTuk is one to opt for
Mayhem
Silver Member

Post by Mayhem »

Pedal box doesnt give extra power just makes throttle response quicker/ more responsive so feels quicker
Jamwllms
New
Drives: Polo 6C BlueGT

Post by Jamwllms »

Would be interested to see just how easy it is to install. It seems easy enough. :P
rsmagee
Silver Member

Post by rsmagee »

Pedal box affects the pedal, FSR affects the turbo. There cant be a combo box as they need to be attached to the correct sensors. FSR is in the engine bay, pedalbox directly to the pedal.

Pedal box takes 30 secs to install. You remove the plug from the top of the throttle, put the box in between and your done.

The FSR requires removing the airbox which can be fiddly. Takes me 5 mins now I am used to it.
TheFrog
Silver Member

Post by TheFrog »

rsmagee wrote:Pedal box affects the pedal, FSR affects the turbo. There cant be a combo box as they need to be attached to the correct sensors. FSR is in the engine bay, pedalbox directly to the pedal.

Pedal box takes 30 secs to install. You remove the plug from the top of the throttle, put the box in between and your done.

The FSR requires removing the airbox which can be fiddly. Takes me 5 mins now I am used to it.
OK, thanks for clearing that up. I am thinking that the pedal box on its own might be enough - at least to start with?? Then I could add the FSR once the engine has been run in, or out of warranty. What do you think? Is the FSR really worth it?
Mayhem
Silver Member

Post by Mayhem »

The pedal box if i understand right just allows you access to the power of the car quicker. So the car is more responsive when you press the accelerator. So if your happy with the power your car has but just want to get that power going quicker then go for the pedal box. If you want your car to have more power overall go for tuning box. I want both so im going to have to dig deep into my pockets.
Mayhem
Silver Member

Post by Mayhem »

I suppose its down to how much power the FSR gives extra. you will notice say an extra 30bhp but not less than 10bhp for example. So worth it on cars like the tsi models but if it was a NA car and not turbo for exampe you wouldnt feel any difference i doubt and would be a waste of cash.
rsmagee
Silver Member

Post by rsmagee »

Keeping it, car was dull without!
Last edited by rsmagee on Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
auds2
New
Drives: Golf Mk4

Post by auds2 »

Hi Guys.

I can officially confirm that as forum members on uk-polos.net you will receive an additional discount on FSR systems for your TSI engines.
rsmagee
Silver Member

Post by rsmagee »

That's great news. I really would recommend it for the 1.4 tsi
TheFrog
Silver Member

Post by TheFrog »

Mine just arrived 8)