ciclo's Polo. R-line 1.2 TSI 90hp 119gr.

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
ciclo
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 6R'13/G7.5'19

Re: ciclo's Polo. R-line 1.2 TSI 90hp 119gr.

Post by ciclo »

Ok, I tried to read in the Dutch forum, but did not understand anything with google translate from the Dutch language. :)
sambir
New
Drives: Polo 6R GTD (140HP 300NM)

Post by sambir »

I just want the leds to work at full power when the switch is at 0. currently it works dimmed in all cases...
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

sambir, the problem is that you have configured the Byte12 BCM for parking lights works all the time (0,1,2 light switch) Terminal 15 ON, Scandinavian mode (so named for some time).

This is not authentic DRL, it is permanent parking lights (front and rear).
Thus, DRL, NEVER will work on full brightness. (even with xenon from factory)

The only way to try to run the DRL at full brightness (BCM 087 and...) is as I said to you earlier.

The second problem is that I'm tired of explaining the same thing many times.
Until someone do what I say "and publish the results" (always), we will never know if DRL with BCM 087 (xenon retrofitted without leveling and cleaning systems) will work with FULL brightness.

People ask a lot but then does nothing. :evil: :lol: Still waiting many results of much help I provided.

...and please, attempting tell the reality of things to avoid any confusion to others (I don't mean for you, is generally)...also tell me myself :mrgreen:
sambir
New

Post by sambir »

Thanks for your reply ciclo. I really appreciatie it. No I am desperate to make it work. I will post the results for sure.

Scandinavian mode is off and drl in the bumper is controlled by tfl pin i also disabled that. But the drl in the headlight still work

Some friends at mypolo said that their leds started working at full brightness when scandinavian mode was disabled. The strange thing is that it was already disabled in my bcm (terminal 15 ON). I enabled it to see what would happen and my taillights went on, nothing more nothing less.

So i disabled it again. But in byte 13 I have other stuff enabled maybe that is controlling the leds. But playing around in this byte would only result in enabling and disabling the leds i guess.

The only possibility that I am left with is to try your possible solution in the previous posts.

I added the screenshot of byte 13

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

Forgets Byte13, nothing to do.
Everything you say is correct, but your friends have BCM 088,089 or 090.

I repeat that your BCM 087 can not control the DRL. Your original DRL (bumper) are through fuse, not through BCM.

Your problem lies with harness 10-14, the electric power for parking lights (sidelights) and DRL comes from the same wire, this is the real problem that you have.

These harnesses are not well made and the solutions are to avoid having to add other electrical installations, but this way the DRL not work correctly in all Polo with different BCM.

Image :lol:
sambir
New

Post by sambir »

Ciclo many thanks...I will discuss this. Maybe its better to upgrade the bcm but then i will need to reroute the drl to the bcm i guess. But a new bcm just for more brightness in the leds...hmm i will think about it.

Your other option with rewiring to pin 14. Was this just to let the leds work or does this also give the possibility that the brightness issue could be fixed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
iichel
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Post by iichel »

ciclo wrote:
iichel wrote:As promised:
Excellent! 8)

You have done many good mods on your Polo. Authentic R-line (only lack a few details).
Still have to install the light sensor and then contact me, I have a surprise for you. Remember it.
Thanks for sharing the pic. Image
Yes I know haha, still have to install the sensor... wiring is already in place but still have to find the courage to sand the windscreen :p
It will never be a full R-Line since I fell in love with the GTI rear bumper.

I still have one issue left, an error light.
It is accompanied by a VCDS notive:

Saturday,21,February,2015,17:55:14:65217
VCDS -- Windows Based VAG/VAS Emulator
VCDS Version: 12.12.0.0
Data version: 20130910

VIN: WVWZZZ6RZBY225654 License Plate:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Address 09: Cent. Elect. Labels: 6R0-937-08x-09.clb
Control Module Part Number: 6R0 937 088 D HW: 6R0 937 088
Component and/or Version: BCM PQ25 Re4 H46 0322
Software Coding: 3CB02BB808210000002809F07F2B9CD9DF80673F7EA61001A00000000000
Work Shop Code: WSC 00788 648 00255
VCID: 3F875BBCAE837DE6AD9-806A
1 Fault Found:

03432 - Activation of Right Parking Light
007 - Short to Ground - Intermittent
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00100111
Fault Priority: 2
Fault Frequency: 34
Reset counter: 191
Mileage: 115333 km
Time Indication: 0
Date: 2025.14.04
Time: 17:50:23

However, the parking light seems to be perfectly fine. Swapping the adapters left/right makes no difference.
saty
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo 6r 1.6tdi

Post by saty »

Love the work you've done on your car, must be the biggest specced polo in the world now
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

iichel wrote: Yes I know haha, still have to install the sensor... wiring is already in place but still have to find the courage to sand the windscreen :p

Difficult solution. Try swapping bulbs of tail lights, delete DTCs with VCDS. Luck :) . Tell us the results.
With the changes in the electrical installation (xenon headlights, adapters harness, codings VCDS, etc... ) is possible to damage the rear bulb.
The parking lights on each side in your Polo Bluemotion share the electric wire.

For the windshield mirror you can outsource this job, there are very good experts on these issues in companies for windshield replacement. Ask for price and go for it, worth it, is possible get many improvements:

- Dimming mirror.
- Automatic wiper. +
- Automatic lights. +
iichel

Post by iichel »

ciclo wrote:
iichel wrote: Yes I know haha, still have to install the sensor... wiring is already in place but still have to find the courage to sand the windscreen :p

Difficult solution. Try swapping bulbs of tail lights, delete DTCs with VCDS. Luck :) . Tell us the results.
With the changes in the electrical installation (xenon headlights, adapters harness, codings VCDS, etc... ) is possible to damage the rear bulb.
The parking lights on each side in your Polo Bluemotion share the electric wire.

For the windshield mirror you can outsource this job, there are very good experts on these issues in companies for windshield replacement. Ask for price and go for it, worth it, is possible get many improvements:

- Dimming mirror.
- Automatic wiper. +
- Automatic lights. +
Problem appears to be reproducable.
Engine running, any power demanding option creates this error (heated window, airco, power steering). Strange.
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

saty wrote:Love the work you've done on your car, must be the biggest specced polo in the world now
Thanks saty, it is a work done gradually for three years.
The best thing or the worst thing is yet to come ... Image
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

iichel wrote:Problem appears to be reproducable.
Engine running, any power demanding option creates this error (heated window, airco, power steering). Strange.
How many years/km is the battery?
iichel

Post by iichel »

ciclo wrote:
iichel wrote:Problem appears to be reproducable.
How many years/km is the battery?
Its the original battery, 113.000km from 04/2011. Voltage is pretty ok (12.65V) and charge is well over 14V

And, especially for you:

One R-Line grill badge haha
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

Excellent iichel! (those little details) ... thanks for the pic . :D (you have a PM)

By the other hand, it is quite clear that the problem of the bulb is a matter of voltage.
You had this problem before changing the encoding of the BCM?
iichel

Post by iichel »

ciclo wrote:Excellent iichel! (those little details) ... thanks for the pic . :D (you have a PM)

By the other hand, it is quite clear that the problem of the bulb is a matter of voltage.
You had this problem before changing the encoding of the BCM?
No, the problem is new after the BCM changes. Maybe the voltage problem has already been there but only now shows up because the OEM LED is more sensitive.
I'll try to solder a parallel condensor to the parking lights wiring. Maybe it helps.