New GTI

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
lancslad1985
Gold Member
Drives: 2020 polo gti plus

Re: New GTI

Post by lancslad1985 »

So what colour is everyone getting? I've seen lots of red and black ones but yet to see a Blue Silk or Silver GTI
Steigerz
New
Drives: Polo GTi

Post by Steigerz »

lancslad1985 wrote:So what colour is everyone getting? I've seen lots of red and black ones but yet to see a Blue Silk or Silver GTI
White of course :)

Got a call this morning that my car is delayed at port.

My Spec:
4 Door DSG
White
Vision and lights package
Park Package
Luxury Package
Comfort Package
R package

This is the R package on the new 6C

As far as I know this is only done in Germany, Spain and South Africa.

Waiting for VW South Africa to give me clarity on what the R package includes. Will keep you guys updated.
Last edited by Steigerz on Thu May 21, 2015 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
skipster
Silver Member
Drives: 2010 GTI

Post by skipster »

I can't see the Blue Silk being too popular a choice for the GTI. It seems to suit the GT, but unless I see one in the metal to make a better judgement. It would not be at the top of my colour choice.
Nobziller
New
Drives: Polo GTI 2015

Post by Nobziller »

I did order mine in blue silk but cancelled after waiting so long
Dink
Platinum Member
Drives: 2015 GTI

Post by Dink »

I should be picking mine up on Tuesday.
Shark00n
Bronze Member
Drives: GTI 6C

Post by Shark00n »

When did you order Dink? Mine's soming up close to tuesday to. I ordered Feb 26th

BTW, anyone noticed that ABT already has stuff for the new GTI?
Some wheels, carpets, rear spoiler and engine remap chip.
This last one promises 230HP and 360nm! And the dyno runs look lovely - http://www.abt-configurator.com/docserv ... A_HS_E.pdf

What's your opinion on chip-tuning? I never tried it but I think ABT is a pretty experienced shop.

Check it here - http://www.abt-configurator.com/en/VW/P ... 4/18TSI192
Dink
Platinum Member

Post by Dink »

I ordered mine on the 28th of Jan.

Tbh even one of the other salesman in the dealer thought I'd done well to get it this soon.
daveb73
Getting There!
Drives: Polo GTI 6R 5 Door

Post by daveb73 »

servicepoint wrote:Evo didn't half rip it to bits, iirc only the interior got pass marks. Strange really as everyone else had a positive review on it.
Ford have always made great handling fast hot-hatches, quality wise though they don't come close to VW. I'd argue the Polo GTI is for a different customer than the Fiesta ST. Sure, if you want a small, fast hatch that corners like a race car then the ST is a top choice, but if you're after a classy, well built, refined and practical fast hatch you can't go too far wrong with a Polo, plus they seem a lot less common and a bit more exclusive ;)
servicepoint
New
Drives: Polo GTI

Post by servicepoint »

Anyone thought of winter tyres for their Gti?
Really rate them and not only does it keep your summer alloys good you get the benefit of not having to replace the summer tyres so often. Think I be purchasing a set of tyres/wheels for the wifes Gti in the next couple of months.

Anyone already with a GTi know the required size (should be in the handbook). :?: 8)
boj27
New
Drives: polo gti 6r 2012

Post by boj27 »

I really wish they'd put in LED taillights, it's the only thing missing :( maybe the Pro nav system and the dynaudio option too :(
daydotz
Silver Member

Post by daydotz »

boj27 wrote:I really wish they'd put in LED taillights, it's the only thing missing :( maybe the Pro nav system and the dynaudio option too :(
& keyless entry I'd buy one [emoji1]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
boj27
New
Drives: polo gti 6r 2012

Post by boj27 »

But then where would be the money on the GTD/GTI/R range! the profits would go down! Probably either going to be rear lights added in the future like a mid term facelift without releasing a new model entirely. I don't see the nav pro, keyless and dynaudio ever making the cut though! Haha
Shark00n
Bronze Member
Drives: GTI 6C

Post by Shark00n »

I think the tail lights are already LED. They just don't look like it.

Does anyone know if there's a way to permanently disable the Start&Stop system?
I was loking at the prices of batteries compatible with the system and nearly had a heart attack. 300€ when regular car batteries are around 70€.
Any fuel you save goes out the window.
JohnPolo
Silver Member
Drives: 2015 Polo GTI

Post by JohnPolo »

Shark00n wrote:I think the tail lights are already LED. They just don't look like it.

Does anyone know if there's a way to permanently disable the Start&Stop system?
I was loking at the prices of batteries compatible with the system and nearly had a heart attack. 300€ when regular car batteries are around 70€.
Any fuel you save goes out the window.

While the number plate light is LED unfortunately the tail lights aren't. Got a friend to press the brake pedal and the reaction time of the lights didn't suggest LED.
Full LED's at the front apart from the indicator light, standard bulb. Why do they do that , seems crazy. I won't dump the car just for that but it's a shame.

Start stop can be deactivated via the button on the dash , other than that for something more permanent I'm sure someone will have the answer.
Dink
Platinum Member

Post by Dink »

It does seem a bit backwards the the headlights are LED but the rears are filament lamps.

it would only take a couple of hours to knock up the rears :roll: