Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Franklinavfc888
New
Drives: Skoda citigo sport

Re: New GTI

Post by Franklinavfc888 »

Gaz W wrote:
Franklinavfc888 wrote:
I also got my car though drive the deal so don't think that's the case. Is your dealer up north or down south?
My dealer is in the north, Inchcape in Wirral.
Same as me mate. Seems strange. Unless it's right about them having a certain allocation and then they can't order anymore for some time?
Gti20156r
New
Drives: Gti

Post by Gti20156r »

Bobby1873 wrote:I just ordered my GTI last week from Arnold Clark VW, Glasgow. I have an estimated delivery on the 7th of August, I take it this will be far off!

Can't wait to get the car. I've been reading this thread and the GTI looks great!

Cheers
I considered going through Arnold Clark when I ordered mine. That's a quick delivery date, what spec did you go for? I'm assuming they basically already have that spec on order as a bulk buy to give you such a quick delivery estimate?
Wolfi
Bronze Member
Drives: 2015 6C GTI

Post by Wolfi »

Mine has been built and is in transit!! Ordered halfway through May and scheduled build week was 29th June and it's already on the way. For the first time, VW appeared to have built a car on time!
Bobby1873
New
Drives: Polo GTI

Post by Bobby1873 »

Gti20156r wrote:
Bobby1873 wrote:I just ordered my GTI last week from Arnold Clark VW, Glasgow. I have an estimated delivery on the 7th of August, I take it this will be far off!

Can't wait to get the car. I've been reading this thread and the GTI looks great!

Cheers
I considered going through Arnold Clark when I ordered mine. That's a quick delivery date, what spec did you go for? I'm assuming they basically already have that spec on order as a bulk buy to give you such a quick delivery estimate?
Yeah, the guy in the showrooom told me end of august to early September. Im not sure if its because they are the UK's biggest car dealer if they get priority. Who knows how the system works! I got a GTI Flat Black with Sports pack, Parking pack and Climate Control. What is interesting though is in Arnold Clark's pre contract agreement they gave me. It says that if i don't get my car within 30days of their estimate i have the right to cancel. Hopefully i won't need to but it could be a good bargaining tool if they fail to meet their date. Either way can't wait! One thing the salesman did say was that they had normal polos on order which they could edit before a certain date. Fingers crossed! What did you order?
shambawangy
New
Drives: Golf Mk6 1.4 TSI

Post by shambawangy »

Can I be boring and ask what MPG figures you are getting on your new GTI's?

I drive quite a lot, 15k+ miles per year, and am trying to talk myself into buying a Polo Gti instead of a used Golf GTD
daydotz
Silver Member

Post by daydotz »

Can I ask what sort of miles your getting to a tank
Gaz W
New
Drives: GTI

Post by Gaz W »

Wolfi wrote:Mine has been built and is in transit!! Ordered halfway through May and scheduled build week was 29th June and it's already on the way. For the first time, VW appeared to have built a car on time!
Annoying! Ordered mine over a month before this and still haven't got a confirmed build week!

Seems ridiculous the variation in build times for these!
Penarth Blues
Bronze Member
Drives: 2015 Polo GTI 5 door Black M6

Post by Penarth Blues »

shambawangy wrote:Can I be boring and ask what MPG figures you are getting on your new GTI's?

I drive quite a lot, 15k+ miles per year, and am trying to talk myself into buying a Polo Gti instead of a used Golf GTD
Driving sensibly on the M-way i.e. about 70 and not accelerating unnecessarily, my wife is now getting about 47 mpg after 800 ish miles. This is up from about 43 around the 200 mile mark.

Being realistic, I reckon mid-40's is easily achievable when you want to be economic. mid-30's if not. Around town I can get 38 if I really concentrate but about 30 mpg is realistic. The car will be up to water operating temperature in around half a mile which is really impressive, and the start-stop works faultlessly.
Last edited by Penarth Blues on Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shark00n
Bronze Member
Drives: GTI 6C

Post by Shark00n »

daydotz wrote:Can I ask what sort of miles your getting to a tank
I'm averaging 450km per tank (about 280~300miles)
50/50 split city driving and highway.
Dink
Platinum Member
Drives: 2015 GTI

Post by Dink »

i think my sound "booster" is fooked

it's rattling like a blown speaker lol
Shark00n
Bronze Member
Drives: GTI 6C

Post by Shark00n »

Glad I dont have those fancy shmancy gadgets :P

Maybe it's a feature :mrgreen:

Can you video it? I'm curious to see how it works/sounds
Wolfi
Bronze Member
Drives: 2015 6C GTI

Post by Wolfi »

Gaz W wrote:
Wolfi wrote:Mine has been built and is in transit!! Ordered halfway through May and scheduled build week was 29th June and it's already on the way. For the first time, VW appeared to have built a car on time!
Annoying! Ordered mine over a month before this and still haven't got a confirmed build week!

Seems ridiculous the variation in build times for these!
Yes it is weird. What options have you specced yours with? The more options, the longer it usually takes to be built.
Luckily for me, Leicester VW already had a Polo GTI for themsleves on order to sell as stock and was already in the system - all I did was to have the colour changed and to confirm it!
So I had the best of both worlds as I haven't specced any options (apart from white) and the car was due to be built at some point anyway - hence why it is on schedule!
shambawangy
New
Drives: Golf Mk6 1.4 TSI

Post by shambawangy »

Penarth Blues wrote:
shambawangy wrote:Can I be boring and ask what MPG figures you are getting on your new GTI's?

Driving sensibly on the M-way i.e. about 70 and not accelerating unnecessarily, my wife is now getting about 47 mpg after 800 ish miles. This is up from about 43 around the 200 mile mark.

Being realistic, I reckon mid-40's is easily achievable when you want to be economic. mid-30's if not. Around town I can get 38 if I really concentrate but about 30 mpg is realistic. The car will be up to water operating temperature in around half a mile which is really impressive, and the start-stop works faultlessly.
Thanks, that seems similar to my current 1.4 TSI, probably even a little bit better
Penarth Blues
Bronze Member
Drives: 2015 Polo GTI 5 door Black M6

Post by Penarth Blues »

Dink wrote:i think my sound "booster" is fooked

it's rattling like a blown speaker lol
Make sure it's not just amplifying your engine! You sure you haven't been 'too' enthusiastic with it? :D
Norfolk Boy
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo Gti

Post by Norfolk Boy »

My Gti is ordered and due to go into build phase later this month. Delivery in September apparently but reading the posts here, who knows! Ordered in red with 5 doors, manual plus convenience and parking pack. Originally looking at the ST which I took for a test drive. Very good (great acceleration and corners on rails) but bumpy at low speeds plus ruled out by the other half anyway for being too chavvy for a 50 year old. Also 5 mins into the test drive some person in his blinged up God knows what wanted to take me on.

Didn't go for the sport button so hope the standard setting will be good (I have ordered without a test drive which is a first for me). Just didn't like the idea of fake exhaust noise! Had a mark 2 Golf Gti in my youth so interesting to see how it compares.

So now for the long wait!

Norfolk Boy