New GTI

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Tomos
Getting There!
Drives: GTI 6R

Re: New GTI

Post by Tomos »

Perfect thanks mate - I feel like a bit of a numpty now - haha! Yes, headlining is all black, the whole interior is black except for the red stitching on the steering wheel, red piping on the mats and of course the tartan seats but mostly black!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tomos
Getting There!

Post by Tomos »

DelB wrote:
Tomos wrote:Ive bought x2 gti ones and want to fit them so removing the black ones and fitting the chrome GTI ones?

Where would I get hold of these, please? :)

Try here DelB. I bought mine off ebay, looks like the same seller!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/321895097969

rm55mcc
Silver Member
Drives: Polo 1.4

Post by rm55mcc »

DelB wrote:
Tomos wrote:Ive bought x2 gti ones and want to fit them so removing the black ones and fitting the chrome GTI ones?

eBay mate
DelB
Getting There!
Drives: 65 plate Polo GTI

Post by DelB »

Tomos wrote:
DelB wrote:

Try here DelB. I bought mine off ebay, looks like the same seller!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/321895097969

You're a gentleman - thanks. :)
DelB
Getting There!

Post by DelB »

rm55mcc wrote:
DelB wrote:

eBay mate
Cheers mate.
Tomos
Getting There!

Post by Tomos »

I'll attempt it in a minute and ill post a picture of the finished article once done!

DelB
Getting There!

Post by DelB »

Tomos wrote:I'll attempt it in a minute and ill post a picture of the finished article once done!

I've just ordered two of them. Thanks again.
polocks
New
Drives: GTI

Post by polocks »

Vex wrote:
Deejbb wrote:
polocks wrote:[img]http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/10/17/00d1133f7474ca12a6cfb097b9a4c593.jpg[/img] fitted today

Where did you source that? What do you think of it?
I would also like to know where it was sourced.. Can seem to find this intake for the new 1.8L variant. Did you just retrofit one to suit the car ?
From a shop called demon tweaks, it was £130 on offer, plus a £10 bit of silicon hose so it was a direct fit onto the oem pipe work and also pushes the filter closer the air feed in the grill

If you want links send me a message when im home ill dig it up

Andy4791
Silver Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2015

Post by Andy4791 »

Looking smart m8, also great scenery.
Tomos wrote:Image

Picked mine up from the dealership today and I have to say - blown away! I had a 100 mile drive back home and it was a joy to drive.

I've been fortunate to own the 1.4 GTI previous to this one and i can honestly say that in my opinion - it's better than it in everyway. I loved my previous GTI don't get me wrong but this one blows it away. I did have my doubts this morning when driving my DSG if i was doing the right descision in swapping for a manual but its such a lovley gearbox, with the clutch lovley and light - there was defiantly no need for concern. Strong engine, pulling in every gear and constantly wants to go. Interior, a great place to be very tasteful and superb quality.

I ordered mine with the following
- Nav
- Convenience Pack
- Cruise & Park Pack

I managed 37mpg on my way back which i thought was pretty respectfull for a new engine and combination of Dual Carriageways and A roads.

Mine also has a squeek when braking some times but as Andy mentioned, this dissapears after a while so no need for concern hopefully .

Andy4791
Silver Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2015

Post by Andy4791 »

I seem to have a slight creaking sound from drivers door. Hear it at low speed as body flexes. Been on few forums any many say this is caused by the seals around doors especially the one at top with velvet like finish as it moves against the frame. Gummi Pflege is recommended to put on the seals and is very good at curing the problem so people say. Ordered some off eBay .
m0rrthal
Getting There!
Drives: 2015 VW Polo 6C GTI

Post by m0rrthal »

Okay, so finally tomorrow I'm picking up my Blue Silk GTI. I have already seen it and the colour is just so perfect, photos don't capture it!
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

m0rrthal wrote:Okay, so finally tomorrow I'm picking up my Blue Silk GTI. I have already seen it and the colour is just so perfect, photos don't capture it!
Congratulations! I took the plunge and ordered a Blue Silk GTI this week. Agree, very few photos do the colour justice. Spec of my car is;

5 door manual
Convenience pack
Parking pack
Sport performance kit
Climate control
Serron alloys

The dealer has indicated a March delivery. Let the long wait begin...............
j0rd4n500
New
Drives: 1.2 match edition, polo 6c gti

Post by j0rd4n500 »

Cars moved to IN TRANSIT :shock: :D :P Can't wait. I'll tweet VW next week to see if I can get a ship name etc :).
samb1992
New
Drives: Polo GTI

Post by samb1992 »

Soo just spoke to my dealer car has arrived picking it up next friday (30th) im from essex but use a dealer in Exeter so got a long day out to go pick it up ! buzzing
Quicksilver
Getting There!
Drives: 2016 Polo GTi DSG

Post by Quicksilver »

m0rrthal wrote:Okay, so finally tomorrow I'm picking up my Blue Silk GTI. I have already seen it and the colour is just so perfect, photos don't capture it!
Today is THE day! Have a great time! Looking forward to seeing your photos. I have also ordered a blue silk.