New GTI

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
m0rrthal
Getting There!
Drives: 2015 VW Polo 6C GTI

Re: New GTI

Post by m0rrthal »

Andy4791 wrote:Couple of pics of 2 small purchases off ebay, dust caps and a jelly key case as my let's swing from my belt all day ay work an get knocked.
Bought the key case too, I hope it's good quality :)
Andy4791
Silver Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2015

Re: RE: Re: New GTI

Post by Andy4791 »

m0rrthal wrote:
Andy4791 wrote:Couple of pics of 2 small purchases off ebay, dust caps and a jelly key case as my let's swing from my belt all day ay work an get knocked.
Bought the key case too, I hope it's good quality :)
Lol yeah its Ok m8, needed something just to protect it a bit while they get knocked about at work
nats148
Bronze Member
Drives: 2015 1.8 GTI - Golf Anniversary

Post by nats148 »

m0rrthal wrote:I was previously driving a 2000 Polo 6N2 without any equipment at all (everything was manual) and the change is like in "Back to the future"
Making the same change as me except my 6N2 is a GTI so it does have a few "mod cons" :lol:
ShaunP
Getting There!
Drives: 2015 1.8 GTI

Post by ShaunP »

What was the waiting time for the tracking number to be issued?

I've only been waiting a week ordered 17/10/15 and I cant wait for the next 12-16 weeks to pass! Just a wonder as to when my dealership will be dropping me an email with a tracking number to be able to track the progress of the car.

Hopefully at the rate things are going I will take delivery mid January/Early Feb which seems an eternity away at the moment.

By the sounds of it, it's definitely worth the wait.
j0rd4n500
New
Drives: 1.2 match edition, polo 6c gti

Post by j0rd4n500 »

ShaunP wrote:What was the waiting time for the tracking number to be issued?

I've only been waiting a week ordered 17/10/15 and I cant wait for the next 12-16 weeks to pass! Just a wonder as to when my dealership will be dropping me an email with a tracking number to be able to track the progress of the car.

Hopefully at the rate things are going I will take delivery mid January/Early Feb which seems an eternity away at the moment.

Mine was on my paperwork that i signed etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ShaunP
Getting There!

Post by ShaunP »

j0rd4n500 wrote:
ShaunP wrote:What was the waiting time for the tracking number to be issued?

Mine was on my paperwork that i signed etc.

Just checked mine over and there doesn't appear to be anything on there. All that's stated on mine is vehicle description + extras and all the figures etc that I've signed. Estimated delivery date is put as 'factory order' but yeah no sign of tracking number
Andy4791
Silver Member

Post by Andy4791 »

Took my dealer a couple of weeks to send me my order (tracking number)
Tomos
Getting There!
Drives: GTI 6R

Post by Tomos »

From my experience, my order number is the same as my tracking number. So if you have a order number, punch that into the finder and see what it comes up with. Mine didn't activate untill a couple of days after I ordered.

ShaunP
Getting There!

Post by ShaunP »

Sifting through the paperwork infront of me, and the order number box is actually empty .. lol

I'm still awaiting to hear back from the guy who sold me the car on something that I was supposed to hear from by Tuesday this week but still no luck after two chase emails... Will leave it until it's been a fortnight (Saturday 31st) and if I've heard nothing I'll pop in and find out what the score is.
Andy4791
Silver Member

Post by Andy4791 »

I didn't have order number on paperwork either, chill lol
Tomos
Getting There!
Drives: GTI 6R

Post by Tomos »

ShaunP wrote:Sifting through the paperwork infront of me, and the order number box is actually empty .. lol

I'm still awaiting to hear back from the guy who sold me the car on something that I was supposed to hear from by Tuesday this week but still no luck after two chase emails... Will leave it until it's been a fortnight (Saturday 31st) and if I've heard nothing I'll pop in and find out what the score is.
Cool. Same - mine was empty but there was a number scribbled at the top of my order form. Put 2&2 together and it was the order & tracking number. Also, my dealership sent an email out probably a week after with a thanks and how to track my order. It had the number on that email.

JohnPolo
Silver Member
Drives: 2015 Polo GTI

Post by JohnPolo »

Yes deep breaths. In through the nose and out through the mouth. :)

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk
ShaunP
Getting There!

Post by ShaunP »

Try not to panic....

Thanks for the re-assurance lol. Let's hope everything goes smoothly
nats148
Bronze Member
Drives: 2015 1.8 GTI - Golf Anniversary

New GTI

Post by nats148 »

I ordere mine on 18/10 and there's no tracking number on the paperwork :-/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

I ordered mine last Wednesday morning (21/10), and the dealer e-mailed my tracking number in the afternoon the same day. The tracker is showing stage 2 (of 7); 'order is with the factory and is currently being scheduled for production'.