New GTI

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
polocks
New
Drives: GTI

Re: New GTI

Post by polocks »

JackM_24 wrote:33 MPG since my last refuel, mainly short 5-10 mile journeys so barely warming up, at 380 miles.anyone got any idea how to reset the long term MPG?
off the top of my head you have to go into the settings then units/gauges what ever it is called

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JackM_24
Getting There!
Drives: Soon to be 2015 Polo GTI

Post by JackM_24 »

Thanks, found a massive fly in my head light unit, about an inch long, are the units sealed? It's still alive so I'm hoping it finds its way own way out.
humbermart
New
Drives: 2016 Polo GTI Manual 3 Door

Post by humbermart »

JackM_24 wrote:33 MPG since my last refuel, mainly short 5-10 mile journeys so barely warming up, at 380 miles.anyone got any idea how to reset the long term MPG?
Just hold down the ok button on the steering wheel, when average mpg is displayed
humbermart
New
Drives: 2016 Polo GTI Manual 3 Door

Post by humbermart »

Update on my 'Sports Pack' and Kenwood/Garmin Satnav issues, after collecting my GTI from the local dealers today, after their third attempt to fix.........

Well it was nice to see that on this occasion they had cleaned and valeted it. Shame about the wet weather though :(

They finally seem to have sorted all issues out with the satnav module, having found how to set the screen resolution to HD for the Polo, correctly fitted the TMC antenna, and today, sorted out the loss of sound on spoken instructions (they said they fixed the sound by rebooting the system, but I suspect they again set the dip switches wrong on the Kenwood interface unit).

So I'd now give this Kenwood/Garmin satnav upgrade my recommendation, and I've now loaded on the speed cameras, and it all works well. It's not cheap at £550 fitted, but I'd rather have the Garmin system than the VW one.

It seemed a bit bizarre when they told me last week they ordered a new button for the sports switch (do they think changing the button itself will bring added functionality - surely not!)

Anyway they fitted this new button today, so now I have the correct button, that just says 'Sport' without the damper logo. However when activated, it does now alter the steering feel, so I think maybe they've tweaked the firmware (or perhaps this new button does have additional I/O connections to alter the steering parameters. Not sure I can sense any change in throttle response (but I'm getting so confused now, I'd need to drive 2 cars back to back to see I can I tell the difference). Same goes for the sound. Sometimes I can convince myself it's marginally louder with Sports selected, but it's so marginal I think I'm just wanting to hear a difference (will have to try some blind tests - but now whilst I'm at the wheel myself, lol!)

I'd be interested to know from others with the Sports Pack, how noticeable is the increased noise and throttle response???
JohnPolo
Silver Member
Drives: 2015 Polo GTI

Post by JohnPolo »

Thanks to Andy who posted pics of key remote covers he purchased. Mine arrived today and I think we'll be v happy together. :)

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk
Andy4791
Silver Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2015

Re: RE: Re: New GTI

Post by Andy4791 »

JohnPolo wrote:Thanks to Andy who posted pics of key remote covers he purchased. Mine arrived today and I think we'll be v happy together. :)

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk
Glad u find it Ok m8 [emoji3]
Andy4791
Silver Member

Post by Andy4791 »

On another note(pardon the pun). I still can't get the stereo to sound as I'd like it. Its pretty powerful bass wise so no problem there but I don't think the depth and quality of sound is there like I had in the Sony unit in my fiesta. Been adjusting the equaliser but I'm yet to hit the sweet spot. When I fade in between front and rear speakers the rears do sound very poor quality. A small matter I know but I enjoy my music so a bit annoying at min. Anyone's thoughts welcome.
jcp
New
Drives: megane 225

Post by jcp »

Ordered a Deep Black Gti approx 7 weeks ago and car is currently in transit.

Spec is 3dr.
Manual.
Convenience Pack.
Parking Pack.
Sport Pack.
Winter Pack.
App Connect.
Arm Rest.

My current car benefits from being run on super unleaded and wondered if anyone had been using it in their Polo?
Sjl84
New
Drives: 1.8 gti

Post by Sjl84 »

anyone else got build week as this week? Mines was scheduled to be this week but have received 2 updates this week informing me its week commencing 02/11 :( , tracker still has it as 26/09 though.
JohnPolo
Silver Member
Drives: 2015 Polo GTI

Re: RE: Re: New GTI

Post by JohnPolo »

jcp wrote:Ordered a Deep Black Gti approx 7 weeks ago and car is currently in transit.

Spec is 3dr.
Manual.
Convenience Pack.
Parking Pack.
Sport Pack.
Winter Pack.
App Connect.
Arm Rest.

My current car benefits from being run on super unleaded and wondered if anyone had been using it in their Polo?
Always use super in mine.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk
nats148
Bronze Member
Drives: 2015 1.8 GTI - Golf Anniversary

Post by nats148 »

I don't have my Polo yet, but I noticed a difference in MPG in my Anniversary when using VPower so I'll be using it in the Polo when that arrives too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
DelB
Getting There!
Drives: 65 plate Polo GTI

Post by DelB »

Sjl84 wrote:anyone else got build week as this week? Mines was scheduled to be this week but have received 2 updates this week informing me its week commencing 02/11 :( , tracker still has it as 26/09 though.
Yep, me too. E-mails on Monday and yesterday saying w/c 2/11, but online tracker still showing w/c 26/10. :(
I tweeted VW UK Help yesterday asking which was correct, but no response so far.

Edit - just noticed that you're in Edinburgh too - maybe they'll both arrive at the same time! :)
JackM_24
Getting There!
Drives: Soon to be 2015 Polo GTI

Post by JackM_24 »

I get better fuel consumption with super unleaded
duffman
Bronze Member

Post by duffman »

Im sure its been mentioned, but what oil temps are advised to get it up to before putting your foot down?
jacksb7
Getting There!
Drives: Polo GTI 6C

Post by jacksb7 »

I've started getting a little pop the first time I change from Media to Radio or vice versa after starting the car up. I know that there was a guy on here who's Polo went into the garage regarding this....I just want to check if it means anything other than there literally potentially just being a small pop once a journey?