New GTI

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
tomaspolo7
New
Drives: 2015 6C Polo GTI

Re: New GTI

Post by tomaspolo7 »

dunc85 wrote:Mine has started with a high pitched, rubbery, squeaking noise from the steering wheel. It happens when you steer slightly in either direction and is more noticeable at lower speed. It's insanely annoying.

This is in additional to the rattle that also comes from the steering wheel area.
i also have a rattle from the steering wheel area.Seems to do it above 65 mph.Random occasions though only.
jacksb7
Getting There!
Drives: Polo GTI 6C

Post by jacksb7 »

Andy4791 wrote:This 6 week check up? I've had it on other cars but was not mentioned on this one, will dealer inform me or should I get into them about it, its a good idea I think
Yeah give you dealership a call and ask them. Mine have mentioned it a couple times, even rang me last week to encourage me to make use of the free check up...
Norfolk Boy
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo Gti

Post by Norfolk Boy »

I've had my GTI for nearly 3 months now and so far fault free motoring. I'm sure in time that will change as I've never owned a car that doesn't have a problem at some stage. Looking at an ST forum there are plenty of examples of people complaining about problems of all sorts on the greatest hot hatch that was ever made (apparently) so nothing new there. The boot on the current version of the GTI is smaller than the previous version and hasn't been any different as far as I'm aware so don't understand how the dealer could have said otherwise. If you don't like the car or the dealer isn't providing a good service then fair enough but sometimes I think there is a danger of being spooked by all the bad press VW is getting at the moment.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

humbermart
New
Drives: 2016 Polo GTI Manual 3 Door

Post by humbermart »

I've now done 1,500 miles in the first month (on 5000 a year PCP lol ! )

I've had most of the issues, but they seem only like 'growing pains'.

The brakes squealed for one night only, the CMS failed only twice in the first 2 days. The squeezing under the steering wheel only happens for a few moments on a cold damp morning.

Over the last couple of weeks I've managed to get chance to max it out cross country and oh boy it then comes into its own. The brakes for one are amazing and it seems to just go as fast as you dare. Overtaking is super-safe, even on black spots like the A15.

If you buy a GTI to tour round on rough UK roads listening for creaks at 40mph then you've chosen the wrong car.

I've driven all the so called premium brands over the last few decades and despite the VW issues atm, this is not a car I'd want to hand back too soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Andy4791
Silver Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2015

Post by Andy4791 »

Nice words m8, think u sum things up well there, I'm gonna use them as my philosophy from now on lol. I've got the squeaky brakes and a squeak when pulling away from low speed sometimes especially when I've reversed and braked,(maybe stickin on slightly but I'm no mechanic) . was struggling to get the stereo to sound how I like but I'm getting there now. Above all this, I love the looks, the engine and how sweet an powerful it is in any gear and how it handles. Not to mention the exhaust note. So yeah, I'll 4give it a few little niggles as its so good in other ways
Wolfi
Bronze Member
Drives: 2015 6C GTI

Post by Wolfi »

Norfolk Boy wrote:I've had my GTI for nearly 3 months now and so far fault free motoring. I'm sure in time that will change as I've never owned a car that doesn't have a problem at some stage. Looking at an ST forum there are plenty of examples of people complaining about problems of all sorts on the greatest hot hatch that was ever made (apparently) so nothing new there. The boot on the current version of the GTI is smaller than the previous version and hasn't been any different as far as I'm aware so don't understand how the dealer could have said otherwise. If you don't like the car or the dealer isn't providing a good service then fair enough but sometimes I think there is a danger of being spooked by all the bad press VW is getting at the moment.

Ditto. *touches wood* [emoji106]

molar
New
Drives: 2015 1.2 TSI SEL 110

Post by molar »

sudsonsundaze wrote:
sudsonsundaze wrote:
Bobby1873 wrote:Cheers for the quick replies. I noticed it today for the first time but I'm sure it wasn't like that when I got the car. Its not a big deal but its just one of those little niggly things I suppose. I'll have a look at it tomorrow.
Regarding seeing yellow number plate in rear view camera all of a sudden, Bobby1873, did you get any solution? Just noticed this is happening to my new GTI. Was fine yesterday and today I see the number plate, which didn't happen before. Anyone with any ideas why? I have had a look at the camera and it seems solid, no movement. Its annoying.

Anyone?? Its showing more of the plate today... can't be right.

Yes i have squeaking brakes and noise when travelling and manoeuvring at low speeds. Sound system is alright..ish ( I have the Nav too which is good) sound is harsh at times, lacking clear bass and undefined in the mid range, but i didn't expect much.. would of liked dynaudio or fender option! Engine and exhaust sounds good though.
I can see the edge of my number plate including the black strip at the bottom of it containing the dealer name. I have the Polo SEL but the camera and its position look the same. I'm 99% sure this didn't happen when I first got my car.

I've asked my VW dealer and they said that it's unlikely that this has only just started happening since the camera and number plate are fixed and cannot move.

This has led me to think that it's either software related or caused by water ingress into the camera.

They offered to lower the number plate for me but I politely declined! :shock:
rm55mcc
Silver Member
Drives: Polo 1.4

Post by rm55mcc »

I love my gti end off , touch wood no issues yet, and when you hit sport button it gets even better [emoji51][emoji51][emoji51]
duffman
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2015

Post by duffman »

Done about 550 miles now, and loving it. Coming from a 1.6, 120bhp Peugeot 208 its definitely a step up!

Just done a couple of trips over the Woodhead between Sheffield and Manchester and boy it moves when you want it to! Never been so confident overtaking, in places I'd never have done before. The acceleration in 2nd is great but when you shift up to 3rd you get another boot of power and acceleration is even stronger.

I can see the number plate ever so slightly in the rear camera but doesn't seem to be an issue, can still see majority of the image.

Not had a proper chance to give the Sport button a go yet, think I need to find some good roads (any suggestions, North of England?)

Also, quick question, is it possible to get the doors to auto lock when you've set off? Previous cars I've had have done this, but couldn't find anything in the settings.
dunc85
New
Drives: GTI

Post by dunc85 »

duffman wrote: Not had a proper chance to give the Sport button a go yet, think I need to find some good roads (any suggestions, North of England?)
What about Holmfirth Road (A635) and Holme Moss Road (A6024)? Just a bit North of the Woodhead Pass I think.
Watch our for speed camera van on the A635 though.

Or further afield, the roads up near Hawes.
nats148
Bronze Member
Drives: 2015 1.8 GTI - Golf Anniversary

Post by nats148 »

humbermart wrote:Overtaking is super-safe, even on black spots like the A15.
Where abouts in Humberside are you Mart?
j0rd4n500
New
Drives: 1.2 match edition, polo 6c gti

Post by j0rd4n500 »

ImageImageImage

Dealer sent me a few pics today :) only just arrived so hopefully they give it a good clean etc for pick up tomorrow :)

DelB
Getting There!
Drives: 65 plate Polo GTI

Post by DelB »

Looks stunning mate. :)
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

duffman wrote: ------------ Also, quick question, is it possible to get the doors to auto lock when you've set off? Previous cars I've had have done this, but couldn't find anything in the settings.
You too? Time VW sorted some of these options out on the 6R0 BCM!
m0rrthal
Getting There!
Drives: 2015 VW Polo 6C GTI

Post by m0rrthal »

duffman wrote:Also, quick question, is it possible to get the doors to auto lock when you've set off? Previous cars I've had have done this, but couldn't find anything in the settings.
Isn't it in the car options? My GTI is autolocking after 5mph.