New GTI

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
tomaspolo7
New
Drives: 2015 6C Polo GTI

Re: New GTI

Post by tomaspolo7 »

Barcabod wrote:Could one of the good people on this forum post a picture of the alcantara seats.

I have ordered these but cant really get a good pic off internet
Are the blosters leather look and the centre piece alcantara?

Thank for continued help guys
There is a fairly good pic of the alcantara seats in the polo brochure i downloaded a while ago when i ordered my car.From the picture the bolster is leather look and the centre piece is alcantara. Btw the wait is worth it,loving my car :D
Tomos
Getting There!
Drives: GTI 6R

Post by Tomos »

I normally get 320 - 340 with a tank of Shell V Power and 300 odd with ordinary 95RON.

With the inssurance, 4NCB, 22yrs, £500 with Admiral

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Penarth Blues
Bronze Member
Drives: 2015 Polo GTI 5 door Black M6

Post by Penarth Blues »

JackM_24 wrote:I found I returned worse fuel consumption with V power nitro, my completely unscientific test found the cheaper premium unleaded (97 RON) from Petrogras to be the best, having tried shell v power nitro, BP ultimate and standard unleaded. Though the engine is tuned for standard 95 unleaded if you were to go the remap route it'd be interesting to see what happens if you have the car mapped for 97 unleaded.
I've noticed another problem with 98RON fuel which manifests itself as almost pre-ignition when the engine is warm when starting the car up again from being stopped for a while. I'm not going to use 98 RON again unless I retune the engine for it. 95 RON is much better with the standard car IMHO.
nats148
Bronze Member
Drives: 2015 1.8 GTI - Golf Anniversary

Post by nats148 »

Do they not adapt to being run on higher ron over time (you'll have to forgive my ignorance the newest car I've owned before is a 52 plate!!) but I noticed in my Golf that it took a few tanks of running on VPower for it to get "used" to it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Penarth Blues
Bronze Member
Drives: 2015 Polo GTI 5 door Black M6

Post by Penarth Blues »

nats148 wrote:Do they not adapt to being run on higher ron over time (you'll have to forgive my ignorance the newest car I've owned before is a 52 plate!!) but I noticed in my Golf that it took a few tanks of running on VPower for it to get "used" to it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The manual says you can use both but my experience with 98 RON is not good. A couple of times the car feels as if it's going to stall when trying to accelerate away immediately after reversing out of the drive.
Barcabod
New
Drives: 2015 polo gti

Post by Barcabod »

tomaspolo7 wrote:
Barcabod wrote:Could one of the good people on this forum post a picture of the alcantara seats.

There is a fairly good pic of the alcantara seats in the polo brochure i downloaded a while ago when i ordered my car.From the picture the bolster is leather look and the centre piece is alcantara. Btw the wait is worth it,loving my car :D
Thanks for that Tomas

Downloaded the brochure and have seen the seats thanks glad I spec,d them they look really nice

Glad to here you are happy with yours
I must admit I am a little nervous :roll: I just want everything to be ok with the car and all the extras I have put on it.

What extras did you get on yours and how are they performing?
Last edited by Barcabod on Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dink
Platinum Member
Drives: 2015 GTI

Post by Dink »

i only use shell v-power in my gti (also did the same with my old polo but that was mapped to run 98 ron)

i use it as it dosen't do any harm, you could gain a slight increase in power but the main reason on this car is that it is direct injected and if you have a quick look on the net with carbon build up you'll that anything that helps clean the intake valves can only help
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

tomaspolo7 wrote:

Have a look at the used cars section on VW's website. Listers VW Stratford upon Avon have a black Polo GTI with alcantara seats with photos and a video. At 25-30 seconds into the video, you can see which parts of the seats are alcantara and which parts are leatherette.
Barcabod
New

Post by Barcabod »

Dink wrote:i only use shell v-power in my gti (also did the same with my old polo but that was mapped to run 98 ron)

i use it as it dosen't do any harm, you could gain a slight increase in power but the main reason on this car is that it is direct injected and if you have a quick look on the net with carbon build up you'll that anything that helps clean the intake valves can only help
Cheers Dink

I only asked the question because I want to try and keep the engine in tip top condition and I have read about the shell v power being maybe the best because of the cleaning additives that are in it.

As I said earlier my golf tdi only has bp super diesel (as I found this to be the best)in it and it runs like a dream really ,god knows why I'm getting rid :shock: haha

No I do know why.
I keep remembering the smile on my face during the polo test drive :D :D :D :D
Barcabod
New

Post by Barcabod »

SRGTD wrote:
tomaspolo7 wrote:

Have a look at the used cars section on VW's website. Listers VW Stratford upon Avon have a black Polo GTI with alcantara seats with photos and a video. At 25-30 seconds into the video, you can see which parts of the seats are alcantara and which parts are leatherette.
Cheers mate yep I like em haha
Pavel
Getting There!
Drives: MK8 GTI

Post by Pavel »

I've got the Alcantara seats in mine and they're nice. Was under the impression the leather parts were actually leather rather than leatherette. They smell like leather anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

Dink wrote:i only use shell v-power in my gti (also did the same with my old polo but that was mapped to run 98 ron)

You are correct, these engines are direct injection, so unfortunately that means that it is only fresh air that passes in through the inlet valves, so any build up of choke there will not benefit from the "good" stuff in these fuels passing over them and clearing them. Only fix for that is to change your car when VAG finish rolling out their "direct+indirect" injection systems which are being brought in for economy and emissions reasons - no one has admitted that they are really needed to right the wrong of going completely direct injection on petrol engines.
DKPOLOGT
Bronze Member
Drives: Blue GT

Post by DKPOLOGT »

Use a good intake cleaner every now and the will clean out all the gunk.

Have used it on my former BMW diesel. Really works.

/ *L*
Dink
Platinum Member
Drives: 2015 GTI

Post by Dink »

RUM4MO wrote:
You are correct, these engines are direct injection, so unfortunately that means that it is only fresh air that passes in through the inlet valves, so any build up of choke there will not benefit from the "good" stuff in these fuels passing over them and clearing them. Only fix for that is to change your car when VAG finish rolling out their "direct+indirect" injection systems which are being brought in for economy and emissions reasons - no one has admitted that they are really needed to right the wrong of going completely direct injection on petrol engines.
I read that the engine in the 6c gti actually have the upstream injectors in the inlet manifold to help cure the problem.

I don't have mine at the to check but I'm sure someone with access to technical notes would be able to say yes or no.
tomaspolo7
New
Drives: 2015 6C Polo GTI

Post by tomaspolo7 »

Barcabod wrote:
tomaspolo7 wrote:

Thanks for that Tomas

Downloaded the brochure and have seen the seats thanks glad I spec,d them they look really nice

Glad to here you are happy with yours
I must admit I am a little nervous :roll: I just want everything to be ok with the car and all the extras I have put on it.

What extras did you get on yours and how are they performing?
No probs,glad i could help.

Im sure all will be fine for you. I ordered Pano Roof,Electric Folding mirrors,Climate,Armrest and Pure White Paint.Very happy with the Sunroof,so easy to use.All we need is some sun :roll: .Electric Folding Mirrors was keen to have,climate control is excellent on cold mornings. Havent really used the Armrest though,