New GTI

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
DelB
Getting There!
Drives: 65 plate Polo GTI

Re: New GTI

Post by DelB »

Andy4791 wrote:Ok thought I'd do a bit of an update on how I'm goin with the car. Loosened up nicely, do need a few good runs though but stuck around town at moment. My long-term mpg is 29.5 at min lol. Surely I'm not that lead footed. Still have squeak on low speed braking, and also when pulling away from lights or junctions on occasion. Stereo is now set pretty much how I like, enjoying my tunes again. No other problems to report. Loving the power,seats,heater lol and handling/ride setup. And brings a smile with how it looks too, even tho its filthy at min. Be good to hear how others are fairing with theirs
Just back from a 45 mile drive along some nice, quiet (and reasonably dry!) country roads. First time I've gone for a drive, purely for the pleasure of driving, since I sold my old 944 Turbo SE 11 years ago!
Loving the car. My average MPG since I got it (300 miles ago) is only 29.9, but I'm putting that down to the fact that I can't help squeezing the loud pedal whenever the chance arises. ;) I expect that it'll improve as I use the car more.
Sound system is excellent, IMHO. I've used the sound set-up that Andy4791 posted up (cheers Andy!) and I think it sounds great. It's definitely better when you've got something 'plugged in' to it, rather than relying on a Bluetooth connection. I plug my iPhone 6 into it and use the Can-Net app - can't fault it. May get some Dynamat for the doors to help keep more of the low frequencies audible when travelling faster, but that's maybe being really picky.
The heater is excellent and doesn't seem to take any time at all to get up to temperature.
The seats are very supportive and comfortable and the auto lights/wipers/electric folding mirrors in the Convenience Pack are a cool feature too. 8)
Andy4791
Silver Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2015

Re: RE: Re: New GTI

Post by Andy4791 »

DelB wrote:
Andy4791 wrote:Ok thought I'd do a bit of an update on how I'm goin with the car. Loosened up nicely, do need a few good runs though but stuck around town at moment. My long-term mpg is 29.5 at min lol. Surely I'm not that lead footed. Still have squeak on low speed braking, and also when pulling away from lights or junctions on occasion. Stereo is now set pretty much how I like, enjoying my tunes again. No other problems to report. Loving the power,seats,heater lol and handling/ride setup. And brings a smile with how it looks too, even tho its filthy at min. Be good to hear how others are fairing with theirs
Just back from a 45 mile drive along some nice, quiet (and reasonably dry!) country roads. First time I've gone for a drive, purely for the pleasure of driving, since I sold my old 944 Turbo SE 11 years ago!
Loving the car. My average MPG since I got it (300 miles ago) is only 29.9, but I'm putting that down to the fact that I can't help squeezing the loud pedal whenever the chance arises. ;) I expect that it'll improve as I use the car more.
Sound system is excellent, IMHO. I've used the sound set-up that Andy4791 posted up (cheers Andy!) and I think it sounds great. It's definitely better when you've got something 'plugged in' to it, rather than relying on a Bluetooth connection. I plug my iPhone 6 into it and use the Can-Net app - can't fault it. May get some Dynamat for the doors to help keep more of the low frequencies audible when travelling faster, but that's maybe being really picky.
The heater is excellent and doesn't seem to take any time at all to get up to temperature.
The seats are very supportive and comfortable and the auto lights/wipers/electric folding mirrors in the Convenience Pack are a cool feature too. 8)
Glad u liked the stereo settings m8, he's a slightly tweaked version I've settled on after extended listening
ImageImage
DelB
Getting There!

Re: RE: Re: New GTI

Post by DelB »

Andy4791 wrote:
DelB wrote:
Glad u liked the stereo settings m8, he's a slightly tweaked version I've settled on after extended listening
ImageImage
Thanks Andy. Might try a little more treble and see if that sounds better. I notice you've moved the 'fader' forward a bit, off the edge of the rear seats. Sound better there?
If you don't mind my asking, what sort of music are you listening to as I reckon that probably makes a huge difference to peoples perception of the quality of the system.
Andy4791
Silver Member

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: New GTI

Post by Andy4791 »

DelB wrote:
Andy4791 wrote:
DelB wrote:
[img]http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/10/bd4eb997e0291eef3fb2d82957241886.jpg[/img][img]http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/10/17a78136179125acad6952720cb842d9.jpg[/img]
Thanks Andy. Might try a little more treble and see if that sounds better. I notice you've moved the 'fader' forward a bit, off the edge of the rear seats. Sound better there?
If you don't mind my asking, what sort of music are you listening to as I reckon that probably makes a huge difference to peoples perception of the quality of the system.
Found moving the fader forward made the vocals stand out a bit more , dropped the bass one notch so now crisper less boomy. I listen to lots of different stuff. Ok I'll tell u wat I've had on lately, no laughing lol
The eagles best of
Def leopard best of(like me best ofs lol)
Duran Duran new album
Guns n roses appetite for destruction
Aha Foot of the mountain
Ocean colour scene. Etc
All sounding pretty good
DelB
Getting There!

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: New GTI

Post by DelB »

Andy4791 wrote: Found moving the fader forward made the vocals stand out a bit more , dropped the bass one notch so now crisper less boomy. I listen to lots of different stuff. Ok I'll tell u wat I've had on lately, no laughing lol
The eagles best of
Duran Duran new album
Aha Foot of the mountain
Ocean colour scene. Etc
All sounding pretty good
Good stuff. I'll nip out just now and give those setting a listen. :D
I've been listening to Gareth Emery's new 'Electric for Life 2015' album, as well as Bring me the Horizon, Of Mice & Men, Flyleaf, Fall Out Boy and Faithless. (I may be 49, but I've the musical taste of a 14 year old!! :lol: )
Andy4791
Silver Member

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: New GTI

Post by Andy4791 »

DelB wrote:
Andy4791 wrote: Found moving the fader forward made the vocals stand out a bit more , dropped the bass one notch so now crisper less boomy. I listen to lots of different stuff. Ok I'll tell u wat I've had on lately, no laughing lol
The eagles best of
Duran Duran new album
Aha Foot of the mountain
Ocean colour scene. Etc
All sounding pretty good
Good stuff. I'll nip out just now and give those setting a listen. :D
I've been listening to Gareth Emery's new 'Electric for Life 2015' album, as well as Bring me the Horizon, Of Mice & Men, Flyleaf, Fall Out Boy and Faithless. (I may be 49, but I've the musical taste of a 14 year old!! [emoji38] )
Don't matter m8 what your into as long as you enjoy it. Got a 64gb SD card in mine, think its got 40gb on it lol, never know what to choose lol
duffman
Bronze Member

Post by duffman »

alexperkins wrote:The ball isnt available seperately - comes as part of the strap 6R0863447 041
Didn't think it would be, thanks for the part no of the strap though.

Still getting on great with the car as most people seem to be, no issues with anything yet. Climate Control is very good, and as mentioned gets up to temp quickly. Still getting the squeak at low speeds too, 1200 miles in, although doesn't happen as often as when I first picked it up.

Think I'm getting about 34mpg average at the moment, drive to work is only a boring 15 minute trip so only really give it the beans at the weekends.

Maybe the only negative is the boot space - really does seem quite small. I knew it was but didn't think it would bother me as much as it is!
Pavel
Getting There!
Drives: MK8 GTI

Post by Pavel »

My trip reset button has stopped working today. Used it yesterday and it was fine but went to reset it this morning after refuelling and its not working for some reason.

Other than the above I've had no issues nearly 700 miles in. Not done a proper drive yet really, mainly just back and to from work. Driving up to Cumbria tomorrow though so I'll have a chance to give it a go on some proper roads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Deejbb
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo GTi 6R

New GTI

Post by Deejbb »

Am currently getting 32.5mpg myself, little disappointing as I was getting 40mpg long term in my 6R GTI but the 6C is much better to drive so I don't mind too much. Oh and thanks for the audio settings Andy, I've been using them too haha

Oh and I am still getting the low speed squeak, 3500 miles in..

Andy4791
Silver Member

Re: RE: New GTI

Post by Andy4791 »

Deejbb wrote:Am currently getting 32.5mpg myself, little disappointing as I was getting 40mpg long term in my 6R GTI but the 6C is much better to drive so I don't mind too much. Oh and thanks for the audio settings Andy, I've been using them too haha

Oh and I am still getting the low speed squeak, 3500 miles in..

Lol no probs, happy to help [emoji106] [emoji3]
ShaunP
Getting There!
Drives: 2015 1.8 GTI

Post by ShaunP »

nats148 wrote:Had the text mine is in the UK Image Image
Proper Jealous that we ordered ours same day and yours is here whereas I have another 3 1/2 weeks until build week starts! Pleased for you and bet you're dead chuffed, got to get some pics up when it's here
Scott Bounce
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo 6C GTi

Post by Scott Bounce »

Hi guys, new here. Traded in my 10 month old ST180 for the new Polo, should hopefully get a text tomorrow saying it's in the UK as the ship got in to Newcastle tea time today :)
Scott Bounce
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo 6C GTi

Post by Scott Bounce »

Norfolk Boy wrote:I know it's wrong but I still wonder what life would have been like if I'd gone for an ST. Would I have got fed up with the hard ride and figure hugging recarios or the Saturday night outside of MacDonalds looks innit?
The ST is a brilliant car, but it's just a bit mental. The only thing that ruins it is the suspension, good for most things just not the roads we have here in Scotland. The seats are comfy as hell tbh.
nats148
Bronze Member
Drives: 2015 1.8 GTI - Golf Anniversary

Post by nats148 »

ShaunP wrote:
nats148 wrote:Had the text mine is in the UK Image Image
Proper Jealous that we ordered ours same day and yours is here whereas I have another 3 1/2 weeks until build week starts! Pleased for you and bet you're dead chuffed, got to get some pics up when it's here
It must be to do with me not going for many options?

The dealership is practically on Grimsby docks so I'm hoping it's actually been delivered in to Grimsby :lol:
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

Received an e-mail this morning to tell me my car has been built and has left the factory. Ordered on 21st October, and the dealer told me around 4 months from date of order to delivery, so was expecting to get it at the beginning of March on a 16 plate. A mid January delivery looks possible now, so do I take delivery in January or wait until March, assuming the dealer is OK with this.

What would you guys do?