New GTI

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Dink
Platinum Member
Drives: 2015 GTI

Re: New GTI

Post by Dink »

I think it's a small oil pump to keep the turbo fed with oil.

I had the burning smell but that goes.

The white smoke is steam.

It's a 141kW engine it won't take long to heat up the coolant in the engine before the stat opens
andy_gdon
Bronze Member
Drives: GTi

Re: RE: Re: New GTI

Post by andy_gdon »

rm55mcc wrote:
CJO wrote:
rm55mcc wrote:

If get it done cheap go for it , personal I think it's a waste off money, and thankful i didn't pay for it on mine as it i got it as a freebie and if had payed for it if be annoyed
Lol
Can you show us all some pictures of it in action? I didn't want to pay for satnav so it was a good way to connect my iPhone or Android to use mapping from either device.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Won't let me upload pics for some reason, but it's just like your phone display , if you go on you tube there is videos off it and shows how to use etc hope this helps [emoji106]
Do you not need an upgraded screen? Or can the standard headunit do it

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
CJO
Bronze Member
Drives: VW Polo GTi 2016

Post by CJO »

andy_gdon wrote:
rm55mcc wrote:
CJO wrote:
Can you show us all some pictures of it in action? I didn't want to pay for satnav so it was a good way to connect my iPhone or Android to use mapping from either device.

Won't let me upload pics for some reason, but it's just like your phone display , if you go on you tube there is videos off it and shows how to use etc hope this helps [emoji106]

I would hope that VW wouldn't allow you to order one without the other if they were interdependent but then they have been preoccupied lately....

rm55mcc
Silver Member
Drives: Polo 1.4

Post by rm55mcc »

andy_gdon wrote:
rm55mcc wrote:
CJO wrote:

Honestly I'm not sure Andy
andy_gdon
Bronze Member
Drives: GTi

Re: RE: Re: New GTI

Post by andy_gdon »

Mo-89 wrote:Right guys I do need some advice pls.
I picked up my new polo GTI 2nite but I just noticed few things:
-the worrying one is a weird noise after turning the engine off which last for about 2 to 3 min.
- the heat is at 90 even its freezing out there n drove the car just for 10 miles.
-White smoke is coming out the exhaust
-smell of burned plastic which I guess is due to being brand new

Cheers guys
First is just the fan that runs on so that the car doesn't go from very hot.to very cold quickly. The wife's golf does that.

Big engine in a small place so will heat up fairly quickly but that's not engine oil temp.

White smoke is because it's cold and the engine is burning more fuel to compensate

The last thing is just the exhaust, engine bits and clutch bedding in.

Drive her on lol

Mo-89
New
Drives: Polo GTi

Post by Mo-89 »

Andy4791 wrote:Is the noise a humming noise, that's normal, so is smell
Andy aye mate it's kinda humming !! What is it mate? Is urs doin the same
Andy4791
Silver Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2015

Post by Andy4791 »

Like it's been said maybe a fan to cool turbo. Mines always done it yeah
duffman
Bronze Member

Post by duffman »

I've only noticed the ESP light on the dash a few times, mainly when cornering and lose a bit of traction. I do get wheel spin in 1st/2nd when really giving it the beans, especially in the wet, but I can't say I've noticed the light when that happens. Not been looking for it though, will keep an eye out.

Another very small niggle, noticed for the past 2 mornings (very cold) the centre dash display has flicked onto setting the time on the clock, despite me not pressing anything. Just leaving it for a few moments and it disappears, but a bit strange. Is this due to the cold weather? In previous cars the electronics have played up in the cold.
Scott Bounce
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo 6C GTi

Post by Scott Bounce »

Dink wrote:Anyone know what size torx driver you need for the screw the remove the end of the key

It looks really small and I've seen a set in halfords but only goes down to T5 and don't want them not to fit
Not sure if any one has answered it yet but it's a T6. I done mine tonight.
Dink
Platinum Member
Drives: 2015 GTI

Post by Dink »

Scott Bounce wrote:
Not sure if any one has answered it yet but it's a T6. I done mine tonight.
Happy days I'll pick up a driver while I'm out later
Norfolk Boy
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo Gti

Post by Norfolk Boy »

Norfolk Boy wrote:
CJO wrote:I should add that for the initial "hey Siri" your phone mic needs to hear you. Hence the mute. After that it should connect over Bluetooth.

Thanks again
Tried this today. Siri 'voice' load and clear over Bluetooth but it says you need an Internet connection for it to function. Assume this would with work with 3 and 4 G but I guess that won't be great driving along with intermittent connectivity! The system did point me back to getting the Car net app facility but reading the comments on here it doesn't seem worth the £170 investment.
CJO
Bronze Member

Post by CJO »

It does depend on signal yes as Siri won't function without it. In terms of carnet if you have offline maps or set your destination while you have wifi then you're set. It will only be as good as your phone and phone signal.

Andy4791
Silver Member

Post by Andy4791 »

My android phone showed all my contact pics by the numbers until recently has stopped doin it, any ideas
CJO
Bronze Member

Post by CJO »

Given how rubbish mirror link is on my TV I had to wait for Sony to release an update before it stated working again. I would guess probably firmware for you as well. Are you on the latest update?

nats148
Bronze Member
Drives: 2015 1.8 GTI - Golf Anniversary

Post by nats148 »

Willoughbyyy wrote:Finally the tracker updated to 'build in progress' although the dealer told me it started on the 4th! they have also told me i'll have it by the end of the month :shock:

Does end of the month sound realistic? i think they are just pulling my leg because i told them i'll be canceling if it takes much longer..
My tracker went

12/11 Build week confirmed
28/11 Left Factory
10/12 Arrived in UK
15/12 Arrived

Never got anything for build in progress lol so there's a good chance you could have it by the end of the month, maybe first week of Feb?
They always over estimated times with me so I'd hope they wouldn't tell you porkies.