New guy here

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo
alanjwong
Bronze Member
Drives: 2001 VW Polo 6N2 1.4 16v 100BHP

Re: New guy here

Post by alanjwong »

Like what modifications you will be doing to your car.
don carlos
New
Drives: vw polo 2000 3d hatchback

Post by don carlos »

I said that all in my first post above

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
alanjwong
Bronze Member

Post by alanjwong »

Ah sorry mate, I can't see that using my tapa talk, it's only showing me the first part at the top and the photos.
don carlos
New

Post by don carlos »

Btw Alan I can't see the pic u uploaded earlier other than the ones with the speakers

alanjwong
Bronze Member

New guy here

Post by alanjwong »

Ive only uploaded 2 photos of the boot. If you click on my name in the post and look at my posts you can see what ive done to mine.
don carlos
New

Post by don carlos »

Just checked u ride out look pretty kool still but I'm on some 15" so I would love to get the right coilovers and them Angel lights but my budget not that big to be frank

alanjwong
Bronze Member

Post by alanjwong »

Cheers dude. Stay with 15's because anything bigger makes ride quality bad. I've had 16's before and was awful. With coilovers, you really do pay for what you get.

The cheaper end of the range will make your car bouncy and have a harsher ride compared to like a Weitech or KW brand which is very comfortable.

I don't have angel eyes anymore, I've got the gti ones.

You don't have to get everything at once, it's taken me roughly 8 years to go from completely standard to what it is like now with golf mk3 recaros that have had a leather retrim plus every gti part that makes mine look like a gti. Take your time and eventually you will get there with it.
don carlos
New

Post by don carlos »

Well said but I think I suffer with moving fast but I would like to change the suspension soon the hight arch just look stupid and I can take the roll

alanjwong
Bronze Member

Post by alanjwong »

From what i remember the first things i changed was the exhaust, wheels and tints. Then i got the suspension, i went for the H&R sport cup kit 60 front /40 rear. I had that for about 5 years and then swapped it out for the H&R comfort Kit 35 front / 35 rear. I value a comfy ride nowadays, my back cant take the harshness anymore.
don carlos
New

Post by don carlos »

Well if that's the case I'd go for the 3535 if I rides better and still looks awesome as I've already done the wheels and tints myself but would like to learn more about the exhaust

alanjwong
Bronze Member

New guy here

Post by alanjwong »

There are after market exhausts that you can get, the first one i had was a scorpion full stainless system, oval upswept. It did sound good but on motorway journeys it was pretty bad, i could not stand the drone noise coming from the exhaust it was so loud. Also fitment was not great either as the parts all fitted together but my scorpion, the back box kept on falling off going over bumpy ground.

I opted for a full stainless long life custom made exhaust system and i asked for the quietest sound which worked out brilliant because it sounded sporty but not over the top and no dreaded drone noise. When you do the exhaust you might as well get the induction kit as well. The one i have is the BMC CDA kit. There are other makes too for it.

When changing anything to do with the engine, exhaust or air filter, you will loose some MPG if you don't get your car remapped because it changes the whole dynamics of the engine from standard.

What version of polo have you got?

Mine is the 1.4 16v 100bhp one
Last edited by alanjwong on Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
don carlos
New

Post by don carlos »

[LOUDLY CRYING FACE] 1l

don carlos
New

Post by don carlos »

Hey Alan btw did u wrap the top and hood ur self I think that's my next best move for now I want to find decent quality and size lol got my heat gun already

alanjwong
Bronze Member

Post by alanjwong »

don carlos wrote:Hey Alan btw did u wrap the top and hood ur self I think that's my next best move for now I want to find decent quality and size lol got my heat gun already

I got a local company to me to put the wrap on, as doing it outside is not ideal. its raining all the time where I live. The wrap on mine is satin black by Hexis, HX30000
don carlos
New

Post by don carlos »

Can I buy it on eBay ( how much ) and wats the dimensions? Also How much would it cost a company to wrap it if I dont have the time