New GTI

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
nats148
Bronze Member
Drives: 2015 1.8 GTI - Golf Anniversary

Re: New GTI

Post by nats148 »

CJO wrote:
nats148 wrote:looks like mine will be going back in to VW - filled up this afternoon and the reset button has stuck :roll:
I think I'm picking mine up Monday now. Think I'll make a point of prodding that button first!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've done 1600 miles so this is probably the 5th or 6th time I've used it might be worth a try though :D
Only picked it back up on Tuesday for warranty work, could've done it earlier :| Shell is right next to VW as well but I was on my break so didn't have time to pop in :(
Shark00n
Bronze Member
Drives: GTI 6C

Post by Shark00n »

I'm going to pick up my Polo soon. It's been at VW since monday to fix a few things:
-noise on the steering rack, sounded like something loose.
-right front brake would screech at low speeds, specially under full lock.
-multimedia system crashes randomly, freezing at the GTI screen and no sound would come out. They told me they weren't able to replicate it so I should record a video next time it happens.
-excessive wind noise coming from the upper door frames over 50mph on anything but the smoothest tarmac. Does anyone else get this?? This car at 180kph is noisier than my old Grande Punto
jacksb7
Getting There!
Drives: Polo GTI 6C

Post by jacksb7 »

Pavel wrote:Image

Some dick drove into me this morning. Annoying.

Jeez, that's not good mate. Hope it gets sorted ASAP, sure we've driven past one another three or four times in the last couple of weeks.
Wilxay
Silver Member

Post by Wilxay »

the_bakerboy3685 wrote:
Wilxay wrote:
the_bakerboy3685 wrote:Well finally got a tracker number after deciding I was being too polite not pestering my dealership for one!

Tracker and dealer confirmed my car is being built next week (I'm stage 3). Dealer said should be end of April or start of May delivery. Does that seem quite a long time if built next week or is that about right?
Yeah that seems like ages! My build week is next week too w/c 22nd. I'm hoping to be driving it by the end of March.
I guess we will see whose gets here first then! I heard it takes a month from built to the dealership so I thought my dealer was being over cautios but we will see.

Think end of March might be tight but I be glad if your right. What spec is yours?
Flash Red 5 door manual
Serron alloys
Car net app
Winter pack
Armrest
Parking pack

Cannot wait to feel that power after coming from a 1.2 TSI Rline
Pavel
Getting There!
Drives: MK8 GTI

Post by Pavel »

jacksb7 wrote:Jeez, that's not good mate. Hope it gets sorted ASAP, sure we've driven past one another three or four times in the last couple of weeks.
Is yours silk blue? If so we have!

Repairer has picked it up already so shouldn't be too long before I get it back hopefully. Got a Golf TDI til then.

Bear
Getting There!
Drives: 2016 GTI

Post by Bear »

Must be something in the air, only picked mine up yesterday and already some moron has left a nice dent in the side of it :cry:
Dink
Platinum Member
Drives: 2015 GTI

Post by Dink »

Shark00n wrote:I'm going to pick up my Polo soon. It's been at VW since monday to fix a few things:
-multimedia system crashes randomly, freezing at the GTI screen and no sound would come out. They told me they weren't able to replicate it so I should record a video next time it happens.
-excessive wind noise coming from the upper door frames over 50mph on anything but the smoothest tarmac. Does anyone else get this?? This car at 180kph is noisier than my old Grande Punto
I had a noise coming from the horn/airbag that sounded like a loose connector.

I'm still getting problems with the stereo.

I get the wind noise on the drivers door. I keep checking to see if the window is fully closed.
jacksb7
Getting There!
Drives: Polo GTI 6C

Post by jacksb7 »

Pavel wrote:
jacksb7 wrote:Jeez, that's not good mate. Hope it gets sorted ASAP, sure we've driven past one another three or four times in the last couple of weeks.
Is yours silk blue? If so we have!

Repairer has picked it up already so shouldn't be too long before I get it back hopefully. Got a Golf TDI til then.

Yes it is indeed. Glad to hear that progress has already been made.
Shark00n
Bronze Member

Post by Shark00n »

Dink wrote:
Shark00n wrote:I'm going to pick up my Polo soon. It's been at VW since monday to fix a few things:

I get the wind noise on the drivers door. I keep checking to see if the window is fully closed.
Well they fixed my steering noise and brake noise.
They said they tuned the doors but I still get buffeting over bumps. Maybe it's design but I'm not used to it...

What problems are you having with the stereo? Mine freezes at the GTI screen but it's only happened twice.
Andy4791
Silver Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2015

Re: RE: Re: New GTI

Post by Andy4791 »

Shark00n wrote:
Dink wrote:

They said they tuned the doors but I still get buffeting over bumps. Maybe it's design but I'm not used to it...

What problems are you having with the stereo? Mine freezes at the GTI screen but it's only happened twice.
What noise are the doors making over bumps, a creaking sound?
the_bakerboy3685
Getting There!
Drives: 2016 Polo 6C GTI

Post by the_bakerboy3685 »

Wilxay wrote:
the_bakerboy3685 wrote:
Wilxay wrote:
Yeah that seems like ages! My build week is next week too w/c 22nd. I'm hoping to be driving it by the end of March.
I guess we will see whose gets here first then! I heard it takes a month from built to the dealership so I thought my dealer was being over cautios but we will see.

Think end of March might be tight but I be glad if your right. What spec is yours?
Flash Red 5 door manual
Serron alloys
Car net app
Winter pack
Armrest
Parking pack

Same colour and number of doors as me then except I've gone for DSG. Be interesting to see if they arrive same time being the same build week.

I did have a Fiesta ST but sold it so while I'm waiting for the GTI I'm driving my girlfriends Ka that's a 1.2. The Polo is gonna feel a lot faster when it finally comes!
duffman
Bronze Member

Post by duffman »

Wilxay wrote:
the_bakerboy3685 wrote:
Wilxay wrote:

Flash Red 5 door manual
Serron alloys
Car net app
Winter pack
Armrest
Parking pack

Must be the only one to have the different alloys, intruiged to see how they look
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

duffman wrote:
Must be the only one to have the different alloys, intruiged to see how they look
I'm also having Serron alloys on mine. Didn't fancy cleaning all those spokes on the standard Parabolica alloys! Pick mine up on 1st March;

5 door manual
Blue Silk
Serron alloys
Sports performance pack
Convenience pack
Parking pack
Climate Control
Shark00n
Bronze Member

Post by Shark00n »

Andy4791 wrote:
Shark00n wrote:
Dink wrote:

What noise are the doors making over bumps, a creaking sound?
I get a slight creaking sound (from chassis torsion I assume) when I go over big inclines like exiting my buildings garage. But I wasn't talking about those.
The noise I'm talking about is a buffeting sound coming from the upper window sills on both doors. Maybe I'm just not used to a 3 door car with such heavy doors but my old punto dis no creaking sounds in my garage nor buffeting doors. I also have a '72 Alfa Romeo that has none of these issues.
VW said they 'tuned' the door mounts but I don't notice much difference.
I'm just glad to have my little beast back! 5 days with a 1.2 ibiza with 68bhp and I was pulling my hair xD
Andy4791
Silver Member

Post by Andy4791 »

Gummi Pflege on the doors seals stops creaking from body flex