Ice on inside of windscreen - VW design flaw or fault?

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Mart!n-GTI-DK
Platinum Member
Drives: '14 Polo BlueGT

Re: Ice on inside of windscreen - VW design flaw or fault?

Post by Mart!n-GTI-DK »

tomtoon2015 wrote:Sounds like a common issues with VAG's then. Have to monitor it and see what happens
I have never heard about this in any new or old VAG's...
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

tomtoon2015 wrote:Sounds like a common issues with VAG's then. Have to monitor it and see what happens
More importantly, keep your AC switched on.
Ricmondo
Gold Member
Drives: Polo Blue GT

Post by Ricmondo »

Not just VAG. I've experienced interior screen icing on just about every car I've owned since 1963. There was one notable exception, that didn't have a windscreen so your goggles iced up instead together, in my case, with your beard.
tomtoon2015
Bronze Member
Drives: 2015 blueGT

Post by tomtoon2015 »

Happened twice again this week... Booked into VW from Thursday for two days...

When I'm applying gentle pressure to brake pressure it keeps squeaking as well...
iptsoe
New
Drives: Polo SE 1.2 TSI

Post by iptsoe »

tomtoon2015 wrote:Happened twice again this week... Booked into VW from Thursday for two days...

When I'm applying gentle pressure to brake pressure it keeps squeaking as well...

We noticed a hell of a lot of condensation on the windscreen each morning over the Autumn, so when the car was last booked it to have the squeaking brakes sorted we had them address this condensation issue, touch wood the condensation/interior freezing issue hasn't reoccurred but the squeaking brakes is starting to come back.

The excuse they gave for the moisture was dampness in the seat bases(I know for a fact these were bone dry)

And the repair for the brakes was - anti squeak spray! They must think we're all morons!
tomtoon2015
Bronze Member
Drives: 2015 blueGT

Post by tomtoon2015 »

VW said they couldn't find any issues.. Not had the icing issue for two weeks though..

They said boot was slightly open. Odd as I very rarely use it.. And why was there no warning light? Apparently if it's slight there is no light! Helpful, not!

The brakes they couldn't find an issue, but it's when you are braking gently or stopping the car from moving (if that makes sense as its a DSG they move unless brake is being pressed)
LPUK
New
Drives: VW Golf 1.4

Post by LPUK »

I have a Golf 12 plate and my windscreen has been icing up over a year ago on the inside. I had the VW garage check it out and they couldn't find any leaks or problems so couldn't help. It is a real pain, especially in Winter .... end up having to scrape outside and inside of car several times a day. Very disappointing to experience this on a car just over 3 years old....