New GTI

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Andy4791
Silver Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2015

Re: RE: Re: New GTI

Post by Andy4791 »

forevertom wrote:Picked my GTI up this morning. Only driven 10 miles or so back from the garage but so far very impressed with it. Build quality is in a different league to my old Fiesta ST and it feels just as quick. Really glad I went for it and haven't stopped smiling since the covers were taken off it earlier! :D
Nice one m8, yeah overall they excellent little cars. Quiet and comfortable when you need it to be but a beast when you don't lol. Enjoy. [emoji106]
forevertom
New
Drives: GTI

Re: New GTI

Post by forevertom »

Thanks Andy. I can see myself keeping the Polo for a while. Apart from something with more power I don't know what more I could want from a car really. Looking forward to its first proper outing on the weekend
Andy4791
Silver Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2015

Post by Andy4791 »

forevertom wrote:Thanks Andy. I can see myself keeping the Polo for a while. Apart from something with more power I don't know what more I could want from a car really. Looking forward to its first proper outing on the weekend
Yeah took mine out on the twisties the weekend as my week is frustratingly stuck around town, cleared out the cobwebs. Anything your wondering or unsure about then there's plenty on this thread and forum who know plenty.
the_bakerboy3685
Getting There!
Drives: 2016 Polo 6C GTI

Post by the_bakerboy3685 »

Going to sign the finance documents for mine this afternoon. Fingers crossed I might be able to pick it up Saturday. It's arrived at the dealer now!

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
Deejbb
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo GTi 6R

Post by Deejbb »

andy_gdon wrote:Anyone else got springs on yet? With pictures?

Also, how hard is the gti logo part on the key to change? My mk7 golf gti one arrived today :)
I put some H&R springs on a while ago and posted pics, did you see them? If not I can post the pics again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Timmsy
Getting There!
Drives: 2016 Polo GTI

Post by Timmsy »

forevertom wrote:Picked my GTI up this morning. Only driven 10 miles or so back from the garage but so far very impressed with it. Build quality is in a different league to my old Fiesta ST and it feels just as quick. Really glad I went for it and haven't stopped smiling since the covers were taken off it earlier! :D

This makes me happy! I wasnt so sure i'd ordered the right car out of the two but quite looking forward to the Polo now :)
Shark00n
Bronze Member
Drives: GTI 6C

Post by Shark00n »

Also, how hard is the gti logo part on the key to change? My mk7 golf gti one arrived today :)
Can you post a link where to get it from?
Wilxay
Silver Member

Post by Wilxay »

I've had confirmation that my car is on the City of Paris! It's currently lurking outside the dock at Grimsby. I've noticed that nearly all boats do this at Grimsby. Probably due to space in the docking areas. But it's good news after the day I've had!
Fox1429
Getting There!

Post by Fox1429 »

I had an update that I was at 5a on 01/03.
Not sure how long it normally takes to get to the dealers from this point.
I have sent a Twitter message to @VWUKHelp to see if they can advise me on which ship will be transporting but nothing back yet.

How long have new owners experienced from 5a to pick up?
Wilxay
Silver Member

Post by Wilxay »

I've been on 5a since 25/02 and my car is just about to be dropped off at Grimsby. the_bakerboy3685 was on 5a from the same date but he is picking up as soon as the weekend (12/3)
Fox1429
Getting There!

Post by Fox1429 »

Cheers
JackM_24
Getting There!
Drives: Soon to be 2015 Polo GTI

Post by JackM_24 »

Replacement engine arrived this afternoon, does anyone know if this will end up on the log book and affect future value? Kind of odd that my warranty work was due to be done today given that they already have the car, they say the brakes are fine (not sure how given they can't drive it!) instrument cluster replaced though, they reckon I should be able to pick it up tomorrow night. Not a bad turn around really.
rm55mcc
Silver Member
Drives: Polo 1.4

Post by rm55mcc »

Shark00n wrote:

Can you post a link where to get it from?

Yes post link or pick plz.. [emoji106][emoji106]
forevertom
New

Post by forevertom »

Does anyone suffer from condensation on the inside of their headlights? Noticed quite a bit of it on the passenger side earlier today.

Also had a surprise when I changed gear earlier and it didn't deactivate the cruise control. Used to on my ST and other cars I have driven but guess this is just a VW thing.

I have the squeaky breaks at low speed too!

Thanks,
Tom
the_bakerboy3685
Getting There!
Drives: 2016 Polo 6C GTI

Post by the_bakerboy3685 »

Wilxay wrote:I've been on 5a since 25/02 and my car is just about to be dropped off at Grimsby. the_bakerboy3685 was on 5a from the same date but he is picking up as soon as the weekend (12/3)
Think I was quite fortunate as mine came into Sheerness in Kent and I'm in Essex so not very far for it to come! Still hoping I can get it Sat but will find out tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk