New GTI

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
andy_gdon
Bronze Member
Drives: GTi

Re: New GTI

Post by andy_gdon »

Deejbb wrote:
andy_gdon wrote:Anyone else got springs on yet? With pictures?

Also, how hard is the gti logo part on the key to change? My mk7 golf gti one arrived today :)
I put some H&R springs on a while ago and posted pics, did you see them? If not I can post the pics again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How has it settled?

Any recent pics?
andy_gdon
Bronze Member
Drives: GTi

Post by andy_gdon »

rm55mcc wrote:
Shark00n wrote:
andy_gdon wrote:Anyone else got springs on yet? With pictures?

Also, how hard is the gti logo part on the key to change? My mk7 golf gti one arrived today :)
Can you post a link where to get it from?

Yes post link or pick plz.. [emoji106][emoji106]
http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-VW-GOLF ... nav=SEARCH

Bought on Sunday, arrived Tuesday
Wilxay
Silver Member

Post by Wilxay »

JackM_24 wrote:Got the sweet beast back today, another period of running in :/ at least it'll be nicely loosened up when the sun decides to make an appearance!
How do you mean running in? Do Volkswagen recommend that you do?
JackM_24
Getting There!
Drives: Soon to be 2015 Polo GTI

Post by JackM_24 »

I was told not to hammer it for the first 500 and then gradually boot it a bit more, though I understand most engines now-a-days are generally ok once they've warmed up and don't need as much care for the first few thousand as they once did.
the_bakerboy3685
Getting There!
Drives: 2016 Polo 6C GTI

Post by the_bakerboy3685 »

Well today I finally got to pick her up. Fantastic service from the dealer Inchcape Romford. Done about 40 miles so far and I can already tell it's a fantastic little car. So smooth and easy to drive, the DSG gearbox is incredible. Will have some fun in sport mode with the paddles after I've run it in a bit, for now I'm happy cruising around in D!

Some pics from collection to parked up at home.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
Attachments
uploadfromtaptalk1457798253235.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1457798253235.jpg (166.97 KiB) Viewed 2157 times
uploadfromtaptalk1457798243331.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1457798243331.jpg (103.18 KiB) Viewed 2157 times
uploadfromtaptalk1457798230127.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1457798230127.jpg (70.68 KiB) Viewed 2157 times
Andy4791
Silver Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2015

Re: RE: Re: New GTI

Post by Andy4791 »

the_bakerboy3685 wrote:Well today I finally got to pick her up. Fantastic service from the dealer Inchcape Romford. Done about 40 miles so far and I can already tell it's a fantastic little car. So smooth and easy to drive, the DSG gearbox is incredible. Will have some fun in sport mode with the paddles after I've run it in a bit, for now I'm happy cruising around in D!

Some pics from collection to parked up at home.

[img]http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160312/314a9b6b01a87cae8d03eff6bab79d47.jpg[/img]

[img]http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160312/d01d6b836b739692904eea6f6900f331.jpg[/img]

[img]http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160312/4605304fdbb404458fde4278f1aea55e.jpg[/img]

Snap m8 [emoji1]
Andy4791
Silver Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2015

Post by Andy4791 »

Gave mine a good clean today. ImageImageImage
J-VW
New
Drives: POLO GTI DSG Ordered

Post by J-VW »

andy_gdon wrote:
rm55mcc wrote:
Shark00n wrote: Can you post a link where to get it from?

Yes post link or pick plz.. [emoji106][emoji106]
http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-VW-GOLF ... nav=SEARCH

Bought on Sunday, arrived Tuesday
Nice one Andy just ordered one from that link
Penarth Blues
Bronze Member
Drives: 2015 Polo GTI 5 door Black M6

Post by Penarth Blues »

I still can't get over how versatile this car is.

At the one extreme I've had four adults and their luggage in it for a long weekend involving a wedding and it still returned 38.6 mpg over a mixture of motorway and A-roads. It was acceptably comfortable and amazingly entertaining with the non-drivers taking it in turns to stream music through the stereo.

At the other extreme it's a pocket rocket that goes where you point it and will keep up with most things in real life driving, and embarrass a few others who weren't expecting that turn of pace. It's also perfect for urban life in terms of parking and manoeuvrability.

I'm sure there will be tears at some stage but right now, on balance, it's the most entertaining and practical car I have ever owned. The only one that runs it close was an original Volvo S60 T2.0 which was supremely comfortable and had the best stereo I've ever heard in a car - in fact I bought the car because of the stereo and came to appreciate the seats, engine and practicality later. However it didn't bring a smile to my face as often as this little GTi does.
JackM_24
Getting There!
Drives: Soon to be 2015 Polo GTI

Post by JackM_24 »

Wasn't until today that I found out just how good the XDS system is, I nearly missed my exit on the dual carriage way, the turn off can only be described as a very sharp bend, that doubles back on itself, I've only really taken it at 30 tops, took it at 45, car didn't break a sweat, might as well have been on rails and didn't break traction when accelerating out either. One of those moments when you think 'wow' :D
forevertom
New
Drives: GTI

Post by forevertom »

My first proper day with the car today and I am so pleased. About 100 miles of driving on A and B roads and the car is great. Used sport mode for a little bit but the car is more than quick enough in normal mode. Plus I enjoy the comfort and quietness of normal. It was great with the weather today to drive along with the sunroof open. Not a single squeak or rattle from the interior and everything feels top quality. Didn't want to get out of it when I got home. Really does feel like a step up from the Fiesta ST. The Fiesta was a good car but not really me I don't think. I love the Polo to bits and it's been less than a week!
Penarth Blues
Bronze Member
Drives: 2015 Polo GTI 5 door Black M6

Post by Penarth Blues »

JackM_24 wrote:Wasn't until today that I found out just how good the XDS system is, I nearly missed my exit on the dual carriage way, the turn off can only be described as a very sharp bend, that doubles back on itself, I've only really taken it at 30 tops, took it at 45, car didn't break a sweat, might as well have been on rails and didn't break traction when accelerating out either. One of those moments when you think 'wow' :D
First time the XDS kicked in took me by surprise a bit as I was expecting the nose to run a bid wider than it did - I'm now warier of trying to hold the line too much on the inside corner as the car will do it for you when you're moving at pace. It's a little bit black magic at first and, along with the brakes, means the move back to other cars is a little weird. I have to keep reminding myself to brake sooner in my Civic GT-S...

Post by Guest »

That red sure looks sweet
Shark00n
Bronze Member
Drives: GTI 6C

Post by Shark00n »

That red sure looks sweet
the_bakerboy3685
Getting There!
Drives: 2016 Polo 6C GTI

Post by the_bakerboy3685 »

A quick silly question does the GTI have a dial where you can adjust the headlight height or is it automatic because my car doesn't seem to have the dial next to the headlights switch. I've got the convenience pack.