first car

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
isaaclimbrick
New
Drives: 14 plate polo 1.2 match 60

first car

Post by isaaclimbrick »

Hi,

I just received my first car off my parents it is a 2014 polo 1.2 match (60). As the car is quiet with its small 1.2 engine I was wondering if there was anything I could do to this specific model to make it sound a bit louder. Also I am looking for carbon trim like badges and interior panels if anyone has any knowledge of where to get some from.

Thanks Isaac
jacksb7
Getting There!
Drives: Polo GTI 6C

Re: first car

Post by jacksb7 »

My advice - and you probably won't want to hear it sorry - would be to keep your money and spend it on things for your next car. Ultimately, while first cars are loved and cherished, they do generally get the odd knock here or there even if you're a very accomplished driver - and you've already got a pretty cool first car in my opinion (my first car was a 12 year old mk4 Golf). Besides, in a year or two when you're looking at a faster car you'll want the cash to make alterations right away.
Timmsy
Getting There!
Drives: 2016 Polo GTI

Post by Timmsy »

Very good advice there!

I really regretted spending ££££ on my first car only for 2 years down the line be able to afford to insure and maintain something quicker but couldn't afford to buy anything decent as i'd spent far to much on my first car.
kurtbeyli
New
Drives: Polo 2015 Comfortline 1.2 TSI Bluemotion

first car

Post by kurtbeyli »

My advice is same with the above. I don't think that you should spend your money in that area. But if you really want it, you can get your last muffler removed from the car and get a straight piping in the exhaust system for a really loud engine sound. But I prefer middle muffler to be removed to get a more sport sound which is slightly quite than the other option. I have done this on my polo and some other cars and I think that you really don't want it. Because it's exhausting for the ears and after a while -especially if you go for long roads- it gives you headaches. My personal advice is get your air filter removed and install a open air filter. But if you don't know about the mechanics and piping, go to a mechanic, don't do it yourself, you can deal some serious damage in the engine. And you can get carbon trims, interior panels, stickers etc. on both aliexpress and eBay. Aliexpress is the cheaper option of course
Edit: typo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

Also bear in mind that if you were to modify your car, you need to declare the modifications to your insurer, and they may charge you an increased premium. As this is your first car, I'm assuming you are a young driver (apologies for making assumptions about your age!), so insurance is probably already a significant cost.