New GTI

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Quicksilver
Getting There!
Drives: 2016 Polo GTi DSG

Re: New GTI

Post by Quicksilver »

Fantastic pictures. That angry looking sky really sets the car off. Is that a genuine VW extra?
Deejbb
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo GTi 6R

Post by Deejbb »

duffman wrote:
Deejbb wrote:Am having a custom LongLife exhaust put on tomorrow so will take a video after if it's of any interest to anyone..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep definitely be interested in seeing that when you get chance, cheers!
ShaunP wrote:Took a trip up to Central London for a few pics. 2500 miles in now and still love it just as much as the day I picked it up.
Awesome pics mate, that's a great little location for a photoshoot!

Will try to get a video later but safe to say I'm very pleased with it, the car is so much better with some noise and you can really hear the turbo now!! Love it haha

Timmsy
Getting There!
Drives: 2016 Polo GTI

Post by Timmsy »

Where did you have it it done and how many £££ were there involved?
Deejbb
Bronze Member

New GTI

Post by Deejbb »

Timmsy wrote:Where did you have it it done and how many £££ were there involved?
Had it done by Top Gear in Watford, was going to be £375 but got a better deal paying cash so worth asking if you get in contact with them.. (That's for a stainless non resonated cat back)

gregmkv
New
Drives: 2016 Polo 6c GTI DSG

Post by gregmkv »

ShaunP wrote:Took a trip up to Central London for a few pics. 2500 miles in now and still love it just as much as the day I picked it up.

*snip*

Where is this??
Deejbb
Bronze Member

Post by Deejbb »

[img]http://puu.sh/nQ4Q4/a21d6a0f8c.jpg[/img]

[img]http://puu.sh/nQ4Sp/8b5b90587c.jpg[/img]

[img]http://puu.sh/nQ4TQ/1bfe36edbb.jpg[/img]
Nice pics, I've been off this week so would have joined you haha

Timmsy
Getting There!

Post by Timmsy »

Deejbb wrote:
Timmsy wrote:Where did you have it it done and how many £££ were there involved?
Had it done by Top Gear in Watford, was going to be £375 but got a better deal paying cash so worth asking if you get in contact with them.. (That's for a stainless non resonated cat back)

That's not bad going for a custom jobby. Let me know once you have pics or vid's of it.
ShaunP
Getting There!
Drives: 2015 1.8 GTI

Post by ShaunP »

Quicksilver wrote:Fantastic pictures. That angry looking sky really sets the car off. Is that a genuine VW extra?
Thanks, also thought the sky did a great job in making the car pop in the pics haha. Confused as to the VW extra bit? lol
gregmkv wrote:Where is this??
Opposite Canary Wharf (funnily enough) next door to the 02 arena, exit before entering Blackwall tunnel.

Deejbb wrote:
Nice pics, I've been off this week so would have joined you haha

Thanks, haha now that's something that would look pretty sweet.. Got to be done

Bigfish99
New
Drives: GTI DSG

Post by Bigfish99 »

Its been a long long wait, thought finally I got to pick my baby up this afternoon! I'm smitten, what can I say.... Pics to follow when its bright outside! One happy camper right here.
g7egt
New
Drives: Polo GTI

Post by g7egt »

Enjoy I am very impressed don't see what the journalists go on about, a really good quick hatch.
andy_gdon
Bronze Member
Drives: GTi

Post by andy_gdon »

rm55mcc wrote:
andy_gdon wrote:Ordered some low spec H&Rs today. Will let them settle in before doing some spacer measurements.

There is a local White gti on coil overs sporting some serious tuck but I'd be happy just removing some of the ridiculous arch clearance....whilst being drivable

We're u order them Andy? Does it lower it by much??
Sorry only seeing this now.

Lowers it 35/45

Order through a guy on rms who works for Euro car parts and gets discount
rm55mcc
Silver Member
Drives: Polo 1.4

Post by rm55mcc »

andy_gdon wrote:
rm55mcc wrote:
andy_gdon wrote:Ordered some low spec H&Rs today. Will let them settle in before doing some spacer measurements.

There is a local White gti on coil overs sporting some serious tuck but I'd be happy just removing some of the ridiculous arch clearance....whilst being drivable

We're u order them Andy? Does it lower it by much??
Sorry only seeing this now.

Lowers it 35/45

Order through a guy on rms who works for Euro car parts and gets discount[/quote

You think that will give it a good drop with out any rubbing??
Deejbb
Bronze Member

Post by Deejbb »

Timmsy wrote:
Deejbb wrote:

That's not bad going for a custom jobby. Let me know once you have pics or vid's of it.
Have made a quick video - it was filmed on an iPhone so audio isn't amazing.. It sounds much deeper in person but yeah gives an idea!

https://youtu.be/pZVOX6jRbVc

Let me know what you think.

Timmsy
Getting There!

Post by Timmsy »

Deejbb wrote:
Timmsy wrote:
Deejbb wrote:

Have made a quick video - it was filmed on an iPhone so audio isn't amazing.. It sounds much deeper in person but yeah gives an idea!

Sounds nice mate. Is it a dsg box? Have you tested it at steady speed, does it drone at all?
Deejbb
Bronze Member

Post by Deejbb »

Timmsy wrote:
Deejbb wrote:
Timmsy wrote:

Sounds nice mate. Is it a dsg box? Have you tested it at steady speed, does it drone at all?
Nope manual. As it's non resonated it does drone a little if you're accelerating at speed but if you're just cruising it isn't an issue.