New GTI

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Re: New GTI

Post by SRGTD »

Wilxay wrote:ImageImageImage

This is just a few I've taken after the paint has been 'rectified' by the dealer. Will be interesting to see what they do next
That's a shocking attempt at correcting the swirl marks. I'd press them on exactly what they did to get it looking like that.

As minefields has said, they'll have removed some of the clear coat if they've used a polish with a degree of 'cut', although looking at your pictures, it's what I'd expect a car in need of correction to look like before it's been polished, not after it's been done.

Assume you don't have access to a DA polisher - I'd guess not, otherwise you wouldn't have let the dealer correct the paintwork. If I were you, I'd try to get the dealer to agree to you getting your car professionally detailed, and they (the dealer) pay for it to be done.
Wilxay
Silver Member

Post by Wilxay »

That's a shocking attempt at correcting the swirl marks. I'd press them on exactly what they did to get it looking like that.

As minefields has said, they'll have removed some of the clear coat if they've used a polish with a degree of 'cut', although looking at your pictures, it's what I'd expect a car in need of correction to look like before it's been polished, not after it's been done.

Assume you don't have access to a DA polisher - I'd guess not, otherwise you wouldn't have let the dealer correct the paintwork. If I were you, I'd try to get the dealer to agree to you getting your car professionally detailed, and they (the dealer) pay for it to be done.
I'm not too worried about the clear coat because I'm not certain they actually did anything to rectify the swirls. I'm gonna hand their ass to them tomorrow
ac07
New
Drives: Polo GTi

Post by ac07 »

Stage 6 of 7 this morning :D

What's everyone's experience of delivery / collection from this stage?

I've ordered on lease so it will be being delivered to me.
g7egt
New
Drives: Polo GTI

Post by g7egt »

It needs a professional mopping.
Timmsy
Getting There!
Drives: 2016 Polo GTI

Post by Timmsy »

ac07 wrote:Stage 6 of 7 this morning :D

How did you find out what stage it's in through your lease company? Mine just keep telling me it's in 'transit' but i'd like to know if it's on the boat or off the boat etc, seems my lease company are sh*t at that bit
g7egt
New
Drives: Polo GTI

Post by g7egt »

Doesn't the owners area on the VW website show your order status.
Timmsy
Getting There!

Post by Timmsy »

g7egt wrote:Doesn't the owners area on the VW website show your order status.
Wouldn't know as I don't have a vw order number, only a lease company order number
ac07
New
Drives: Polo GTi

Post by ac07 »

Timmsy wrote:

How did you find out what stage it's in through your lease company? Mine just keep telling me it's in 'transit' but i'd like to know if it's on the boat or off the boat etc, seems my lease company are sh*t at that bit

I just asked them what my VW order number was so i could track the progress myself
yatsy
New

Post by yatsy »

i am on my 2nd gti since Feb first one was a dsg and I was given a gti man as a curtesy car so traded the dsg in and got a man one I should of got the man in the first place I found the extra torque noticeable straight away my advise is test drive both
Jimbo1
New
Drives: 6c gti on order

Post by Jimbo1 »

Timmsy wrote:

I think I'm going through the same company as you Timmsy, i ordered at the same time also. I'm in the same boat to the point that the lease company are not even replying to my emails!
I managed to find out a contact (through previous email forms) for the dealer the car is going to, I sent them an email and the dealer has told me its at the port in the uk (Wednesday) it will take 10days to get to them, then the lease company will contact me for delivery.

The lease company originally told me early March delivery. I don't mind delays but hate being given false information :(
Timmsy
Getting There!

Post by Timmsy »

Jimbo1 wrote:
Timmsy wrote:

I think I'm going through the same company as you Timmsy, i ordered at the same time also. I'm in the same boat to the point that the lease company are not even replying to my emails!
I managed to find out a contact (through previous email forms) for the dealer the car is going to, I sent them an email and the dealer has told me its at the port in the uk (Wednesday) it will take 10days to get to them, then the lease company will contact me for delivery.

The lease company originally told me early March delivery. I don't mind delays but hate being given false information :(
Same here pal. I was first told beginning of March then 21st of March and now I'm just being told it's in transit. Every time I've had to email them then follow it up with a call the next day.

I don't mind delays either but correct information would of been nice.

I'll see if I can find any clues as to the dealer that's supplying it in the emails I have :)
Wilxay
Silver Member

Post by Wilxay »

So it turns out they didn't do any correction work on my car! They only re-applied the lifeshine
Andy4791
Silver Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2015

Re: RE: Re: New GTI

Post by Andy4791 »

Wilxay wrote:So it turns out they didn't do any correction work on my car! They only re-applied the lifeshine
They obviously don't understand anything about paintwork. I'd b either pushing for an independent detailer to sort it or do yourself if u have or can get a DA
Wilxay
Silver Member

Post by Wilxay »

I have a DA so I could do it myself. Looking for some kind of reimbursement first though so I can afford to buy some form of protection. Then I need to find time to do it because I don't really have access to any workshop environment.
Andy4791
Silver Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2015

Post by Andy4791 »

A decent proper polish to remove the swirls topped with something like autoglym HD wax is wat I use, wouldn't bother with this lifetime stuff