New GTI

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
GavinW
New
Drives: MY15 Polo GTi / MY10 R35 GTR

Re: New GTI

Post by GavinW »

When I collected mine, I took it straight round to the petrol station filled up and pressed the trip reset.....The button was solid and wouldn't depress.

I was driving the other day and I heard a little click from the dash. I noticed the reset button had popped up higher than usual. I pressed it and it operated absolutely perfect in and out.

I've tried it a few times since and its working as normal now.
nats148
Bronze Member
Drives: 2015 1.8 GTI - Golf Anniversary

Post by nats148 »

Scott Bounce wrote:Am I the only one who's never pressed the trip button?
It annoyed the hell out of me not being able to do it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Deejbb
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo GTi 6R

Post by Deejbb »

GavinW wrote:When I collected mine, I took it straight round to the petrol station filled up and pressed the trip reset.....The button was solid and wouldn't depress.

I was driving the other day and I heard a little click from the dash. I noticed the reset button had popped up higher than usual. I pressed it and it operated absolutely perfect in and out.

I've tried it a few times since and its working as normal now.
Same thing happened to me, it got stuck in for a few weeks and then popped out. Worked ok for a while but then stuck in again so just got it replaced
Deejbb
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo GTi 6R

Post by Deejbb »

Scott Bounce wrote:Am I the only one who's never pressed the trip button?
I only pressed it to check after seeing the issues people on here had been having and surprise surprise mine got stuck in!
Shark00n
Bronze Member
Drives: GTI 6C

Post by Shark00n »

Is that the 0/0 SET button?
I presses mine with no issues. I have been pressing it sometimes and no problems
the_bakerboy3685
Getting There!
Drives: 2016 Polo 6C GTI

Post by the_bakerboy3685 »

My reset button seems to be ok so far (touch wood), I always press it gently after hearing so many people have problems on here!

I keep meaning to look in the manual but forget, what does the button next to it do with the two squares and a little clock on?
Andy4791
Silver Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2015

Post by Andy4791 »

Think u can set the time there, use the touch screen tho lol as can do on there too
jb182
New
Drives: Bluegt 2015

Post by jb182 »

Timmsy wrote:
jb182 wrote:
andy_gdon wrote:
I'd love to retro fit the carnet app. Do you have any details on how to do this?
I can totally relate to wanting to retrofit CarPlay, I wanted it straight after picking my bluegt up.

After some research and conversations with the local dealer, they can retrofit this for around £200, I have ordered this and it is due to be installed this coming Tuesday. If you want any pictures once it's been "activated" let me know and I will post some up. :-)
Let me know how it goes! I'm really tempted to have it activated as soon as mine arrives. Pictures etc would be great
Unfortunately the dealer failed at doing this today, Apparently there was an issue uploading the software, and suddenly back tracked saying it's now not compatible. I am obviously arguing this with them so will see what happens, but for now no CarPlay.

They also scratched the rear window while at it!
Andy4791
Silver Member

Re: RE: Re: New GTI

Post by Andy4791 »

jb182 wrote:
Timmsy wrote:
jb182 wrote:
I can totally relate to wanting to retrofit CarPlay, I wanted it straight after picking my bluegt up.

After some research and conversations with the local dealer, they can retrofit this for around £200, I have ordered this and it is due to be installed this coming Tuesday. If you want any pictures once it's been "activated" let me know and I will post some up. :-)
Let me know how it goes! I'm really tempted to have it activated as soon as mine arrives. Pictures etc would be great
Unfortunately the dealer failed at doing this today, Apparently there was an issue uploading the software, and suddenly back tracked saying it's now not compatible. I am obviously arguing this with them so will see what happens, but for now no CarPlay.

Oh man, how they scratch window uploading software? Buffoons
jb182
New

Post by jb182 »

Andy4791 wrote:
jb182 wrote:
Timmsy wrote:

Oh man, how they scratch window uploading software? Buffoons
I can only assume they did it during the free courtesy wash... Not the first time they've done it either!
Andy4791
Silver Member

Post by Andy4791 »

Always tell em not to wash, I've seen their efforts b4
nats148
Bronze Member
Drives: 2015 1.8 GTI - Golf Anniversary

Re: RE: Re: New GTI

Post by nats148 »

Andy4791 wrote:Always tell em not to wash, I've seen their efforts b4
Dropped it off dirty - forgot to tell them don't wash, came back dirty.

Cleaned it the night before dropping it off last week and they washed it! Argh!

Not used to having a car go into stealers so this whole courtesy wash is something I don't normally think about.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Post by alexperkins »

Courtesy wash with a sponge that washes paintwork after wheels :evil:
jb182
New

Post by jb182 »

alexperkins wrote:Courtesy wash with a sponge that washes paintwork after wheels :evil:

Probably something like that, would expect they've probably dropped the sponge a couple of times on the floor not washed the grit out before using it again.
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Post by alexperkins »

I would put it almost as bad as the supermarket hand car washes lol

It's fairly hard to scratch glass mind you