New GTI

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
JackM_24
Getting There!
Drives: Soon to be 2015 Polo GTI

Re: New GTI

Post by JackM_24 »

Well car was in again today for clock reset again, only this time they've managed to decode the keys and apparently their systems are down so I have a 1.0 tsi courtesy car, it's got a dsg box and my God does it shift for such a tiny motor. Actually astounded by how smooth it is
Norfolk Boy
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo Gti

Post by Norfolk Boy »

SRGTD wrote:
the_bakerboy3685 wrote:Well I am upto 750 miles in mine having owned for 1 month today, that will settle down as the year goes on as I have been busy at the moment with a hobby of mine so been back and forth a lot.

Still love the car but on the long term trip computer my average MPG is only 33.8 which is a bit lower than I was expecting. My ST used to get 36-37 and the Polo is supposed to be more efficient, I have the DSG too.

Is it still early days or are others finding it a bit thirsty too? I haven't been driving it like a loon much either as always believe you should run a car in for at least 500 miles, had a bit of fun in sport mode a week ago for first time but that's about all!

Also I saw a new Black 16 plate Polo GTI in Brentwood, Essex last night, the first one other than mine that I have seen, anyone on here?
Bakerboy, I've had mine 6 weeks and have done just under 1,000 miles. Petrol tank was getting low yesterday (I rarely run it low enough for the warning light to come on) so I filled the tank to the brim, and manually calculated my fuel consumption, as I know the fuel computer can be a little optimistic - it was in my mk6 Golf, anyway.

In the 305 miles I'd travelled since I'd filled up previously, which was a mix of roughly 25% town driving and 75% longer 'A' road journeys, I'd averaged 35.5 mpg. The car's fuel computer was indicating just over 37 mpg, so it was optimistic by about 5%. I also don't 'drive like a loon'; I'm too old for that sort of thing these days :lol:, and the roads I usually travel on don't let me anyway, due to the time of day and volume of traffic.

I've also not seen many GTI's in Norfolk (not seen Norfolk Boy yet, who's on this forum). I'd only seen a couple before I got mine - one blue and one black - and one white one since I got mine. I think it's nice driving something that seems to be quite exclusive!
The only one I have seen in Norfolk is a white three door in the early hours in Norwich when I drive to work. I average 40 mpg with a mix of urgent and lazy driving! There is someone else who has an mx5 and a Polo GTI I have seen on the mx5 owners site!
d7lan
New
Drives: Awaiting delivery of 6C GTI 5dr

Post by d7lan »

I work near Inch VW in Bathgate and drive past every day - its where I ordered mine.

So far this week there are two lucky new GTI owners. One silver, one black.

Makes me wish mine was arriving sooner!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Reebx3
New
Drives: Polo

Post by Reebx3 »

d7lan wrote:I work near Inch VW in Bathgate and drive past every day - its where I ordered mine.

Have also ordered mines from Inch Bathgate too!
Can't wait for mines to arrive, when is urs due in?
yatsy
New

Post by yatsy »

Any one running the revo intake off the Audi s1
d7lan
New

Re: RE: Re: New GTI

Post by d7lan »

Reebx3 wrote:
d7lan wrote:I work near Inch VW in Bathgate and drive past every day - its where I ordered mine.

Build week is next week, w/c 18th April. So i have been told by the salesman to expect it ready for collection the 2nd week of May (all going well). You?

deanjohnl
New
Drives: Mk4 Golf GTI

Post by deanjohnl »

Seen a white Polo GTI on Callaghan Square in Cardiff, yesterday. Anyone on here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reebx3
New
Drives: Polo

Post by Reebx3 »

d7lan wrote:
Reebx3 wrote:

Build week is next week, w/c 18th April. So i have been told by the salesman to expect it ready for collection the 2nd week of May (all going well). You?

Got build week for w/c 25th Apr so hopfully end of may! Barely seen any until I ordered mine now seen one at least everyday!
Monty
New
Drives: Polo GTI 6C

Post by Monty »

d7lan wrote:
Reebx3 wrote:

I have the same build date: "week commencing 18/04/2016"

New: Polo GTI 1.8 TSI 192PS 6-speed Manual 3 Door
Colour: Flat black
Upholstery: Jacara cloth

Add on(s):

VW Satellite Navigation
VW Arm rest:

No Sport Button :o

If my car gets delivered and ready to pick up 2nd week in May, i'll be over the moon.
LegoDeano
Getting There!
Drives: Polo GTI+ / Limestone Grey

Post by LegoDeano »

Same build week as you guys too! Would be chuffed with a second week delivery in May. What are you guys doing with taking delivery of the car? I'm tempted to get them to keep all the 'wrapping' as such on and sort it all out myself at home?
d7lan
New

Post by d7lan »

He did say 2nd week May was a little bit ambitious but fingers crossed.

Having read on here the stories about dealer prep I was a little apprehensive. I am still half-considering getting it detailed but to be honest I think I will just take delivery and not worry about it. 99% of the people who see the car won't notice anything amiss and if it is bothering me that much I will give it some attention in my own time.

Scott Bounce
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo 6C GTi

Post by Scott Bounce »

yatsy wrote:Any one running the revo intake off the Audi s1
There's a guy on one of the Facebook pages doing a custom ITG one, I'm more tempted to go for that one.
Monty
New
Drives: Polo GTI 6C

Post by Monty »

Scott Bounce wrote:
yatsy wrote:Any one running the revo intake off the Audi s1
There's a guy on one of the Facebook pages doing a custom ITG one, I'm more tempted to go for that one.
Could you link that i'd like to have a look?
ShaunP
Getting There!
Drives: 2015 1.8 GTI

Post by ShaunP »

LegoDeano wrote:Morning guys!

Literally sat and read a good 50+ pages of this forum yesterday and decided to sign up this morning.

Ordered up a Polo GTI towards the end of Feb (I think! Times been a blur!) and it's due to start it's build w/c 18th April, so next week! Really looking forward to picking the car up when it's ready and after reading everything on here it's only getting me more excited. I'll be sure to push that reset button though to see if it sticks :lol: .

I've ordered mine up with the following spec:

Polo GTI - 3 Door
DSG
Parabolica Wheels
Solid Black (Non-Metallic)
Standard Jacara Cloth Interior
Front Arm Rest
Convenience Pack
Parking Pack
Winter Pack
Discover Navigation System
aaaaaaaand Sports Pack

Oh and free proper mats :D

Haven't seen many about near Gatwick, saw a white one going into Tesco's one and other than that the only other one I've seen is the white one I test drove. Must be some more lurking about? Looking forward to getting rid of my A220.
Local to Gatwick then? I collected my new GTI back in Feb from Crawley VW. I'm 2 minutes from Gatwick Airport myself and have seen a handful about, will be good to have another one in the area!
GeorgeS78
New
Drives: Polo 9N3 soon to be 6C GTI

Post by GeorgeS78 »

ShaunP wrote:
LegoDeano wrote:Morning guys!

Literally sat and read a good 50+ pages of this forum yesterday and decided to sign up this morning.

Ordered up a Polo GTI towards the end of Feb (I think! Times been a blur!) and it's due to start it's build w/c 18th April, so next week! Really looking forward to picking the car up when it's ready and after reading everything on here it's only getting me more excited. I'll be sure to push that reset button though to see if it sticks :lol: .

I've ordered mine up with the following spec:

Polo GTI - 3 Door
DSG
Parabolica Wheels
Solid Black (Non-Metallic)
Standard Jacara Cloth Interior
Front Arm Rest
Convenience Pack
Parking Pack
Winter Pack
Discover Navigation System
aaaaaaaand Sports Pack

Oh and free proper mats :D

Haven't seen many about near Gatwick, saw a white one going into Tesco's one and other than that the only other one I've seen is the white one I test drove. Must be some more lurking about? Looking forward to getting rid of my A220.
Local to Gatwick then? I collected my new GTI back in Feb from Crawley VW. I'm 2 minutes from Gatwick Airport myself and have seen a handful about, will be good to have another one in the area!
I'm also fairly local, I'm in Crawley and mines just got into the uk at last, should be picking it up on the 31st.