New GTI

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
smithcity
New
Drives: 2016 GTI

Re: New GTI

Post by smithcity »

Ordered mine in mid-March and was told it would be 10 or 11 weeks which would've been the end of May for collection but I spoke to my salesman earlier this week and he said the build completion date is w/c 17th and it should be ready by the end of this month, cannot wait!
minefields
New
Drives: 2016 polo gti

Post by minefields »

smithcity wrote:Ordered mine in mid-March and was told it would be 10 or 11 weeks which would've been the end of May for collection but I spoke to my salesman earlier this week and he said the build completion date is w/c 17th and it should be ready by the end of this month, cannot wait!
That sounds fast, mine was built on the 25th of March and mine still hasn't got into the UK yet, although I except it any day now. Since the 25th my status has stayed the same on stage 5a, I think I may have to phone the garage to see where it is tomorrow.
smithcity
New

Post by smithcity »

minefields wrote:
smithcity wrote:Ordered mine in mid-March and was told it would be 10 or 11 weeks which would've been the end of May for collection but I spoke to my salesman earlier this week and he said the build completion date is w/c 17th and it should be ready by the end of this month, cannot wait!
That sounds fast, mine was built on the 25th of March and mine still hasn't got into the UK yet, although I except it any day now. Since the 25th my status has stayed the same on stage 5a, I think I may have to phone the garage to see where it is tomorrow.
Have you put quite a few options on it? Only a couple of basic ones on mine like Apple CarPlay and cruise control (do a lot of M1 driving = average speed cameras)
minefields
New

Post by minefields »

smithcity wrote:
minefields wrote:
Have you put quite a few options on it? Only a couple of basic ones on mine like Apple CarPlay and cruise control (do a lot of M1 driving = average speed cameras)
Nope, mine is a 3 door manual in white with carplay and the cruise and park pack, that's all
LegoDeano
Getting There!
Drives: Polo GTI+ / Limestone Grey

Post by LegoDeano »

ShaunP wrote:
LegoDeano wrote:Morning guys!

Literally sat and read a good 50+ pages of this forum yesterday and decided to sign up this morning.

Ordered up a Polo GTI towards the end of Feb (I think! Times been a blur!) and it's due to start it's build w/c 18th April, so next week! Really looking forward to picking the car up when it's ready and after reading everything on here it's only getting me more excited. I'll be sure to push that reset button though to see if it sticks :lol: .

I've ordered mine up with the following spec:

Polo GTI - 3 Door
DSG
Parabolica Wheels
Solid Black (Non-Metallic)
Standard Jacara Cloth Interior
Front Arm Rest
Convenience Pack
Parking Pack
Winter Pack
Discover Navigation System
aaaaaaaand Sports Pack

Oh and free proper mats :D

Haven't seen many about near Gatwick, saw a white one going into Tesco's one and other than that the only other one I've seen is the white one I test drove. Must be some more lurking about? Looking forward to getting rid of my A220.
Local to Gatwick then? I collected my new GTI back in Feb from Crawley VW. I'm 2 minutes from Gatwick Airport myself and have seen a handful about, will be good to have another one in the area!
Yep - work a couple of minutes from Gatwick myself but live just outside of Crawley. What colour is yours? Will try and keep an eye out! Saw another black one at the weekend going down past the cinema towards Ifield way. Build week is this week according to the tracker so hoping to see some movement!
ShaunP
Getting There!
Drives: 2015 1.8 GTI

Post by ShaunP »

LegoDeano wrote:
ShaunP wrote:
LegoDeano wrote:Morning guys!

Literally sat and read a good 50+ pages of this forum yesterday and decided to sign up this morning.

Ordered up a Polo GTI towards the end of Feb (I think! Times been a blur!) and it's due to start it's build w/c 18th April, so next week! Really looking forward to picking the car up when it's ready and after reading everything on here it's only getting me more excited. I'll be sure to push that reset button though to see if it sticks :lol: .

I've ordered mine up with the following spec:

Polo GTI - 3 Door
DSG
Parabolica Wheels
Solid Black (Non-Metallic)
Standard Jacara Cloth Interior
Front Arm Rest
Convenience Pack
Parking Pack
Winter Pack
Discover Navigation System
aaaaaaaand Sports Pack

Oh and free proper mats :D

Haven't seen many about near Gatwick, saw a white one going into Tesco's one and other than that the only other one I've seen is the white one I test drove. Must be some more lurking about? Looking forward to getting rid of my A220.
Local to Gatwick then? I collected my new GTI back in Feb from Crawley VW. I'm 2 minutes from Gatwick Airport myself and have seen a handful about, will be good to have another one in the area!
Yep - work a couple of minutes from Gatwick myself but live just outside of Crawley. What colour is yours? Will try and keep an eye out! Saw another black one at the weekend going down past the cinema towards Ifield way. Build week is this week according to the tracker so hoping to see some movement!
Oh right so you're local then! Black funnily enough [emoji1] It's on a private reg as well, may have been me I was over in that area then haha. Yep next few weeks are the longest though! Starts to drag knowing its on its way lol
LegoDeano
Getting There!

Post by LegoDeano »

ShaunP wrote:
LegoDeano wrote:
ShaunP wrote:
Oh right so you're local then! Black funnily enough [emoji1] It's on a private reg as well, may have been me I was over in that area then haha. Yep next few weeks are the longest though! Starts to drag knowing its on its way lol
Haha yep! In the meantime if you spot a black Mercedes A220 (haven't actually seen an A220 among all the A classes about) you'll know who it is. I'll keep an eye out for the private reg! Can't wait for it to arrive.
ShaunP
Getting There!
Drives: 2015 1.8 GTI

Post by ShaunP »

LegoDeano wrote:
ShaunP wrote:
LegoDeano wrote:
Haha yep! In the meantime if you spot a black Mercedes A220 (haven't actually seen an A220 among all the A classes about) you'll know who it is. I'll keep an eye out for the private reg! Can't wait for it to arrive.
Haha funnily enough the only a220 I see around is my mate who owns one 64 reg in White. I'll keep my eyes open! What spec did you go for?
smithcity
New

Post by smithcity »

minefields wrote:
smithcity wrote:
minefields wrote:
Nope, mine is a 3 door manual in white with carplay and the cruise and park pack, that's all
Identical to mine except mine's in standard black paint. I was surprised at how quick mine was ready, bearing in mind I haven't actually got a date yet so they might turn round and say there's a couple of weeks delay
duffman
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2015

Post by duffman »

Another quick one of mine

smithcity
New

Post by smithcity »

duffman wrote:Another quick one of mine

Very nice, exactly the same as mine that's on its way!
Bigfish99
New
Drives: GTI DSG

Post by Bigfish99 »

Black looks lovely! Measured my tyre PSI today and 35psi all around... front are suposed to be 39 with two people in the car so its a right wee bit down... worth a check if you guys haven't already! Cheers, Matt!
minefields
New

Post by minefields »

Mine has just hit stage 6 and is in the UK :D so should be with the retailer in a weeks time, now I can't wait
LegoDeano
Getting There!

Post by LegoDeano »

Looks amazing, identical to mine too so glad to see a pic of one in all it's glory :D .

Haven't had an update as of yet but it's build week was scheduled in for w/c 18th.

Roll on next month *fingers crossed*.
C_Randell_23
Getting There!
Drives: 6C GTI Black 3dr Manual with toys

Post by C_Randell_23 »

Making me more excited for my black 3dr on its way.

Does anyone know what the average time is between build week and delivery to the dealership for 3dr manuals?

My buildweek is w/c 25th April (next week) but my dealer told me to expect the car around 30th June, seems like a long time between build and delivery?