New GTI

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Dink
Platinum Member
Drives: 2015 GTI

Re: New GTI

Post by Dink »

j7jeff wrote:Hi all

2016 Polo GTI , Deep Black Pearl 5 door... Has anyone experienced a lumpy acceleration through 4.5k RPM? Almost like a second boost but very noticeable and not at all smooth?

Happens everytime. Have tried to get my hands on a power curve graph to see if power/torque increases around this RPM but can't find one...

Help before I call VW :)

Thanks
i've had mine on a rolling road

this is the thread with the graphs on
Poopaconk
New
Drives: 1.8TSI GTI

Post by Poopaconk »

Digressing a bit the second video (now below) seems to show a rather poor 0 -100kph run. The guy sits on the limiter in 1st for a second or so before changing up. I'd have thought the outcome could have been a fair bit quicker.

http://youtu.be/QZSYKyq96b8
m0rrthal
Getting There!
Drives: 2015 VW Polo 6C GTI

Post by m0rrthal »

Poopaconk wrote:Digressing a bit the second video (now below) seems to show a rather poor 0 -100kph run. The guy sits on the limiter in 1st for a second or so before changing up. I'd have thought the outcome could have been a fair bit quicker.

http://youtu.be/QZSYKyq96b8
Those videos are better, imho:

DSG: 6.7s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiNakcLVGWo

Manual: 6.2s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lQpuU1Gy-o
minefields
New
Drives: 2016 polo gti

Post by minefields »

Had the car 2 days and now first mod done. Installed a dash cam. I went with the A118c and the nextbase hardwire kit. The only wire showing is the one that goes into the cam from the headlining. The camera itself is really small and pretty much fully hidden behind the rear view mirror. Its not got a suction mount, just a sticky pad so from the outside its pretty inconspicuous.

Quality seems great and for a total cost of about £60 including the hardwire kit it seems great value. Also had to buy a 32gb micro sd card, but they are very cheap now. Really happy and the install took about 30 mins to do in total.

stables89
New
Drives: Polo 6C GTI

Post by stables89 »

minefields wrote:Had the car 2 days and now first mod done. Installed a dash cam. I went with the A118c and the nextbase hardwire kit. The only wire showing is the one that goes into the cam from the headlining. The camera itself is really small and pretty much fully hidden behind the rear view mirror. Its not got a suction mount, just a sticky pad so from the outside its pretty inconspicuous.

Quality seems great and for a total cost of about £60 including the hardwire kit it seems great value. Also had to buy a 32gb micro sd card, but they are very cheap now. Really happy and the install took about 30 mins to do in total.

How hard is it to wire up?

Any chance of a pic from drivers seat looking out the windscreen? Cheers
Pearls
New
Drives: Polo GTI 1.8TSI

Post by Pearls »

Wiring up through the fuse box is simple with a Nextbase hardwire kit, I personally install my Blackvue cameras with a power magic pro and cut into the wiring loom, install my own ignition sensor and fuse but its easier to do it with a Nextbase. Running cables up the pillar trim and behind the rubber seals is easy, the headlining is easy as well.
PoloJoe1996
New
Drives: Polo 6c GTI

Post by PoloJoe1996 »

Hey everybody,

Don't want to hijack the thread but I have a new gti, 3dr White. Cracking car! Done some stuff this weekend including black roof and mirrors, metal plates and a Volkswagen Motorsport badge. Going to fit led fog lights soon as I think the standard ones look naff with the led main beam. Here's a few pics :D

ImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
stables89
New
Drives: Polo 6C GTI

Post by stables89 »

PoloJoe1996 wrote:Hey everybody,

Don't want to hijack the thread but I have a new gti, 3dr White. Cracking car! Done some stuff this weekend including black roof and mirrors, metal plates and a Volkswagen Motorsport badge. Going to fit led fog lights soon as I think the standard ones look naff with the led main beam. Here's a few pics :D

ImageImage

Looks really nice. Was thinking of getting tye roof wrapped aswell. One of the reasons i was tempted to go for the sunroof was for the black roof
Fox1429
Getting There!
Drives: GTI

Post by Fox1429 »

Out of interest has anyone had issues with the start/stop system?

I know there are certain conditions where it isn't activated (such as if the engine isn't up to temperature, driver not wearing seatbelt or if you're on a hill) but a number of times mine has stopped working with the message 'engine must be running' when clearly it is!

Anyone else experience this/is it a known issue.

Don't know if I can be bothered booking in with the dealer just for this but would be interested to know others experiences.
rsmagee
Silver Member
Drives: BlueGT (6C)

Post by rsmagee »

Fox1429 wrote:Out of interest has anyone had issues with the start/stop system?

I know there are certain conditions where it isn't activated (such as if the engine isn't up to temperature, driver not wearing seatbelt or if you're on a hill) but a number of times mine has stopped working with the message 'engine must be running' when clearly it is!

Anyone else experience this/is it a known issue.

Don't know if I can be bothered booking in with the dealer just for this but would be interested to know others experiences.
Its badly translated from German, but it means the engine needs to remain running as something is using to much power.
saty
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo 6r 1.6tdi

Post by saty »

Hi guys,
Recently fitted a 6c gti bumper to my 6r, however it came with a section of the diffuser missing, see below.
Been trying to find a part number for that section which covers the tow eye for the past 2 weeks but can't find anything. I think the diffuser is available as a whole section, before I go ahead and buy the whole diffuser I thought I'd ask if any of you guys have a part number for the section.

If not would one of you guys mind pulling that detachable section off and see if there's a part number stamped on it? It's held on by clips and is made to come off to reveal the tow eye.
I know its a long shot but worth a try :oops:

Thanks in advance guys :)

Fox1429
Getting There!

Post by Fox1429 »

Its badly translated from German, but it means the engine needs to remain running as something is using to much power.[/quote]

Ah I see. At least I know it's not a fault as such then.
polocks
New

Post by polocks »

Fox1429 wrote:Its badly translated from German, but it means the engine needs to remain running as something is using to much power.
Ah I see. At least I know it's not a fault as such then.[/quote]
Acc running?Never had mine go off with it set higher than a 3rd
ShaunP
Getting There!
Drives: 2015 1.8 GTI

Post by ShaunP »

First organised polo meet from the owners club Facebook page. Around 22 polos turned up and turned out to be a cracking day. https://www.facebook.com/groups/1615655315371819/

ImageImage

Fox1429
Getting There!

Post by Fox1429 »

polocks wrote:
Fox1429 wrote:Its badly translated from German, but it means the engine needs to remain running as something is using to much power.
Ah I see. At least I know it's not a fault as such then.
Acc running?Never had mine go off with it set higher than a 3rd[/quote]

Happens with ACC off.