Possible new GTI

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
bennyboy
Bronze Member
Drives: old 6r GTI , now 6c GTI

Possible new GTI

Post by bennyboy »

Hi all , im looking at getting a new polo gti soon and just wondering where people are buying there's from i.e dealers , car supermarkets , online sites ?
Its just all I know is to walk into a dealership and hand over my money with either no or very little discount, so is there anything better out there ? and if you got any discounts .
Thanks.
Quicksilver
Getting There!
Drives: 2016 Polo GTi DSG

Re: Possible new GTI

Post by Quicksilver »

I used Carwow. Listers in Nuneaton gave me the best price. Actually, £600 less than my nearest dealer could offer and delivery to Essex on a transporter. Extras like £1,000 deposit contribution, free insurance and free breakdown etc. by using VW finance
humbermart
New
Drives: 2016 Polo GTI Manual 3 Door

Post by humbermart »

It's easy to get £3K off the GTI without trying too hard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
d7lan
New
Drives: Awaiting delivery of 6C GTI 5dr

Post by d7lan »

I used Carwow too. Decent discount of around £1k if I remember correctly. Plus £1400 deposit contribution from VW and first year's insurance free (for over 25's only on the GTI).

I didn't actually use the Carwow dealer, but I printed the quote and took it to my local dealer who price matched.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
duffman
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2015

Post by duffman »

Yep I used carwow/drivethedeal etc to get the best prices, then took them to the local dealer and asked them the match. Ended up with a fair chunk off, maybe around 3K can't remember now
MIBUCS
New
Drives: None yet!

Post by MIBUCS »

I done much the same thing, took carwow & DTD quotes to my local dealer, they couldn't match but got comfortably close, which saves me trawling across the country to pick it up when it arrives!

Got nearly £1600 off list on a cash sale. If I'd taken a PCP and had a VW in the household I'd have be looking at around £3.5K off list.
blackertracker
Bronze Member
Drives: ..

Post by blackertracker »

Tip: you can take a PCP then pay it off immediately and still retain the deposit contribution discount and any other incentives offered such as free insurance.
MIBUCS
New

Post by MIBUCS »

blackertracker wrote:Tip: you can take a PCP then pay it off immediately and still retain the deposit contribution discount and any other incentives offered such as free insurance.

This was mentioned when I ordered the car though I was sceptical! Spent the last hour trawling t'internet, seems there are virtually no penalties going down this road, a few days interest and possibly the option to purchase fee!

£1400 extra in my tail is very appealing!

Top man, thanks for the tip!
LegoDeano
Getting There!
Drives: Polo GTI+ / Limestone Grey

Post by LegoDeano »

Yep - I'd recommend Carwow too. Used it to get a price on mine and they offered me £2150 off (give or take a few pounds.. was more like £2143 but hey) along with free mats, free tank of fuel, £1400 contribution on top and a years free insurance. I think it was Eastbourne who offered me the best deal and then I took that into my local dealership and he matched it there and then no questions asked..
blackertracker
Bronze Member
Drives: ..

Post by blackertracker »

MIBUCS wrote:
blackertracker wrote:Tip: you can take a PCP then pay it off immediately and still retain the deposit contribution discount and any other incentives offered such as free insurance.

This was mentioned when I ordered the car though I was sceptical! Spent the last hour trawling t'internet, seems there are virtually no penalties going down this road, a few days interest and possibly the option to purchase fee!

£1400 extra in my tail is very appealing!

Top man, thanks for the tip!
I did this myself. No fees, no interest. I "withdrew from the contract". Also got a year's free insurance.
MIBUCS
New

Post by MIBUCS »

blackertracker wrote:
I did this myself. No fees, no interest. I "withdrew from the contract". Also got a year's free insurance.
At which point during the 14 days did you withdraw?
Dink
Platinum Member
Drives: 2015 GTI

Post by Dink »

i got nearly 12% off the price of my gti with a cash sale

i didn't want to go down the finance route even if i could of saved a little bit more.
bennyboy
Bronze Member

Post by bennyboy »

wow, thanks for all the reply's , I've since registered & input the spec polo gti I want which was around £23,000 I've now had 6 offers made to me by vw dealers and the best at the minute is £20,150 + full tank of fuel, £1,400 deposit from vw + 1 years free insurance, and im getting a good px price with over 5,000 cash back lol nice .
so a HUGE THANKYOU to you all on here for the info on carwow web site .
told my local dealer who gave my no discount off but said he would get back if he could do anything but nowt as yet. im not gonna hold my breath.
bennyboy
Bronze Member

Post by bennyboy »

Well happy days, deposit paid , just have to wait now till September for delivery of my new silk blue GTI.
bennyboy
Bronze Member

Post by bennyboy »

:D well my new GTI landed at the Dealers yesterday , ready for collection on Monday , can not wait . :D