New GTI

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
ShaunP
Getting There!
Drives: 2015 1.8 GTI

Re: New GTI

Post by ShaunP »

santini wrote:Has anyone tried to remove the front grille GTi badge?
They're stuck on, put a flathead behind or use your finger and they unstick and come off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
santini
New
Drives: Honda Civic

Post by santini »

Is the honeycomb pattern different when you take the GTi badge off...?
ShaunP
Getting There!
Drives: 2015 1.8 GTI

Post by ShaunP »

santini wrote:Is the honeycomb pattern different when you take the GTi badge off...?
No you only take the letters off, the plate of the badge stays in the grill

santini
New

Post by santini »

ShaunP wrote:
santini wrote:Is the honeycomb pattern different when you take the GTi badge off...?

Can you remove the plate then?
Monty
New
Drives: Polo GTI 6C

Post by Monty »

santini wrote:
ShaunP wrote:

Remove the plate from the back of the grill, its on clips, easy. The plate isn't moulded into the the grill so its nice honeycombed if you choose to remove or re-badge it.
fivelittlefish
New
Drives: 2016 GTI

Post by fivelittlefish »

Monty wrote:
santini wrote:
ShaunP wrote:

Remove the plate from the back of the grill, its on clips, easy. The plate isn't moulded into the the grill so its nice honeycombed if you choose to remove or re-badge it.
Not on mine it isn't - there's a cutout support structure behind the plate.
santini
New

Post by santini »

Both of you have the 6C?
fivelittlefish
New

Post by fivelittlefish »

santini wrote:Both of you have the 6C?
Mine is a 6C, yes - Jan 2016
santini
New

Post by santini »

fivelittlefish wrote:
You have seen this on your car...? Not read on the internet nor seen it on a video?

From what I've seen on a video, you can't really take the whole badge off because it's not honeycombed as the rest of the grille...
fivelittlefish
New

Post by fivelittlefish »

santini wrote:
fivelittlefish wrote:
You have seen this on your car...? Not read on the internet nor seen it on a video?

From what I've seen on a video, you can't really take the whole badge off because it's not honeycombed as the rest of the grille...

Yes, I have personally removed the letters and the backing plate. There is a hole, with a supporting structure behind the plate - there is no continuation of the grill and no honeycomb.
santini
New

Post by santini »

fivelittlefish wrote:
santini wrote:
fivelittlefish wrote:

Yes, I have personally removed the letters and the backing plate. There is a hole, with a supporting structure behind the plate - there is no continuation of the grill and no honeycomb.
Thanks.
santini
New

Post by santini »

Can anyone that got their GTi by now post your tracking order number so I can get an idea of what I'm looking for? Or send me a private message...?
LegoDeano
Getting There!
Drives: Polo GTI+ / Limestone Grey

Post by LegoDeano »

santini wrote:Can anyone that got their GTi by now post your tracking order number so I can get an idea of what I'm looking for? Or send me a private message...?
I didn't get an order number from VW when I placed my order until about 5 days later when my salesman sent me a video update message with a number and details of how to track. Your retailer should be able to give you your order number to track?
santini
New

Post by santini »

LegoDeano wrote:
santini wrote:Can anyone that got their GTi by now post your tracking order number so I can get an idea of what I'm looking for? Or send me a private message...?
I didn't get an order number from VW when I placed my order until about 5 days later when my salesman sent me a video update message with a number and details of how to track. Your retailer should be able to give you your order number to track?
This is Portugal... Which implies different ways of working things out.
I had to send the salesperson a link about "Follow My Car", because even though it's his job, he never heard about it. After a while I ordered the car, and then after a few days, he sent me the confirmation and no tracking link, neither order number. I've called the importer which told me to talk to the retailer. And so forth...
TeddyThePug
New
Drives: GTi

Post by TeddyThePug »

santini wrote:
LegoDeano wrote:
This is Portugal... Which implies different ways of working things out.
I had to send the salesperson a link about "Follow My Car", because even though it's his job, he never heard about it. After a while I ordered the car, and then after a few days, he sent me the confirmation and no tracking link, neither order number. I've called the importer which told me to talk to the retailer. And so forth...
The retailer should give you the order number at least. You can then use that to use the Live chat from the VW website and ask for an update.