New GTI

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
santini
New
Drives: Honda Civic

Re: New GTI

Post by santini »

I've been trying to get any feedback from live chat the whole day... No success yet :roll:
LegoDeano
Getting There!
Drives: Polo GTI+ / Limestone Grey

Post by LegoDeano »

santini wrote:I've been trying to get any feedback from live chat the whole day... No success yet :roll:
Yeah the retailer are the ones to confirm your order number. How long ago did you order up the car? My retailer gave me an 8 digit number which you can then track online and also give to VW live chat who can use the number to look details up. Can VW live chat not contact your retailer for you to get the info? When they were messing me about saying the car hadn't arrived / had arrived the VW live chat contacted my retailer direct to get more info for me.
santini
New

Post by santini »

I have order confirmation, 4 digit order number, dates for order, build and predicted delivery along with a retailer stating to check on the status every couple of weeks.
Will keep trying Live Chat, even though for the UK instead of Portugal, since I can't find it on google.
Jaimielad
New
Drives: Black 2016 Gti

Post by Jaimielad »

Image1464288137.903460.jpg
Image1464288137.903460.jpg (194.8 KiB) Viewed 1820 times
Image1464288163.252952.jpg
Image1464288163.252952.jpg (188.04 KiB) Viewed 1820 times
First detailing tomorrow for my Mrs new toy
Can't wait[emoji8]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jaimielad
New
Drives: Black 2016 Gti

Post by Jaimielad »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]
ImageImage

santini
New

Post by santini »

santini wrote:I have order confirmation, 4 digit order number, dates for order, build and predicted delivery along with a retailer stating to check on the status every couple of weeks.
Will keep trying Live Chat, even though for the UK instead of Portugal, since I can't find it on google.
Ok... Got through in Live Chat and I was advised to report the situation to HQ. Will have another shot with the importer before acting accordingly.
LegoDeano
Getting There!

Post by LegoDeano »

Guys - driving to work this morning the screen dinged up with a little message saying "Oil Sensor - Workshop!". Not even had it 7 days yet.. what's the deal with that?! I took some pics and emailed it across to my sales guy and will give him a call this morning to have it looked at asap. It also had a message "Error: Stop/Start System" so no idea what's going on. I turned the engine off once I got to work and restarted it again and everything disappeared. That said though I've just had a text from my other half who's driven the car on to her work and the warning lights have all come back on again. :cry:

OH and one other thing.. I got my V5C doc through the post and it says Polo GTI etc then underneath says 6R... is that correct? I thought the new ones were 6C's unless I'm getting them mixed up?
ShaunP
Getting There!
Drives: 2015 1.8 GTI

Post by ShaunP »

LegoDeano wrote:Guys - driving to work this morning the screen dinged up with a little message saying "Oil Sensor - Workshop!". Not even had it 7 days yet.. what's the deal with that?! I took some pics and emailed it across to my sales guy and will give him a call this morning to have it looked at asap. It also had a message "Error: Stop/Start System" so no idea what's going on. I turned the engine off once I got to work and restarted it again and everything disappeared. That said though I've just had a text from my other half who's driven the car on to her work and the warning lights have all come back on again. :cry:

OH and one other thing.. I got my V5C doc through the post and it says Polo GTI etc then underneath says 6R... is that correct? I thought the new ones were 6C's unless I'm getting them mixed up?
In regards to last question it's built on a 6r chassis I think hence why it says that on the VIN. It's on all the 6c so nothing to worry about

LegoDeano
Getting There!

Post by LegoDeano »

ShaunP wrote:
LegoDeano wrote:Guys - driving to work this morning the screen dinged up with a little message saying "Oil Sensor - Workshop!". Not even had it 7 days yet.. what's the deal with that?! I took some pics and emailed it across to my sales guy and will give him a call this morning to have it looked at asap. It also had a message "Error: Stop/Start System" so no idea what's going on. I turned the engine off once I got to work and restarted it again and everything disappeared. That said though I've just had a text from my other half who's driven the car on to her work and the warning lights have all come back on again. :cry:

In regards to last question it's built on a 6r chassis I think hence why it says that on the VIN. It's on all the 6c so nothing to worry about

Ah that makes sense, cheers for confirming mate.

VW picked my car up about midday today, waiting to find out what the issue is with the other bits!
ShaunP
Getting There!
Drives: 2015 1.8 GTI

Post by ShaunP »

LegoDeano wrote:
ShaunP wrote:

VW picked my car up about midday today, waiting to find out what the issue is with the other bits!
Not to worry, hope it's nothing too serious ☹️

LegoDeano
Getting There!

Post by LegoDeano »

ShaunP wrote:
LegoDeano wrote:
ShaunP wrote:

Not to worry, hope it's nothing too serious ☹️

Yeah me too! I was hoping for some trouble free motoring! Just called for an update but was told the guy I needed to speak to was with someone.. guess I'll be patient!
LegoDeano
Getting There!

Post by LegoDeano »

So, I've got the car back and have been told what the problem was..

Are you ready?

.....the plug for the sensor was loose and just needed plugging back in.

..yeah.....
santini
New

Post by santini »

LegoDeano wrote:So, I've got the car back and have been told what the problem was..

Are you ready?

..yeah.....
Hooray :mrgreen:
santini
New

Post by santini »

LegoDeano wrote:So, I've got the car back and have been told what the problem was..

Are you ready?

..yeah.....
Why was it loose...?
C_Randell_23
Getting There!
Drives: 6C GTI Black 3dr Manual with toys

Post by C_Randell_23 »

So today is the day I finaly get to pick the GTI up, I will post pictures up ( once someone tells me how to hahaha) and give my honest first impressions and thoughts on the car and the sport package for anyone reading this who is undecided if its worth ticking that box. :D :D :D