New GTI

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Andy4791
Silver Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2015

Re: New GTI

Post by Andy4791 »

It warms up very quick on cold mornings too, something to do with the kilowatts of engine. Most people on here have had the brake squeak I think
minefields
New
Drives: 2016 polo gti

Post by minefields »

Lol everyone else has brake squeak, mine has a clutch squeak :D its intermittent but quite loud and annoying when it happens. So into VW it went today and they are replacing the bearings in the pedal box. Should be able to pick it up tomorrow.

So for the time being they have given me an R-line Polo. Not a bad car except I am missing around 100 bhp so finding the engine really slow.

video of the noise so I could prove to VW it was doing it.

https://youtu.be/9Rmr8BXAIAo
Last edited by minefields on Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
d7lan
New
Drives: Awaiting delivery of 6C GTI 5dr

Post by d7lan »

The clutch would get annoying very quickly!

I have been messing around with photos and Instagram filters recently. Need to get it cleaned up again and get photos with some decent scenery too.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
LegoDeano
Getting There!
Drives: Polo GTI+ / Limestone Grey

Post by LegoDeano »

Nice pics d7lan!

Looking forward to getting mine cleaned when the weather is a bit better and then taking some more pictures.

I've also got a little squeak, seems to be when I'm reversing back up onto the drive and gently brake.
Wolfi
Bronze Member
Drives: 2015 6C GTI

Post by Wolfi »

CALLING EVERYONE WITH A 6C GTI!

If anyone fancies a good day out with your GTIs, join us on the UK-POLOS.NET club display at GTI International http://www.gtiinternational.co.uk/
on 9th/10th July at Shakespeare County Raceway, Stratford Upon Avon. It would be a good opportunity to get as many 6C GTI's together as possible and put a few forum names to faces.
There is also a dragstrip there so anyone wondering about actual 0-60 times can finally put the rumours to bed by running their own car up the strip!

More info here: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=68043&p=503132#p503132
LegoDeano
Getting There!
Drives: Polo GTI+ / Limestone Grey

Post by LegoDeano »

Wolfi wrote:CALLING EVERYONE WITH A 6C GTI!

If anyone fancies a good day out with your GTIs, join us on the UK-POLOS.NET club display at GTI International http://www.gtiinternational.co.uk/
on 9th/10th July at Shakespeare County Raceway, Stratford Upon Avon. It would be a good opportunity to get as many 6C GTI's together as possible and put a few forum names to faces.
There is also a dragstrip there so anyone wondering about actual 0-60 times can finally put the rumours to bed by running their own car up the strip!

Tempted by this! Never been to something like this in my own car before!
Wolfi
Bronze Member
Drives: 2015 6C GTI

Post by Wolfi »

LegoDeano wrote:
Wolfi wrote:CALLING EVERYONE WITH A 6C GTI!

Tempted by this! Never been to something like this in my own car before!
Join us! If you're interested, book club display tickets on the show website and put your name down in the forum thread (link above)
Jaimielad
New
Drives: Black 2016 Gti

Post by Jaimielad »

That's a couple of mods on now
Number plate
Led fog lamps
Vw dust caps
Motorsport badge on back

Just waiting for my vw racing springs and carbon fibre boot badge to arrive

Happy days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
polocks
New
Drives: GTI

Post by polocks »

Those getting the cracking when changing audio input.

on my 10k service I mentioned this and some of my speakers are now being replaced, but even the replacement ones were faulty apparently

Dink
Platinum Member
Drives: 2015 GTI

Post by Dink »

polocks wrote:Those getting the cracking when changing audio input.

on my 10k service I mentioned this and some of my speakers are now being replaced, but even the replacement ones were faulty apparently

It's nothing to do with the speakers.

Imho it's a design fault with the head unit and even if you get a new one you still get the same version so the fault is still there.
TeddyThePug
New
Drives: GTi

Post by TeddyThePug »

Already clocked 500 miles and loving it more each time I go out in it :) Onlt thing I've noticed with a fair bit of motorway driving is there is a distinct slight wind noise from the drivers door somewhere.. not too major but just something i've noticed.

It's so nice to be able to accelerate past stupid drivers rather than having to brake all the time.. haven't been able to do that since I had my Astra GTE hehe :lol:
C_Randell_23
Getting There!
Drives: 6C GTI Black 3dr Manual with toys

Post by C_Randell_23 »

TeddyThePug wrote:Already clocked 500 miles and loving it more each time I go out in it :) Onlt thing I've noticed with a fair bit of motorway driving is there is a distinct slight wind noise from the drivers door somewhere.. not too major but just something i've noticed.

It's so nice to be able to accelerate past stupid drivers rather than having to brake all the time.. haven't been able to do that since I had my Astra GTE hehe :lol:
At 110 i thought my window was actually open :lol:
d7lan
New
Drives: Awaiting delivery of 6C GTI 5dr

Post by d7lan »

Has anyone had any issues with the touchscreen going blank?

Parked up in the sun for a few hours today and when I got back to it the screen won't come on. Music still plays, and the buttons to the side are still switching between radio, media, etc. But nothing on screen.

It's now in the shade so hopefully when I go back to it there's a new lease of life...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Andy4791
Silver Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2015

Post by Andy4791 »

Find im getting a fair few rattles and buzzes at the moment. Got one buzz from passenger door/maybe A pillar area, another from seat belt height adjuster right by my ear another from centre dash area. Admittedly the air con is on and off at min so cabin plastics are expanding and contracting so this can cause a few issues I know. Did expect better from a VW to be honest, I'd say its worse than my Ford Fiesta for these which is a shame. Anybody else experienced many?
rm55mcc
Silver Member
Drives: Polo 1.4

Post by rm55mcc »

Any one notice that the door rubbers seem to make a rather strange sound as if they are dried out?? Any one recommend something to put on them????