Forge Twintake on our GTI 1.4TSI engines?

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Maty J
New
Drives: Polo GTI 6R

Forge Twintake on our GTI 1.4TSI engines?

Post by Maty J »

Hi guys,

Ive got a chance to get a Forge Twintake quite cheap compared to any of the other upgrade intakes made for our 1.4Tsi engines, does it fit? (Line up with the front grill air duct?) Will the second intake actually sit anywhere useful?

Interested not because it's a twin take, purely because it's cheap and near my house!

Anyone who's got any knowledge on whether this will fit hit me up!
iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Re: Forge Twintake on our GTI 1.4TSI engines?

Post by iichel »

Mostly, the restrictions in power or torque are not in the inlet trajectory but either in the fuel management or the exhaust side (emission regulations).
So I doubt there is much to gain with a new intake on this turbocharged engine.

But on the other hand, if it's cheap, get it. You'll be able to sell it again easily :)
Maty J
New
Drives: Polo GTI 6R

Re: Forge Twintake on our GTI 1.4TSI engines?

Post by Maty J »

We have some tuners here in Melbourne who promote a "stage 2" for our twin charged engines, they do recommend an intake and exhaust upgrade. As expected there's nothing to be gained from just sticking the intake on, but it does free up quite a substantial (enough) amount of flow to see a numbers difference at the wheels (after a custom map)

Do you think the twin take will fit our engines? They're designed for the 2.0L but I'm beginning to read that all 2L intakes do in fact fit the 1.4 bay