New GTI

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Essexpologti
New
Drives: Polo gti 2015

Re: New GTI

Post by Essexpologti »

Think I may have an issue unless it's nothing. Done around 200miles now and noticed as I go through 2nd gear (through the Rev range) before going into 3rd I hear a very odd rattling noise from the bottom of the car...going to check it later to make sure. Also seems jalty in 1stif going quite slow...any ideas?

Hope I've got nothing to be concerned about :shock:
Bigfish99
New
Drives: GTI DSG

Post by Bigfish99 »

Funny you mention that... My DSG Ive found to be smooth and seamless in D/S mode with no jerky changes or the likes.... Though when going into M mode, particularly going from 2/3 + 3/4 ive noticed it jerky...a rough engage and a noticeable clunky sound from underneath the car also... Not sure whats going on, whether its supposed to be like this or... Anyone else notice anything similar? Going to bring it to VW on Monday to see if they can shed any light.
Wilxay
Silver Member

Post by Wilxay »

Replacement car is here! Should be picking it up next weekend.
MR9LT
New
Drives: 2016 GTi

Post by MR9LT »

Other than the usual rattles with a new car as we all would expect, could I ask if any one has any real issues with the sunroof blind rattling around an squeaking, asked the dealer to look at it but you can imagine the whining from the service department!! NFF!!!

Second thing, I've seen mention of an aircon firmware update, does anyone have the same issue as me of constant refrigerated air from the A/C even with it most definitely A/C Off, [getting external condensate on the windscreen] all the time.

Cheers
TeddyThePug
New
Drives: GTi

Post by TeddyThePug »

I'm happy with the car apart from the bluetooth quality. Calls I have problems whereby people can't hear me sporadically and when I play audio through the phone I get a choppy playback with frequent breaks in play. It's annoying as I often need to take calls on the move and usually just stick spotify on the phone for music.

I don't think it's the phone as it worked fine in my previous car for both calls and audio.
Timmsy
Getting There!
Drives: 2016 Polo GTI

Post by Timmsy »

MR9LT wrote:Other than the usual rattles with a new car as we all would expect, could I ask if any one has any real issues with the sunroof blind rattling around an squeaking, asked the dealer to look at it but you can imagine the whining from the service department!! NFF!!!

Second thing, I've seen mention of an aircon firmware update, does anyone have the same issue as me of constant refrigerated air from the A/C even with it most definitely A/C Off, [getting external condensate on the windscreen] all the time.

Cheers
I get this condensation on the outside of the front window too, just thought it was nice cold air coming out with ac off.
Will ask the dealert about it Thursday when it goes on for a replacement tyre
Jaimielad
New
Drives: Black 2016 Gti

Post by Jaimielad »

Just a quick before and after of the badge change

Vw lowering springs going on next friday
[emoji1303][emoji964][emoji875]

ImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
d7lan
New
Drives: Awaiting delivery of 6C GTI 5dr

Post by d7lan »

That looks cracking! Like the idea but don't think it would look as good on a red motor

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Wilxay
Silver Member

Post by Wilxay »

d7lan wrote:That looks cracking! Like the idea but don't think it would look as good on a red motor

Wonder no more.
d7lan
New
Drives: Awaiting delivery of 6C GTI 5dr

Post by d7lan »

That's much better than I had imagined! ...looks like my bank accounts taking another hit.

Doesn't help I have managed 1000 miles in my first month with the car, and I don't even use it for commuting as I have a works van!

GeorgeS78
New
Drives: Polo 9N3 soon to be 6C GTI

Post by GeorgeS78 »

The red badges just stand out better, such a small thing that changes the carImage

LegoDeano
Getting There!
Drives: Polo GTI+ / Limestone Grey

Post by LegoDeano »

Where did you get your badges George?
GeorgeS78
New

Post by GeorgeS78 »

Got them fitted by the dealer but you can get them from tps, round corner from Crawley vw

Jaimielad
New
Drives: Black 2016 Gti

Post by Jaimielad »

Ordered mine from good old eBay
Genuine vw parts only
My last set on my 6r came from China and looked god awful
As George said its a small change but it makes the front end so much better. I wanted a silk blue gti also but the wife said no[emoji35]

GeorgeS78
New

Post by GeorgeS78 »

Here's a better pic of her guysImage