"Switch off screen (in 10 seconds)" setting lost

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
vts2gti
New
Drives: Polo GTI

"Switch off screen (in 10 seconds)" setting lost

Post by vts2gti »

Hi,

Just discovered a mildly annoying software bug with my new Polo GTI (which I'm otherwise loving btw!). It forgets the "Switch off screen (in 10 seconds)" setting when the car is restarted. It seems to remember other settings like the screen brightness or language (I tried French for a bit!), but the screen off setting is lost every time.

Is VW aware of the issue? Is there a software update or work around to fix it? I would imagine they have just forgotten to store the setting or forgotten to read it back on startup.

Found the same question in one of the Golf forums, but no solution was posted. I will ask the dealer of course, but any help here would be appreciated. I think it's a really cool setting as the screen will light up again when you move your hand close to it. Just can't be bothered to set it every time I start the car!

Cheers,

Robin.
nry
Bronze Member

Re: "Switch off screen (in 10 seconds)" setting lost

Post by nry »

This has been a standard 'feature' since the touchscreen units came out...my 2014 BlueGT is the same and after a few visits to VW for 'updates' I was told it is not supposed to remember this setting...

Seems backwards to me, it should remember it...but apparently it won't and can't so it isn't a 'fault' so much as, in my opinion, an oversight in the design.
George417
New
Drives: 6c Polo Gti

Re: "Switch off screen (in 10 seconds)" setting lost

Post by George417 »

I had a phone call from my local dealer saying there is a software update for the radio on my polo gti. It my be worth giving your local dealer a call. Hope this is any help.