GTI Owners; Does your car encourage bad driving behaviour by other drivers?

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
derkie54
Getting There!
Drives: 2016 Polo 1.0 110PS TSI SEL 5 Door

Re: GTI Owners; Does your car encourage bad driving behaviour by other drivers?

Post by derkie54 »

People's driving habits are getting worse I think, I don't have a GTI but still get it.
If I can't read the number plate in my mirror then they're too close and it happens more times than I like !
lancslad1985
Gold Member
Drives: 2020 polo gti plus

Post by lancslad1985 »

If someone is too close (for me, that means I can't see the headlights) then you'll find quite often they back off if you use your screenwash. Doesn't always work and only really works above about 35mph, but when they're up your bumper and suddenly can't see it tends to shock some people. Doesn't seem to stop the BMW and Audi drivers, but works on many others!
joe6
Bronze Member
Drives: Golf Mk6 GTI (Scirocco gone) Polo 6c GTI

Post by joe6 »

A bit off topic but I hear that BMW is thinking about fitting rear view mirrors as standard to their cars so BMW drivers can see cars waiting to overtake :?:
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

joe6 wrote:A bit off topic but I hear that BMW is thinking about fitting rear view mirrors as standard to their cars so BMW drivers can see cars waiting to overtake :?:
Even if BMW fit them as standard Joe, you're assuming that the drivers will use them. Same with indicators....................
lancslad1985
Gold Member
Drives: 2020 polo gti plus

Post by lancslad1985 »

SRGTD wrote:
joe6 wrote:A bit off topic but I hear that BMW is thinking about fitting rear view mirrors as standard to their cars so BMW drivers can see cars waiting to overtake :?:
Even if BMW fit them as standard Joe, you're assuming that the drivers will use them. Same with indicators....................
Everyone knows that the indicators on BMWs, Audis, Mercs, Jags and Land Rovers don't actually work. They're there for show. Us common folk are just supposed to mind read where the upper class want to go!
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

lancslad1985 wrote:Everyone knows that the indicators on BMWs, Audis, Mercs, Jags and Land Rovers don't actually work. They're there for show. Us common folk are just supposed to mind read where the upper class want to go!
So true........... :)