Polo gti parabolica alloys wanted.

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Abs223
New
Drives: Polo r line

Polo gti parabolica alloys wanted.

Post by Abs223 »

Hi, I'm looking for a set of gti parabolica wheels if anyone can point me in the right direction would much appreciated, looked online can't find any.
CNK
Gold Member
Drives: 6R

Re: Polo gti parabolica alloys wanted.

Post by CNK »

Abs223 wrote:Hi, I'm looking for a set of gti parabolica wheels if anyone can point me in the right direction would much appreciated, looked online can't find any.
Hi!

6C0601025K ('PARABOLICA', 7,5Jx17H2, ET44, 5/100)

I found only these:
:arrow: http://www.ebay.de/itm/Original-VW-Polo ... 2231698389
:arrow: http://allegro.pl/vw-polo-parabolica-17 ... 55023.html
:arrow: http://www.nnp.be/nl/VW/d/1-x-17-alu-ve ... 6c0601025k
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

Forum member Tam9n had a set for sale in June. Might be worth contacting them to see if they are still for sale as the ad. doesn't indicate they've been sold. Link to ad. below;

viewtopic.php?f=60&t=68386
Abs223
New

Post by Abs223 »

Thanks guys but I want to ideally want to find a uk dealer if I can :)
SRGTD

Post by SRGTD »

If you want to get them via a UK dealer, have you tried your local VW dealer? I'm sure they could obtain a set for you, but they're likely to be expensive; forum member Bear1992 was quoted £550 per wheel by their dealership earlier this year. Link to thread below;

viewtopic.php?f=56&t=68688&p=512779&hil ... ca#p512779

If your car is as per your signature (Polo r line), fitting a set of GTI Parabolica wheels would be classed as a modification for insurance purposes, so don't forget to inform your insurer.
Abs223
New

Post by Abs223 »

I've seen a set of 4 on gumtree for £470! But too far away to drive :( I guess I could ask vw if I'm desperate but £550 a wheel is disgraceful
SRGTD

Post by SRGTD »

Abs223 wrote:I've seen a set of 4 on gumtree for £470! But too far away to drive :( I guess I could ask vw if I'm desperate but £550 a wheel is disgraceful
Can't you get the seller on gumtree to send them to you via courier if you agree to pay the courier charge? It'll be much cheaper than buying a new set at £550 a wheel.

https://www.paisleyfreight.com/alloy-wh ... Gwode10BRw
CGreen98
Getting There!
Drives: Polo 1.6 TDI SEL

Post by CGreen98 »

If you have facebook there's a 6R/6C group, these came on yesterday?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
6RPotentialBuyer
Getting There!
Drives: Candy White Polo 6R

Post by 6RPotentialBuyer »

I'd be a little weary of replica wheels as I remember seeing some on Alibaba/Aliexpress but I wouldn't know if they were replica's or not
SRGTD

Post by SRGTD »

6RPotentialBuyer wrote:I'd be a little weary of replica wheels as I remember seeing some on Alibaba/Aliexpress but I wouldn't know if they were replica's or not
Agree, 6RPotentialBuyer. A lot of the replicas will be described as being in the style of the originals (e.g. Parabola 'style' alloys). Some of the replicas are also of questionable quality - they may not have the same structural rigidity as OEM alloys so would be more prone to buckling. The quality of the finish may be poorer too, so if they're diamond cut, they're may be more susceptible to white-worm corrosion.

The Parablicas highlighted by CGreen98 are advertised as genuine wheels, so should be OK.
sirdimitris
New
Drives: Polo 6C 1.2tsi Stage1

Post by sirdimitris »

I am searching too for genuine parabolica alloys for a good price
Abs223
New

Post by Abs223 »

Can't you get the seller on gumtree to send them to you via courier if you agree to pay the courier charge? It'll be much cheaper than buying a new set at £550 a wheel.

https://www.paisleyfreight.com/alloy-wh ... Gwode10BRw[/quote]

Would the carrier service pick up the wheels from the seller then delivery to me?
Abs223
New

Post by Abs223 »

Anything you find on aliexpress isn't going to be genuine
SRGTD

Post by SRGTD »

Abs223 wrote:Would the carrier service pick up the wheels from the seller then delivery to me?
It may be easier for the seller to arrange the courier, but yes, the courier would collect the wheels from the seller and then deliver them to you. The seller would need to package the wheels for transportation as per the courier's requirements to ensure they're not damaged during transit.

There are other courier firms that you might want to check to see what their carriage charges are (try a Google search), but I've seen Paisley Freight mentioned on other forums - I've not used Paisley personally, so can't vouch for how good they are; maybe other forum members have and can provide feedback? If you've not already done so, probably worth reading through the FAQ's and packaging requirements etc. on the carrier's website.
Abs223
New

Post by Abs223 »

SRGTD wrote:
Abs223 wrote:Would the carrier service pick up the wheels from the seller then delivery to me?
It may be easier for the seller to arrange the courier, but yes, the courier would collect the wheels from the seller and then deliver them to you. The seller would need to package the wheels for transportation as per the courier's requirements to ensure they're not damaged during transit.

There are other courier firms that you might want to check to see what their carriage charges are (try a Google search), but I've seen Paisley Freight mentioned on other forums - I've not used Paisley personally, so can't vouch for how good they are; maybe other forum members have and can provide feedback? If you've not already done so, probably worth reading through the FAQ's and packaging requirements etc. on the carrier's website.
I'll have to look into this but thank you for your replies muchly appreciated