New member here please read :)

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Greg1
New
Drives: VW Polo SE 1.4 tdi bluemotion 75hp

New member here please read :)

Post by Greg1 »

Hi guys I am a new member here I have a vw polo se 1.4 tdi. I am look to start modifying it but not sure where is a good place to get started with buying correct parts or if any what parts from other models would fit mine if that makes sense. I hope to do everything over a few months due to money. What I have in mind so far

Tint rear windows
De-badge rear
Gloss black alloys
Spoiler
Cold air intake
sport exhaust
Remap (possibly if it worth it)

I want to do some performance mods to it and get it going a bit faster it's currently 75bhp.
With a stock engine and maybe cold air intake what sort of performance gains could I expect if remapped it to stage 1?
Would I need to change any engine parts for stage 2 remap? If so what would I need?

Ps. Sorry for all the question in one go.

Many many thanks in advance
polomatch
New
Drives: 1.2 6r 70ps

Re: New member here please read :)

Post by polomatch »

Hey and welcome. The basics such as spark plugs, air filter, exhaust are all great to start off with. Remapping would be beneficial for your tdi. You're best getting a quote from a local remap garage as it'll depend on their map/software. I've heard of engines receiving 10-30% increase in hp.

Stage 2 remap you need to improve A LOT of things in your car and I wouldn't suggest doing this until you're happy/comfortable with the stage 1. You'd need better breaks, clutch, etc. Costly! :)

Good luck on your modding journey, keep us updated with some pictures.
Greg1
New
Drives: VW Polo SE 1.4 tdi bluemotion 75hp

Re: New member here please read :)

Post by Greg1 »

Hey thanks for replying.

I have had a quote from a tuning garage near me for stage 1 it costing £360 with 37% increase in bhp and torque from 155 lb/ft to 184 lb/ft. I think I will stick with a stage 1 remap, induction kit (if I can find one for my car) and either a custom exhaust (depending on price) or a resonated cat back (again if I can find it).

I will post pictures of my progress in the new year. I plan to do more on the exterior than the performance for now.

Do you have any idea if the GTI rear bumper would fit on my car I have polo 6r really like the bumper on that but not sure if it would be a direct fit or not. Thanks