blue gt washers ......wtf??

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Roonster
New

blue gt washers ......wtf??

Post by Roonster »

any ideas only had car 1 day from dealers .......so washers werent working i go to investigate and find this ???blue cable just runs up into dash Image
Roonster
New

Re: blue gt washers ......wtf??

Post by Roonster »

Anyone know what should be in the fuse space if anything ? Didn't have fuse card to tell me ? Surely this isn't safe
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

If I was to guess here, you have just bought a secondhand car and the previous owner has wired it up for a "dash cam" - that wiring is not done to the highest standard though, but is possibly safe enough? It would be handy to find the other end of that wire, maybe force selling dealer to contact previous owner on your behalf to avoid direct contact.

Edit:- that might just be an unused fuse slot there, difficult to work out with these cars as VW were not too helpful in providing complete fuse identifications! For what it is worth, I think that that yellow lead is an official VW bit of kit that has been added for the purpose of providing a pick up point for that power for something - though if I were you, I'd be checking what lies underneath that insulating tape as I'd expect that wire to get provided with a fuse very close to its origin rather than at the consumer end!

Another Edit:- okay, I've done some searching for you, that slot is nominated as being for "fuse 15" - that fuse is normally used to protect the heated washer jets - so if that car has not got winter pack, then it will be free to use as someone has done.
Roonster
New

Post by Roonster »

yeah sorry 2nd hand gt thanks for input will be going back to find out from garage previous owner etc thanks again
Roonster
New

Post by Roonster »

Well panic over its been used for the s**t tpk ...lol
Washers sorted now time for mods ...mmmmm what to do ??
Dink
Platinum Member
Drives: 2015 GTI

Post by Dink »

that is defiantly not safe as there is no fuse protection for that cable
Jessesam
New
Drives: BlueGT

Post by Jessesam »

There should be a fuse on the blue wire line before it gets to control box
Dink
Platinum Member
Drives: 2015 GTI

Post by Dink »

i'd recommend something like THIS
RUM4MO

Post by RUM4MO »

Yup!

Edit:- Boring Boring, but sorting out the proper things first will give you a better chance of having a car to modify later?
Roonster
New

Post by Roonster »

Just disconnected it as it's not brilliant...
Boring boring ??? What's that about ?
Thanks guys for input it's appreciated
As it's recently been purchased it shouldn't have left the garage with this done granted they wouldn't have seen it but obviously they hadn't checked car over so it's going back to be rectified
Apologies for boring yourselves on this matter :)
RUM4MO

Post by RUM4MO »

My Boring Boring was aimed at sorting that sort of thing out, which is boring and does not improve look/performance/etc!

I'd thing that all garages will end up taking cars in that have slight anomalies - though it does not excuse them from then selling them on without looking over them properly. Maybe dealers should have the right to claim back the monies needed to sort these sort of things that some of "us" do to their cars as they will not be spending the time it takes to do a full "bumper to bumper" check when accepting them coming in for stock.
Roonster
New

Post by Roonster »

Well they're taking it in 2morrow to remedy it so thankfunky will be sorted again thanks guys
Willni
Silver Member
Drives: Polo '14 6R, Golf 07' Edition 30

Post by Willni »

Glad you got sorted, and no it shouldn't be dangerous to put your mind at ease. It's a jumper cable it is probably connected from the tpk to the washer jets so the tpk will only run when the car ignition is fully switched on.

Usually it's for a short term fix until it can be properly rectified apparently the last owner didn't worry
Roonster
New

Post by Roonster »

Yep garage sorted it out with a splitter and fused it ...tbh the music is s**t through it and it turns off with my android phone ? Works fine with wife's iPhone tho
Any how all done they even ordered some touch up paint for a few chips and centre cap for my wheel
Just waiting now to start with a few mods